Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café V
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.13.2016, 12:58 AM   #1101
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
I just want him to finish it. This "release" is the greatest clusterfuck in music history. Of course it has been downloaded illegally 500,000+ times.

And it's also the best reviewed album of the year. Rolling Stone, Spin, pitchfork, NPR, CoS, Stereogum, Quietus... nothing but glowing reviews. So honestly, whether Kanye likes it or not, the world has already formed a connection with the album, so if he's still fucking with it, he's going to have to deal with that fact. I don't even care if the album "isn't finished." It's great, and he should just move on because nobody's going to care about a slightly different version. A radically different version will be more likely to piss people off than make people happy.

I'm so glad I've had the opportunity to enjoy the album as it is, because it's a masterpiece. A messy masterpiece, but a masterpiece all the same.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2016, 01:22 AM   #1102
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
And yet tool sucks? Meh

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2016, 07:10 AM   #1103
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Robert Glasper - Everything's Beautiful (Miles Davis Tribute Album):

1. Talking Shit
2. Ghetto Walkin featuring Bilal
3. They Can’t Hold Me Down featuring Illa J
4. Maiysha (So Long) featuring Erykah Badu
5. Violets featuring Phonte
6. Little Church featuring Hiatus Kaiyote
7. Silence Is The Way featuring Laura Mvula
8. Song For Selim featuring KING
9. Milestones featuring Georgia Ann Muldrow
10. I’m Leaving You featuring John Scofield and Ledisi
11. Right On Brotha featuring Stevie Wonder

Coming out May 27th! That tracklist looks very promising. Looking forward to this.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2016, 10:24 AM   #1104
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Robert Glasper - Everything's Beautiful (Miles Davis Tribute Album):

1. Talking Shit
2. Ghetto Walkin featuring Bilal
3. They Can’t Hold Me Down featuring Illa J
4. Maiysha (So Long) featuring Erykah Badu
5. Violets featuring Phonte
6. Little Church featuring Hiatus Kaiyote
7. Silence Is The Way featuring Laura Mvula
8. Song For Selim featuring KING
9. Milestones featuring Georgia Ann Muldrow
10. I’m Leaving You featuring John Scofield and Ledisi
11. Right On Brotha featuring Stevie Wonder

Coming out May 27th! That tracklist looks very promising. Looking forward to this.

holy shit!!
Old 03.13.2016, 12:03 PM   #1105
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
And yet tool sucks? Meh

Yeah, believe it or not, even though Kanye West's The Life of Pablo is a masterpiece, Tool still sucks

(what were you even trying to get at with this one, bud?)
Old 03.13.2016, 02:24 PM   #1106
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Yeah, believe it or not, even though Kanye West's The Life of Pablo is a masterpiece, Tool still sucks

(what were you even trying to get at with this one, bud?)
Just poking the bear

Old 03.13.2016, 07:46 PM   #1107
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
the only dance electronic music that I've connected to emotionally was Discovery. in this day an age, the album doesn't do much for me anymore. I really went out of my safe zone to buy that thing. who couldn't resist Digital Love?

do remember liking some Basement Jaxx songs around the same time. I lot of that shit is frat spring break party music then and now. maybe, don't know, haven't been to panama city in years.

See why can't your incoherent posts be more like this and less like the inflammatory "pepper_green channeling his inner Trumpisms" ??

More of this, less of the drunken tirades

Old 03.13.2016, 08:02 PM   #1108
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
the only dance electronic music that I've connected to emotionally was Discovery. in this day an age, the album doesn't do much for me anymore. I really went out of my safe zone to buy that thing. who couldn't resist Digital Love?

do remember liking some Basement Jaxx songs around the same time. I lot of that shit is frat spring break party music then and now. maybe, don't know, haven't been to panama city in years.

That's funny, I know Daft Punk is widely considered to be the greatest electronic group of all time (I searched on Google and they topped every non-underground list I looked at... along with Skrillex ..) but I actually think their discography is quite spotty. Discovery is essential, yes, and their live albums are very good, but Homework and Human After All both leave me cold. I liked about four tracks on Random Access Memories, and the only two that REALLY do it for me are "Contact" (overlooked song, best on the album, one of the best of 2013, no question), and "Doing it right" w/ Panda Bear.

The rest was super basic, dumb, music.

I'm really not that into their sound. I vastly prefer the intricacies of artists like RDJ, KidKanevil, bonobo, and possibly above all others, DJ Koze. And the indie-influenced groups like Boards of Canada and Mouse on Mars. So much more interesting than that big festival stuff.

This is why I don't care for generalizations about electronic music. Even Daft Punk, who basically made the Loveless of house music, and are higher quality than many of their peers, represent something entirely different than Aphex Twin or Autechre or Squarepusher. It makes me wish that IDM was still an acceptable label, because it's true. Some of it's Fucking intelligent and some of its fucking really dumb. I like some of the dumb stuff (Rustie is dumb), but I'm not going to say it's not dumb. It certainly isn't intelligent.
Old 03.14.2016, 12:36 AM   #1109
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
And it's also the best reviewed album of the year. Rolling Stone, Spin, pitchfork, NPR, CoS, Stereogum, Quietus... nothing but glowing reviews. So honestly, whether Kanye likes it or not, the world has already formed a connection with the album, so if he's still fucking with it, he's going to have to deal with that fact. I don't even care if the album "isn't finished." It's great, and he should just move on because nobody's going to care about a slightly different version. A radically different version will be more likely to piss people off than make people happy.

I'm so glad I've had the opportunity to enjoy the album as it is, because it's a masterpiece. A messy masterpiece, but a masterpiece all the same.
I really look forward to hearing it....someday. Apparently there were some updates to TLOP today.
Old 03.14.2016, 09:52 AM   #1110
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
so that Future/Ty $ show I was complaining about being $180? Future rapped to his vocal track the entire fucking time.

People pay for anything stupid fucks.

I remember when the Univ of Houston audience booed Snow off the stage and chased him throwing bottles at his ass for "rapping" to his vocal track. Fucking pathetics. There only exists sucka MC's......
Old 03.14.2016, 10:22 AM   #1111
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I have never particularly enjoyed live hip hop. I don't even go see any of my favorite rappers.. recently such favorites as DJ Quik, Bone Thugs, Mack 10, WC, Zion I, Ghostface.. Kool Keith.. were all playing cheap and easy access shows. But I wasn't even remotely interested because live hip hop sucks. Bad sound. Bad mixing by engineers.. bad vocals.. a bunch of quasi-organized chaos with the hype men jumping in and out all out of sync..sounds like a house party under the ocean.. fuck all that mess..

the only live hip hop I actually wanted to see was when Dead Prez was performing Lets Get Free live for only $5 back in december!! But I had night class and work the next day... couldn't take a sick day...

Old 03.14.2016, 10:09 PM   #1112
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
I really look forward to hearing it....someday. Apparently there were some updates to TLOP today.

Yeah, he fucked with my favorite song. Like all Kanye albums, TLOP has now become part of my life. I'm not stoked about him continuing to fuck with it, especially when he's Fucking with the best tracks. Haven't heard the new version yet.

(sigh) ... What the hell is going on man?
Old 03.14.2016, 10:38 PM   #1113
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
^and that's why I didn't want to hear it even when it pained you. I didn't want to "live with" an album that was still influx.

And the whole Tidal "exclusive" thing gives him license to do this forever. You pay a monthly fee to hope that eventually he stops changing around the thing you're paying to have access to.
Old 03.15.2016, 08:21 AM   #1114
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
he is pulling a George Lucas
Old 03.15.2016, 10:41 AM   #1115
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
^and that's why I didn't want to hear it even when it pained you. I didn't want to "live with" an album that was still influx.

And the whole Tidal "exclusive" thing gives him license to do this forever. You pay a monthly fee to hope that eventually he stops changing around the thing you're paying to have access to.

You know, I actually think it could be kind of a revolutionary thing if done right. To have an "album" out there whose evolution people can actually witness. It's not really something that's ever been done before. It would break down walls between listener and artist. Maybe that's what's happening? But it's not CLEAR enough. Nothing is clear enough!

If he wanted to make the making of his album public, he should have announced that. Should have said "hey, I'm going to do this crazy thing where I put out an album and then live-mix and master it in front of the whole world, while taking the thoughts and opinions of fans into consideration as I go. And it's going to be a (insert pre-determined time limit here, like 1 month maybe) process, and then I'll drop the album and you can hear what you were all a part of"

If he'd done that, said that, it would be a novel and fascinating concept. But who the hell knows what he's doing? Kim seems to think he's going to release the album once it's done, but who the fuck knows? She also said we'd get GOOD Fridays again, and that went to shit immediately.

Still, I'm glad I've been listening to the album. It's just been a blast for me. I wouldn't have it any other way. I still don't really get why some people aren't interested in hearing it until it's "done," because honestly, it's done! Anything he does now is basically remixing.

There's 18 Kanye West songs out there, and they're "done" enough for every major news publication to review them. They're done enough for the songs to have an impact on fans, as they have done. You might be holding out for a worse "final" product! And assuming he does eventually release it a final version I'm pretty sure you're going to be interested in hearing what the album "was" for the first month of its life anyway.

Or maybe I'm wrong, and you guys will listen to the new album and never be curious about what it originally sounded like. But I don't see that happening.

I'm irked because he's playing with "Famous" which is my favorite track on the album, and I have no way of knowing whether or not he's making it better, but as far as I'm concerned it didn't need to be better, was already my favorite song of the year.

Mostly I just want more transparency. I want to know what's going on and what the long term goal of this bullshit is. If I knew that it would be far less irritating.
Old 03.15.2016, 10:43 AM   #1116
Severian
invito al cielo

I heard Martin Shkreli offered him some insane amount of money for TLOP. Maybe he sold it to clear his debt. Maybe he signed a contract and this is the only way he can make it available. ???

That would be seriously fucked up, and I'd have mad beef about it, but it would be an explanation at least.
Old 03.16.2016, 12:00 AM   #1117
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Sia and Vic Mensa Back on "Wolves," Frank Ocean Gets Own Track
http://pitchfork.com/news/64176-kany...ets-own-track/

updates, updates..
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2016, 12:52 AM   #1118
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
next time Sev, when you are referencing Kim, make sure it's Kim G or Kim K.

there's been times when you throw me out the loop. double take.

Sorry.

But I thought in the hip hop thread post about a Kanye album, everyone would know who I was talking about
Old 03.16.2016, 12:54 AM   #1119
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:

updates, updates..

Yeah, he said something about it being a constantly changing "living" project or something. Guess I kinda nailed that one too.

Did you hear about Jay Z's albums being removed from iTunes, Spotify and google play? Maybe it was just the Blueprint, but still... Weird.
Old 03.16.2016, 01:35 AM   #1120
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

updates, updates..

Yeah, fuck this shit. What now cracks me up about this tweaking is that it is being described as something creative, and deliberate from the get-go. That's fuckin spin. Kanye is a politician now.

Wake me up when it is done.
46535455 56 57585966106156 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth