Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Nas vs. Bob Dylan
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.11.2006, 10:25 PM   #121
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
NWA is the best rap group ever.
Old 09.11.2006, 10:28 PM   #122
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
How did Wiggle Wiggle come from that?

Wikithread- post one of those Christian songs. im not sure that i know any

Check out the entire "Saved" album

Are you ready, are you ready?

Are you ready to meet Jesus?
Are you where you ought to be?
Will He know you when He sees you
Or will He say, "Depart from Me"?

Are you ready, hope you're ready.
Am I ready, am I ready?
Am I ready, am I ready?

Am I ready to lay down my life for the brethren
And to take up my cross?
Have I surrendered to the will of God
Or am I still acting like the boss?

Am I ready, hope I'm ready.

When destruction cometh swiftly
And there's no time to say a fare-thee-well,
Have you decided whether you want to be
In heaven or in hell?

Have you got some unfinished business?
Is there something holding you back?
Are you thinking for yourself
Or are you following the pack?

Are you ready, hope you're ready.
Are you ready?

Are you ready for the judgment?
Are you ready for that terrible swift sword?
Are you ready for Armageddon?
Are you ready for the day of the Lord?

Are you ready, I hope you're ready.

Old 09.11.2006, 10:28 PM   #123
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
NWA is the best rap group ever.

Just picked up an NWA t-shirt not too long ago. Genuises.
Old 09.11.2006, 10:33 PM   #124
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
Just picked up an NWA t-shirt not too long ago. Genuises.
whether they were socially conscious or not (but how could you be socially unaware living in fucking compton california?) they wrote good lyrics. the sociopolitical aspect is irrelevent in this case.
i'm sorry, i'm probably misspelling shit all over the place but i think there is perhaps a hint of lucidity in what i'm saying.
Old 09.11.2006, 10:34 PM   #125
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
I Perfer Public Enemy to NWA. They're good though
Yeah, those lyrics are pretty dumb.. Do you know Today Was a Good Day by Ice Cube? I love that song!!
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2006, 10:36 PM   #126
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
7 fucking pages?

why you guys didn't read the title of the thread, laughed and dismissed the troll is beyond me.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2006, 10:38 PM   #127
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

don't you dare point your nasty, gnarled finger at me. i wasn't the one going on for fucking pages about this bullshit.
Old 09.11.2006, 10:39 PM   #128
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
no, i know who the debate class honor students who like to drag the corpses around the town's square are.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2006, 10:42 PM   #129
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

hayden, once the horse is dead you can quit flogging it.
although you would like to pretend you know what that means, you little psuedo-intellectual prick, here it is in simpleton terms:

shut the fuck up.
Old 09.11.2006, 10:42 PM   #130
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
you little psuedo-intellectual prick,
oh wait. by your standards, i just complimented you.

MY BAD.
Old 09.11.2006, 10:58 PM   #131
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
Isn't it amazing how personally people take things on an Internet message board?
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2006, 12:29 AM   #132
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
hayden, once the horse is dead you can quit flogging it.
although you would like to pretend you know what that means, you little psuedo-intellectual prick, here it is in simpleton terms:

shut the fuck up.

Haha.
Old 09.15.2006, 06:31 PM   #133
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
This is a quick checklist of different ways a rapper can play him or herself. Witness everything from cheap gimmicks to tired clichés.
01) if you rap about murdering people and selling drugs, but claim you owe everything to god...
02) if you claim anyone who doesn't like you is a "playa hater"...
03) if you brag about how many people you've killed, but also do songs about how we should "stop the violence"...
04) if you can't remember the words to your own songs...
05) if your concerts are sold-out, but no one in the audience is old enough to drive...
06) if you repeat the same word or phrase on every song you record (ie: "it's muurda," "this is real hip-hop," "bout it," etc.)...
07) if you're named after a soft, feminine, silky fabric...
08) if you only started rapping 3 years before your album was on the shelf...
09) if you claim you're with your label "for life" and then sign to another label "for life"...
10) if the best part of your video is the women, and they barely look good... ...you might be wack

Lord, forgive me for bumping this, but I stumbled across the message above today at http://www.soundcircuit.com/wackwatch/wacktivity/
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2006, 06:53 PM   #134
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
This is a quick checklist of different ways a rapper can play him or herself. Witness everything from cheap gimmicks to tired clichés.
01) if you rap about murdering people and selling drugs, but claim you owe everything to god...
02) if you claim anyone who doesn't like you is a "playa hater"...
03) if you brag about how many people you've killed, but also do songs about how we should "stop the violence"...
04) if you can't remember the words to your own songs...
05) if your concerts are sold-out, but no one in the audience is old enough to drive...
06) if you repeat the same word or phrase on every song you record (ie: "it's muurda," "this is real hip-hop," "bout it," etc.)...
07) if you're named after a soft, feminine, silky fabric...
08) if you only started rapping 3 years before your album was on the shelf...
09) if you claim you're with your label "for life" and then sign to another label "for life"...
10) if the best part of your video is the women, and they barely look good... ...you might be wack

Lord, forgive me for bumping this, but I stumbled across the message above today at http://www.soundcircuit.com/wackwatch/wacktivity/
Reading David Toop's 'Rap Attack'wich is way more informed than old bag atari.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2006, 08:45 PM   #135
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
You're over thirty also, porkmarras. I just thought I'd remind you that you're less than six years younger.

Human beings have biases that are hard-wired.
The primary determinants of these biases are race, sex and age.

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.
Old 09.15.2006, 09:58 PM   #136
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=ted_kennedy]Been thinkin' a lot lately that the top rappers, people like Nas and, I guess Biggie when he was alive, are actually better lyricists than any one from the rock world - Dylan, Young, Beatles, etc, etc.
quote]

Teddy, my boy, you are completely fucking crazy. No way in hell has any rapper ever been able to outword Dylan, Young or the Beatles. There have been some very inventive rappers out there, but none of them compare to Dylan or Young or Lennon/McCartney. Especially Nas. He sucks. I'd say maybe Chuck D came close, but he's the man. Fuck Nas. Biggie was ok, but his death helped his career more tha anything. Besides, Biggie was a poser. A pathetic wannabe, and I for one am glad he is dead. Now Im just waiting for Jay Z and Puff Diddy-Daddy to be knocked off. They never deserved their level of fame.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2006, 05:44 AM   #137
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Jay-Z's fucking amazing. Outstanding. Now, Tone-Loc, I don't think he competes with Dylan et al, but Jay-Z? I'll have some of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2006, 08:38 AM   #138
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee

Teddy, my boy, you are completely fucking crazy...

Now you've gone and done it; you referred to him as a "boy."

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.
Old 09.16.2006, 08:40 AM   #139
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
You're over thirty also, porkmarras. I just thought I'd remind you that you're less than six years younger.

Human beings have biases that are hard-wired.
The primary determinants of these biases are race, sex and age.
I see.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2006, 08:16 PM   #140
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=kingcoffee]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted_kennedy
Been thinkin' a lot lately that the top rappers, people like Nas and, I guess Biggie when he was alive, are actually better lyricists than any one from the rock world - Dylan, Young, Beatles, etc, etc.
quote]

Teddy, my boy, you are completely fucking crazy. No way in hell has any rapper ever been able to outword Dylan, Young or the Beatles. There have been some very inventive rappers out there, but none of them compare to Dylan or Young or Lennon/McCartney. Especially Nas. He sucks. I'd say maybe Chuck D came close, but he's the man. Fuck Nas. Biggie was ok, but his death helped his career more tha anything. Besides, Biggie was a poser. A pathetic wannabe, and I for one am glad he is dead. Now Im just waiting for Jay Z and Puff Diddy-Daddy to be knocked off. They never deserved their level of fame.

Well said, man. Although, I don't think 'Biggie' was ok.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth