Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Does the world need another 'Noise' record?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.08.2006, 09:25 AM   #81
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
but unlike punk (and you are probably talking about brit punk, because that crap was disposable as shit) noise HAS edition but not from the artists themselves but from the listeners, thanks to the internet.

true, in the early days, making noise was a whole lot harder and more expensive, so artists used to take a lot more time and dedication to their art unlike today, add that recording wasn't as easy or cheap as now and you can see why there was a lot more self-editing, when people recorded, they needed to record their very best stuff not just whatever they fancied; also, back then (as noted), if you wanted noise you had to buy records, cassettes, etc. but today, you can actually hear noise and decided whether is good or not, thanks to the internet; you can try as many noise artists and as many tracks by them and decided whether they are good or not, it takes a lot of dedication because there's so much stuff out there. it flips the roles as now the audience gets to be picky...yet, it doesn't happen because people still fall for the "LIMITED TO 25 COPIES!!!! OH SHIT I GOT TO HAVE IT!!! WHO KNOWS IF THEY'LL RELEASE ANOTHER 3" NEXT WEEK!!!"
mentality and bands get to sell their shitty music to people buying and paying as much as they wish, if they are buying it, why try harder?

all i'm saying is that if you are into noise and want good, quality stuff, there's a possibility to find it and trying out before spending money on mediocrity. plus, even if you spend money on crap, there's always ebay, where you can stick it to some dork who'll think he'll be belle of the ball at the next local basement no wave/laptop show.

now, on another subject, how about naming the best noise albums each of us have ever heard?
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2006, 09:29 AM   #82
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
that's complete bullshit, otherwise the world would be full of amazing artists, musicians, actors and sports players.
and by this i mean eveyone would be persuing their dreams rather than working at whatever dull job they have. of course, you can do anything you like, but only the talented people are going to be good, and they are born with the ability to be better than everyone else.

they are talented, they are great, they just dont have the self confidence, the motivation and the passion to pursue it.
Old 08.08.2006, 09:29 AM   #83
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic

now, on another subject, how about naming the best noise albums each of us have ever heard?

lets start another thread for that
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2006, 09:32 AM   #84
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Go for it.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2006, 09:35 AM   #85
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
that's complete bullshit, otherwise the world would be full of amazing artists, musicians, actors and sports players.
and by this i mean eveyone would be persuing their dreams rather than working at whatever dull job they have. of course, you can do anything you like, but only the talented people are going to be good, and they are born with the ability to be better than everyone else.
Actually Golden Child is right. Though to have that kind of dedication, passion, motivation, etc, etc, that fire, ad infinitum; is generally considered humanly impossible... Though that doesn't mean that it cannot be cultivated if one is so inclined and determined enough to pursue their inclinations. Talent usually dictates at what level of the field you will be playing at. For example, there are countless players in the English Premier League; but not all of them are earning Micheal Owen's or Alan Shearer's wages... Again there are also players in the second division and so on and so forth. All of these players are doing mostly what they like and most of them are probably capable of football ordinary people can only dream about, but the point is, they're all playing football... I'm sorry if I'm not making any sense, but what I'm trying to say maybe is, it doesn't really matter if you don't become the next Wolf Eyes or merzbow, if you really are dedicated and passionate about noise...
Old 08.08.2006, 09:38 AM   #86
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden child
they are talented, they are great, they just dont have the self confidence, the motivation and the passion to pursue it.
But this is total rubbish that has no tangible proof in the real world.Can you give me some proof of what you are saying?Sorry but statements per se interest me very little.I need to know what makes you think that what you've just said is right.

Old 08.08.2006, 09:38 AM   #87
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

i'm sorry, that is complete feel-good self-help rubbish. i've seen so many passionate, motivated, confident, intelligent people continualy produce bad art that i couldn't even begin to tell you how many. and this includes people i'm studying art at university with, people who work hard, care about art, but over the course of the years their ideas and skills have not improved. whereas the talented people i know, can be as lazy as they like, or work hard, either way they still produce better work.
Old 08.08.2006, 09:41 AM   #88
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
i'm sorry, that is complete feel-good self-help rubbish. i've seen so many passionate, motivated, confident, intelligent people continualy produce bad art that i couldn't even begin to tell you how many. and this includes people i'm studying art at university with, people who work hard, care about art, but over the course of the years their ideas and skills have not improved. whereas the talented people i know, can be as lazy as they like, or work hard, either way they still produce better work.
This is true. Talented people who are lazy and live off other people should be shot and fed to hungry people all over the world.
Old 08.08.2006, 09:45 AM   #89
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyasa
Actually Golden Child is right. Though to have that kind of dedication, passion, motivation, etc, etc, that fire, ad infinitum; is generally considered humanly impossible... Though that doesn't mean that it cannot be cultivated if one is so inclined and determined enough to pursue their inclinations. Talent usually dictates at what level of the field you will be playing at. For example, there are countless players in the English Premier League; but not all of them are earning Micheal Owen's or Alan Shearer's wages... Again there are also players in the second division and so on and so forth. All of these players are doing mostly what they like and most of them are probably capable of football ordinary people can only dream about, but the point is, they're all playing football... I'm sorry if I'm not making any sense, but what I'm trying to say maybe is, it doesn't really matter if you don't become the next Wolf Eyes or merzbow, if you really are dedicated and passionate about noise...

you think owen and shearer are only in the position they are in due to the amount of effort they make? no, they have innate levels of skill, and a higher potential for brilliance than almost anyone playing football on the planet. do you mean to say that second division players wouldn't like to be playing premiership or international football, that the only reason they aren't is because they aren't passionate enough? rubbish. this applies to sport and this applies to music, and eveything else.

it's all well and good to say doing something for the sake of it is enough, it doesn't matter if you're the best or the worst, doing it is more important. well fine, just don't expect other people to react kindly to paying for the pleasure of experiencing your shitty work.
(in fact not fine, if you're rubbish at what you're doing have the decency to keep your work to yourself)
Old 08.08.2006, 09:50 AM   #90
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
original question.

i suppose it depends on what your defintion of noise is. i say yes why not.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2006, 09:54 AM   #91
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

yes, of course, there should be more noise, there's always the possibilty of there being someone who'll be an ace.
Old 08.08.2006, 09:58 AM   #92
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Well,my original question didn't certainly imply that there isn't talent out there.I've been going through many a record thinking:'Why the hell did i buy that?''.But that doesn't mean that there isn't good stuff out there and i'm the merrier for knowing that.

Old 08.08.2006, 10:04 AM   #94
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
...I've been going through many a record thinking:'Why the hell did i buy that?''...

and i quote myself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
...even if you spend money on crap, there's always ebay, where you can stick it to some dork who'll think he'll be belle of the ball at the next local basement no wave/laptop show by owning the flaming piece of shit you just disposed...
Old 08.08.2006, 10:37 AM   #95
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
fuck that, anyone can do anything they want whenever they want. they just have to have the motivation, dedication, and passion to do it, no matter if you are 10 or 100.

Again, I have to say that this is complete tosh. If only that were the case. Sure confidence and motivation are important and it's surprising how far arrogance and bullshit seem to take some people. But ultimately talent is pretty important and, I think, a fair deal of good fortune. Also, it helps if you know people.

Alas, I think (and this is in life in general, not just the arts) that arrogance, bullshit, nepotism and networking get you further than talent, passion and all that.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2006, 10:46 AM   #96
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
talent is subjective.
Old 08.08.2006, 10:48 AM   #97
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
There is a plethora of musicians who are talented as musicians, not composers.
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2006, 10:49 AM   #98
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
wHAT?????????????

Old 08.08.2006, 10:50 AM   #99
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
wHAT?????????????

Shut it,p.marras.I'll get you.
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2006, 10:52 AM   #100
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous

of course! like:

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth