Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page If Kim's Voice Was So Shot, Why Didnt They
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.10.2006, 12:37 AM   #1
simibaby
little trouble girl

simibaby has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
...just do ANOTHER song?!! w/ Thurston on vox? Shit, man!
simibaby is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 12:42 AM   #2
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, she did sound a bit off. I guess after touring all summer that'll happen.
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 12:48 AM   #3
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
Oh well, it happens I suppose. Steve and Lee were really rockin' though.
mushmanski57@hotmail.com is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 12:54 AM   #4
CROATOAN
empty page

CROATOAN ain't too shabby
My mom FUCKING HATED IT. She sat there just shocked out of her mind that they were just on national television. She aslo commented on Kim's dancing saying she looked like a 3 year old and was expecting her to start jump roping.

I dont know why they didnt play another song though like you said, hell, I would have taken Incinerate. But in the end, no harm done.
CROATOAN is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 12:56 AM   #5
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
Croatoan, I guarentee that was what my mom would have said had she seen it.
Old 08.10.2006, 01:01 AM   #6
CROATOAN
empty page

She also said that she could sing better than that, and my mom knows that she is no singer.

I'll have her listen to Rheena tomorrow but I'll bet money that she still won't like it. But she kindof liked the song itself.
Old 08.10.2006, 01:04 AM   #7
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

Have her listen to a few ATL songs, 'Cross The Breeze, and the WM title track. Her voice sounds better on those.
Old 08.10.2006, 01:06 AM   #8
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
do you care what your mom thinks of SY?
do you think we care???
geez, get a grip...
i don't see the big deal, yeah she sounded a bit flat. however last night she sounded alright in Toronto.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 01:13 AM   #9
CROATOAN
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
do you care what your mom thinks of SY?
do you think we care???
geez, get a grip...
i don't see the big deal, yeah she sounded a bit flat. however last night she sounded alright in Toronto.

No and no. I was just trying to discuss the topic and the look on her face was hilarious so I talked about her. No big deal at all...geez.
Old 08.10.2006, 01:36 AM   #10
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
She did a great job on Reena when she was in Milwaukee, and I don't really like that song.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 01:42 AM   #11
kill_yr_evol_sister
little trouble girl

kill_yr_evol_sister ain't too shabby
k, we've got like a MILLION threads about this, lol, but oh well.

uhhhm, i KNO they've gotta "promote" thier new stuff, but i still think it would've been cool to play an old song, like when they were on carson daly promoting murrary street, they played 100%, but OH WELL.......kim was a little off, and reena isnt exactly my favorite, but i did like how thurston TRIED to "save" the performance with JUUUUST a little "noise" towards the end, lol.
but still would've like to see an older song played.

kill_yr_evol_sister is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 07:56 AM   #12
baby bulldog
bad moon rising

baby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's asses
TV Apperances are like a cum shot.One and done and thank you very much.I loved the performance on Conin.
baby bulldog is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 08:13 AM   #13
Androol
the destroyed room

Androol kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's asses
if anyone has a link for this video it would be greatly appreciated!
Androol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 08:38 AM   #14
lizzarddd
bad moon rising

lizzarddd has tongues queuing up for a rim-festlizzarddd has tongues queuing up for a rim-festlizzarddd has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
I loved the performance also,
I never knew Thurston was that tall, looks as if hes a little bigger if not the same as Conan, and Conan is huge.

++ I loved kim's dancing, i think i'm going to replay it over and over and learn it so i can go out in the street and make some money doing it.
lizzarddd is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 09:14 AM   #15
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by CROATOAN
She sat there just shocked out of her mind that they were just on national television.

That's the funniest thing that I've read on this board in a long time... it"s like a line from Pink Flamingo's

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 09:15 AM   #16
Ripchord
the destroyed room

Ripchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's asses
My mom really hates Kim's voice in general so she thought it sucked.
But i agree, her voice was shot for shit.
Ripchord is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 09:16 AM   #17
Molly
empty page

Molly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentataMolly chews with a vagina dentata
I think her headset was not working properly. I thought I saw her pointing to it after the song.
Molly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 09:40 AM   #18
CROATOAN
empty page

That's a possibility, if you can't hear yourself you can't hit the notes so it makes sence.
Old 08.10.2006, 10:03 AM   #19
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
i think that was what happened, i taped it, and watching it again after Conan thanks the band and shakes hands... you can see kim discussing with thurston (audio at this point is just Conan's house band) what just happened and she 'put her finger to her ear'... that in general is a huge clue in that she couldn't hear herself during the performance, which makes it very very difficult to sing in key and/or hit the notes. its common to see singers in bands do this live as a clue in that they are at the mercy of a soundguy, but when you on television and this happens it generally seems that your fucked at that point... kinda suprising that the sound crew on such a show/network program would boch that up... so don't be quick to blame her.

i don't think the band can do more than a couple takes of a song because eventhough its taped for a national audience it is recorded live w/ a studio audience...
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2006, 12:09 PM   #20
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
I didnt think it was that great of a performance. "reena" is probably one of my least favorite songs on the record the only thing i was impressed with was how steve was able to keep that weird drumbeat at a certain part of the song.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth