Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page (actual) world cup thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.16.2010, 12:32 PM   #141
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
The NBA is a FIX.

fucking shit refs.

the goddamn celtics played like they got paid to drag it out to 7 games.
fucking asshole NBA
Old 06.16.2010, 12:38 PM   #142
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
The NBA is a FIX.

fucking shit refs.

the goddamn celtics played like they got paid to drag it out to 7 games.
fucking asshole NBA

yes, true, I even started a revolution with my students at work about this and I was the truest NBA Hater of the Year 2009, I wouldn't even check the scores BUT as I explained to them, theater and movies are still good, even if you know they are scripted, so I am just trying to enjoy the show.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2010, 12:45 PM   #143
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
and last night was a SHIT SHOW. I was so upset.

this is after reading about how Doc Rivers was on the NY Knicks team that had a 3-2 lead heading back to Houston and my beloved Rockets took it to the hilt winning the 94 championship. they asked Rivers if he had discussed this with his team and he said he had, because it is important to finish when you have the chance, and not let a team get hope.

He said the Celtics team was too young to remember that series and that they rreally did not care. it showed last night. stupid assholes.
Old 06.16.2010, 12:52 PM   #144
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
and last night was a SHIT SHOW. I was so upset.

this is after reading about how Doc Rivers was on the NY Knicks team that had a 3-2 lead heading back to Houston and my beloved Rockets took it to the hilt winning the 94 championship. they asked Rivers if he had discussed this with his team and he said he had, because it is important to finish when you have the chance, and not let a team get hope.

He said the Celtics team was too young to remember that series and that they rreally did not care. it showed last night. stupid assholes.

only cuz you were rooting for Boston, though honestly I don't usually enjoy 20 pt spreads either, they are not very excitied nor entertaining to watch, but this is the scripted drama of the Championships, and it is a fucking nail bitter. I usually don't keep up with futbol for the same reasons, it is kinda boring to me, it is dragged out unless I know what it is worth. In the Championships, huge deficits are OK, especially after Boston humiliated LA in Game 5

Old 06.16.2010, 12:58 PM   #145
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
hijackers

time for the pregame!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2010, 01:05 PM   #146
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
hijackers

time for the pregame!

I think its game time!

how good and a pleasant it would be, before God and Man, to see the unification of all, Africans..

Old 06.16.2010, 01:06 PM   #147
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
12:30mtn /11:30pac
Old 06.16.2010, 01:13 PM   #148
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
12:30mtn /11:30pac

as I ran to the TV i noticed. so here I am back as a SYG vagrant..

I am ditching work to catch the US game manyana, these early AM games are a TRIP for Angelinos, we are not quite late nite games like Eastcoast, but we usually watch games around 6-8ish. watching games before the sun is literally tripping me out.

back on the NBA derailment, I'm glad you noticed that ROB, i totally noticed Boston playing sluggish on purpose, just like it was brutally obvious that Cleveland gave up, it was Nick Nolte Blue Chips all over again (and no coincidence since Shaq was there )

of course, this does mean that regardless of scripts, Boston will be better rested for Thursday..

why were the Swiss playing so sluggish this morning? I would have never thought they woulda pulled off a win they way they were playing, it was SOOOO boring (*yawns.. scratches ass*)

at least Honduras gave Chile a run for their money.

Old 06.16.2010, 01:14 PM   #149
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i want to see as many good games as i can and not 144dbs of dumbass blowhorn.

I really don't think they've affected the quality of the games at all so far. Most of the players play in Europe and S'th America which can be just us noisey, even without trumpets. It's bad refereeing decisions (which we've thankfully had very few of so far) that will once again prove pivotal. That and the lightness of the ball, which really does seem to be affecting players, especially during free-kicks and corners - but i suspect that'll right itself in a round or two.

World cups always have their problems. The heat of America and Japan, the high altitude of Mexico, the lightness of the ball and the stadium noise in S'th Africa. But that's all just part of the event.

If you wanna see seriously disruptive stadium conditions, come to Europe.

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2010, 01:17 PM   #150
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

and back to politics, did y'all here about the protests going on in Durban and J-burg? the low and underpaid stadium workers started a post-game rally that was closed out with tear gas and typical SAP police brutality. Is it a coincidence that LAPD and SAP are sister agencies

Wed Jun 16 10:01am EDT
Thousands protest against FIFA, World Cup excess

By Brian Phillips
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_spor....TmTDD6xhcFCzx

It's a story that's received virtually no coverage in the Western media, but thousands of South Africans held a march in Durban today to protest against the government's massive spending on the World Cup. They were joined by hundreds of stewards caught up in the ongoing dispute over low wages, which saw riot police break up a demonstration with tear gas and percussive grenades on Sunday, and which has now spread to five of the ten South African World Cup stadiums. From the Mail & Guardian, a South African paper:
"Get out Fifa mafia!" chanted the crowds in a Durban park, their ranks swelled by stewards who were involved in clashes with riot police on Monday after protests over their wages.
Monday's protests triggered walkouts by other stewards, which have led South Africa's police to take control at the World Cup stadiums in Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Johannesburg and Durban.
Ever since it was awarded the staging rights, South Africa's government has faced accusations it should not be spending hundreds of millions of dollars on stadiums when about 40% of the population lives on less than $2 a day.
Spending on the World Cup has cost South Africa around $4.3 billion, a significantly higher figure than was estimated in their initial bid, and due to a variety of factors, early hopes of a financial windfall for the country have largely been dashed. Ticket sales to foreigners have been slower than expected, and FIFA, thanks to the concessions it demands from any country that wants to host the tournament, is apparently paying no taxes on the event. FIFA expects its own World Cup profits to approach $3 billion from television rights alone.
In the meantime, the South African government has asked its citizens to use less electricity to ensure a smooth power supply for the World Cup.
"We urge our communities and the public at large to continuously reduce their consumption of electricity, and thus ensure that Eskom and other role-players are able to keep the lights on,” Energy Minister Dipuo Peters said.
The minister expressed satisfaction that the stadia hosting the games have not experienced any electricity disruption so far.
Image: Getty Images

Old 06.16.2010, 01:18 PM   #151
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

do not forget the cold in south africa!
Old 06.16.2010, 01:24 PM   #152
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I know it is all family friendly and shit, and about the "growth" of the game, but I really hate seeing the players come out to do BATTLE while holding little kids' hands and shit. I findit cheap bullshit and hate it.
Old 06.16.2010, 01:41 PM   #153
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I know it is all family friendly and shit, and about the "growth" of the game, but I really hate seeing the players come out to do BATTLE while holding little kids' hands and shit. I findit cheap bullshit and hate it.

would you prefer them to do something more hardcore like behead them or something?

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2010, 02:13 PM   #154
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Nope. just leave the children out of it. This is a MAN's competition
Old 06.16.2010, 02:28 PM   #155
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Nope. just leave the children out of it. This is a MAN's competition

ha ha ha. rob, you're such a newb. children all over the world watch this tournament & a lot aspire to play the world cup one day. futbol is the main entertainment of elementary school playgrounds and streets all over the world. the team "mascots" (translating from spanish here) are a tradition, and a reminder that the game is meant to be played by gentlemen-- this isn't always the case of course, there are thugs out there (e.g. poor tzidane in the final vs italy), but there's also a lot of exemplary fair play and comradery between opponents. many opposing players are friends and professional teammates. this isn't hockey, and most players have their teeth.

====

back to the game: nice goal by forlan, bounce & all, i like what the uruguayan midfield is doing vs. their previous game. suarez is really causing danger on the right and another game could come from that band.

uruguay's week link seems to be their defenders on the left, with fucile and godin replacing victorino and gonzales who got cards. fucile is managing to stop modise, but he's been resorting to fouls, which are a sign of insufficiency. plus, he's the smalles player on the field and that can't help.

speaking of yellow cards, dikgacoi (sp?) won't play france cuz he just got his 2nd one today.

uruguay needs to stay on the attack & increase the difference-- no sense in falling back to protect their advantage just yet.
Old 06.16.2010, 02:32 PM   #156
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

very entertaining so far.

screw the kids I say.
Old 06.16.2010, 02:33 PM   #157
Beautiful Plateau
children of satan

Beautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone know what the outright odds for each team to win the cup were before the start of the tournament?

Beautiful Plateau is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2010, 02:34 PM   #158
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
screw the kids I say.

pervert
Old 06.16.2010, 02:43 PM   #159
verme (prevaricator)
100%

verme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's asses
spain managed to fuck up, eh?

missed the game, busy prepping for exams, fml!
verme (prevaricator) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2010, 02:53 PM   #160
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

spain was sloppy at times and lackadaisical at times
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth