Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore Announce Split
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.03.2011, 02:09 PM   #541
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
I wish that was true.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2011, 02:22 PM   #542
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Lester Bangs kicked absolute ass.
Old 11.03.2011, 02:29 PM   #543
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Byron Coley still does.
Old 11.03.2011, 04:10 PM   #544
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
This thread is about our heartbreak, not stereophonics
Old 11.03.2011, 04:29 PM   #545
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
you post one facebook status and it goes mental...

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2011, 05:49 PM   #546
Decayed Rhapsody
the destroyed room

Decayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's asses
I wish Steven Wells was still alive. I would give him a big kiss, even though he's wrong.

Thurston always seemed like an "intellectual fetus." Steve: secretly the smartest member.
Decayed Rhapsody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2011, 06:15 PM   #547
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
This thread is about our heartbreak, not stereophonics
I'm going to miss you, my extremely gay friend.

come visit. we'll have a rap-off, then talk about skronk and vagina.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2011, 12:35 AM   #548
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I'm going to miss you, my extremely gay friend.

come visit. we'll have a rap-off, then talk about skronk and vagina.
read that as fap-off
Old 11.04.2011, 04:31 AM   #549
monostereo
empty page

monostereo has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
That's bullshit.
A R U M O R !
Nobody with a right mind would act like that.
Makes for an amazing movie plot, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
quote:

a few years ago, both thurston and lee were asked to design some special edition mustang guitars for fender.
they were released to great fanfare.
well it turns out, kim was really disappointed that no one asked to put out HER guitar.
you know how she's always moaning on about women's rights and such.
well, it turns out, she wouldn't shut up about it, and finally Fender had to recall thurston and lee's guitars.
when forced to renegotiate, thurston and lee were to tell fender that unless they put out a kim gordon guitar,
than they couldn't lend their names to the brand.
fender refused, and the line was put out of production.
thurston and both lee were resentful of this ultra PC bent that kim forced them to adopt(as per usual. . ?)
this proved to be the final dividing line however, as thurston continually confronted kim about her ruining his passive cash cow,
and that her feminist PC stance on the guitars was really just masking her insecurities about her validity as a "real musician"
thurston exploited this to the point where kim eventually moved out of their connecticut home, and this led to thurston ultimately asking for
a divorce. apparently, he has met someone. wild flag ?

the mystery continues.

i saw thurston was at their(wild flag) show the other night.

stealing all tha riot grrl's hearts.

that dog.
http://terminal-boredom.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=653b2eb9c53931b022bfb3081db4ed 6f&topic=34143.45
monostereo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2011, 06:18 AM   #550
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decayed Rhapsody
I wish Steven Wells was still alive. I would give him a big kiss, even though he's wrong.

Thurston always seemed like an "intellectual fetus." Steve: secretly the smartest member.

Yes, he seemed like a fun dude to hang out with. I don't agree with much of what he says about Sonic Youth, or many other bands for that matter, even though I feel roughly the same way about 90% of their fans.
Old 11.04.2011, 06:29 AM   #551
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by monostereo
That's bullshit.
A R U M O R !
Nobody with a right mind would act like that.
Makes for an amazing movie plot, though.

I mean, look at how they think they know them so well as people to claim that the story above is false. It could be false, I agree. It could also be true. It wouldn't be a strange thing at all if they argued the shit out of every collective decision they make as a band. That would make them HUMAN. Just because you're used to TM kissing you on the cheek after he finishes playing his acoustic set in Northern Carolina, that doesn't mean he isn't capable of asserting himself when it comes to how his own band operates.
Old 11.04.2011, 09:42 AM   #552
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
this news makes me sadder than when i found out flotz was dead
Old 11.04.2011, 09:50 AM   #553
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I mean, look at how they think they know them so well as people to claim that the story above is false. It could be false, I agree. It could also be true. It wouldn't be a strange thing at all if they argued the shit out of every collective decision they make as a band. That would make them HUMAN. Just because you're used to TM kissing you on the cheek after he finishes playing his acoustic set in Northern Carolina, that doesn't mean he isn't capable of asserting himself when it comes to how his own band operates.

oddly, I agree with you totally on this.
Old 11.04.2011, 12:21 PM   #554
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
this news makes me sadder than when i found out flotz was dead
yes, but thanks to the miracle of BRAINJARS, I still spit FIRE.

ps: HITLER says to tell you "tag, mien liebchen. kommst du mit ins Brasilien" (whatever that means).
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2011, 02:13 PM   #555
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

du kranke kleine offa
Old 11.05.2011, 11:56 AM   #556
krischanski
children of satan

krischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asseskrischanski kicks all y'all's asses
Godwin's law. Argument over.
____
krischanski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2011, 12:43 PM   #557
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
1st show of South American tour tonight, 1st test run for SY as a viable project post (official, announced) T/K split. Do we have any reporters on the ground?
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2011, 12:45 PM   #558
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
Wow totally forgot about that.

Anyone there, please report!
Pelle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2011, 12:50 PM   #559
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar
another aspect of fandom, is nepotism-Thurston or Kim or Lee talk about something, or Steve puts out a band like the Rondells, it expands your world.
It's still them discussing things relevant to them, it's not a mutually relational experience, you are feeding off them, they are eating off of you. Sounds mutual, maybe mutually exclusive. When is about the world of art & when is it about personal gain?

Oh for the love of the Flying Spaghetti Monster....please look up the meaning of "nepotism", and then re-write the above.
Old 11.05.2011, 03:24 PM   #560
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Nepotism pop?

My dad once got me a job writing freelance for the newspaper he edited. That was nepotism.

What's nepotism-pop?
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
252627 28 293031 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth