Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page simpsons movie is out
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.28.2007, 06:38 AM   #1
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
So I go to the theater for the very first showing. There's a line outside. I'm thinking what a great pop-cultural event this'll be. Turns out there was only one cashier and most people wanted to see Harry Potter or Rattitoullie.

Anyhow, there was enough of what Simpsons fans love for me to give it a thumbs up. Yeah, there are individual episodes that are better than the movie, but then, some are worse.

I was suprised by the irreverence. There's like three suicide gags and other unfortunate deaths. Marge says "Goddamn." A few church jokes. It wasn't as crazy as the South Park movie, but it wasn't supposed to be.

Anyhow, I waited months for this thing, so of course I was a tad let down. But it's just a fucking movie, for crying out loud. Upon reflection, there were a ton of smart jokes, satirical barbs and Homer-isms. When it gets to the dollar theater, I'm going to see it again. And maybe even again.

And oh yeah. For the people who thought that the movie would totally suck: fuck you.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2007, 07:10 AM   #2
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
hahaha, do you write for Pitchfork by any chance?
Old 07.28.2007, 07:44 AM   #3
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
think i will wait until the dvd comes out or its on telly.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2007, 09:06 AM   #4
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
It rules. Everyone should see it
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2007, 09:13 AM   #5
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
I need to see it! Fuck!

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2007, 11:28 AM   #6
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
You're an idiot.

"If you thought it'd suck, FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!" What the fuck does that even mean? "If you have a negative opinion about something and it's ability to suck, and I experience this something and it's actually good, FUCK YOU." That makes no sense. What a ridiculous, immature, stupid thing to say. See, you CAN think a movie looks shitty based on the trailer/concept, and the trailer and concept both seem shitty, so naturally one would assume it's probably going to suck. But having not seen it yet, who knows....

See, I thought it'd suck (FUCK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and I'm going to see it today... I'm one of the biggest Simpsons fans around (I always win Simpsons Jeopardy!), but I think the trailer looks unfunny and silly. But I will wait and say if it actually sucks or not later...

My problem is that I can usually tell miles away how a film is by the trailer... I see the Rubber's Lover trailer, I go "okay, looks like it's going to be a boring art film with some occassional brilliant parts but no Pinnochio 964!" And I was right. And this was just a scene of a black and white nurse and a man with goggles and a rubber suit standing around for a minute. But I could tell, man!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2007, 11:49 AM   #7
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

sellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard sucka
simpsons arent that funny any more family guy owns
Old 07.28.2007, 11:50 AM   #8
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

sellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard sucka
oh yeah and fuck U simpson lovers
Old 07.28.2007, 12:00 PM   #9
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
I went last night. It was alright, just like a long episode really. Im more of a futurama fan though.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2007, 12:20 PM   #10
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
simpsons isnt' funny anymore. family guy isn't funny anymore. south park.. uh.. well, just to keep arguments down, let's say south park is even less funny than it used to be.. (and it never was funny to begin with.. OOPS!) uhhhh... yeah. ren and stimpy stopped being funny after a few seasons. futurama was never a comedy (i don't think; there wasn't anything funny in it, but it had lots of good episodes!).

so.. yeah, that pretty much means rocko's modern life was the best cartoon ever.

Old 07.28.2007, 12:21 PM   #11
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
My problem is that I can usually tell miles away how a film is by the trailer...
That's not a problem, man, that's what trailers exist for!
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2007, 12:23 PM   #12
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

^LIKE OMG WTF^

do you not have any sense of no humur at all what so ever?

edit intednded for atsonic
Old 07.28.2007, 12:35 PM   #13
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Well, your poorly-spelled post made me laugh! (not to mention the apparently-unironic use of "OMG WTF LMAO"-speak; great comic timing there)

Uh.. and.. I'm PRETTY SURE (and this is rare, so brace yourself) that I'm in agreeance with almost everyone here when I say that Family Guy, etc. is NOT funny anymore. Family Guy, though, is a rare villian in that the new stuff is SO unfunny that it actually makes the OLD episodes seem unfunny as well... it's like, the new episodes expose the lameness that has secretly always been prevalent in all the Family Guy stuff. It's weird. Don't even get me fucking started on American Dad... god damn that shit's terrible.

Uh... Robot Chicken.. unfunny.. Actually, pretty much ANY Adult Swim Williams Street shows are unfunny now (old Aqua Teen, first season Sealab, Harvey Birdman, old Brak Show, were funny enough). The shows Adult Swim shows that aren't their shows are always hilarious... Shin Chan, Super Milk Chan.. that shit's GREAT!!!

Still, the funniest cartoon ever is the first season or so of Ren and Stimpy. Shit's golden. That or SAMURAI PIZZA CATS!!!!!!!

I dunno. I just find most "popular humor" unfunny. And I find most "underground humor" unfunny. I laugh more at really ridiculous shit, like in Pinnochio 964 when a camera superfastforwards as Pinnochio runs a million miles an hour and punches that bald dude in the chest and rips his heart out and the dude goes, "I CAN'T DIE.. I'M A FUCKNIG GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!" That shit's funny.

Or in Troll 2 when the guy goes, "They're eating her.. then they're going to eat me... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!"

Or Rock N Roll Nightmare, when Thor goes, "I'll see you again... old scratch." after wrestling with a gigantic Satan puppet for 20 minutes as cock rock music plays.

Or Shredder Orpheus when the dude skateboards around, playing his super futuristic guitar.

Or Monsturd when the doctor goes, "NO! KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OF MY SHIT MAN!"

Or most episodes of MST3K.

Or Psycho Cop 2 when the psycho cop stabs the security guard in the eye and goes, "Hey Gus.. keep an eye out for me!"

Honestly, I probably find MORE shit funny and I probably have more of a sense of humor than most people. I just don't think Cartman going "FART FART [BLEEP] FART FART!" in his retard voice and then proceeding to beat every joke into the ground for hours.. I don't find that funny. Nor did I find

Family Guy funny anymore...
Epidose of Family Guy:
PETER: I'M FAT AND DUMB.
LOIS: PETEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRR.. WANNA HAVE SEX?
PETER: HAHA YOUR NOSE LOOKS LIKE A PENIS.
STEWEY: INSOLENCE! INCEST! INCOGNITO WITH WOUNDS! REAL REMEDIES RARELY REALIZE RABID REALITIES! RAPE!
BRIAN: THAT'S NOT GOING TO LOOK GOOD ON YOUR JOB RESUME.
STEWEY: BLIMEY! I'LL.. MURDERYOUALL. DIE LOIS.
*flashback*
CELEBRITY GUEST: HEY I'M A GUY.
PETER: REMEMBER WHEN YOU SAY HEY I'M A GUY?
*flashback to another episode where he says hey i'm a guy*
*silence for 50 seconds as nothing happens*
PETER: POOP.

Oh man. That stuff's fucking hilarious!!!!!!!!! Seriously, Family Guy is terrible. It's a bunch of stoned dudes sitting around going, "So... if Skeletor popped into a room at a random moment... and yelled 'sHOW ME THE MONEY'... would that qualify as brilliant humor... or?..."

And in all seriousness, the Family Guy movie was an embarassment and was when the whole series started going down hill.

So, I hope the Simpsons movie isn't too bad... the show has been gradually getting less funny and less funny for NINE years... but I still chuckle once or twice every 3 or 4 episodes.. so who knows.

Old 07.28.2007, 12:46 PM   #14
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

like lolz i was right
Old 07.28.2007, 12:47 PM   #15
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
"So... if Skeletor popped into a room at a random moment... and yelled 'sHOW ME THE MONEY'...

hahaha yeh that would rock
Old 07.28.2007, 12:52 PM   #16
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
It's common knowledge Family Guy has terrible writers. The Simpsons Movie was good. Endo story.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2007, 12:52 PM   #17
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Well, your poorly-spelled post made me laugh! (not to mention the apparently-unironic use of "OMG WTF LMAO"-speak; great comic timing there)

my amzingly awesome post can make even the coldest haerts laugh
Old 07.28.2007, 12:57 PM   #18
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

haha, you're a good sport.

Old 07.28.2007, 02:46 PM   #19
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
It was good, did anyone stay to hear Maggie speak?
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2007, 02:51 PM   #20
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
no, i missed that.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth