Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.12.2018, 09:15 AM   #10501
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
A Sturridge goal is taking the piss
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2018, 09:18 AM   #10502
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
just came in to ask where was sturridge in the world cup
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2018, 10:05 AM   #10503
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
For some reason Sturridge had a stormer of a pre-season and it's carrying on. Not to worry. He'll trip over his shoelaces and have a month long injury soon enough.

Arsenal/Man City now. Gonna have to watch it on MOTD2 later.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2018, 10:40 AM   #10504
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
For some reason Sturridge had a stormer of a pre-season and it's carrying on. Not to worry. He'll trip over his shoelaces and have a month long injury soon enough.

Arsenal/Man City now. Gonna have to watch it on MOTD2 later.
insane that i get it cheep live across the pond

you sure you dont have app-only option?

no box/no install
Old 08.12.2018, 11:34 AM   #10505
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ok this prem in 2018 way more fun than that prem in 2012. yes?
Old 08.12.2018, 11:48 AM   #10506
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
insane that i get it cheep live across the pond

you sure you dont have app-only option?

no box/no install

As the Spanish would say el dodgy streams for me I'll be in my grave before I give Rupert Murdoch any money.

Emery really has his work cut out with this Arsenal team. To think that they were desperate to keep hold of Ozil when half the time he looks like he couldn't give a shit. City are a cut above them here in every way. Bernado's goal was such a peach of a goal.

Btw, I was watching this that I thing all you guys may be interested in. Great interview with Kyle Walker about his role as a wing back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DQPcxO6Tx0

Old 08.12.2018, 11:59 AM   #10507
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
As the Spanish would say el dodgy streams for me I'll be in my grave before I give Rupert Murdoch any money.

i salute your principles. wish i were the same but my flesh is weak and my appetites large.

wait... i watch nbc.not murdoch

heres a solution

1) get a vpn
2) hire out a foreign service that wont enrich murdokka

eh??

otherwise not sure of this https://www.sky.com/shop/offers/flash-sale/
Old 08.12.2018, 12:05 PM   #10508
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Absolutely not with that sky deal. And tbh, the stream I had just then was bang on the money. I just gotta accept that sometimes it's gonna be unreliable at times. As long as I can get Everton games every week I'm happy.

Besides, right now I'm saving my pennies for my great USA trip in a months time.

Old 08.12.2018, 11:00 PM   #10509
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
dont feel too bad. you’re falling to the best, in their home turf.

the way they sang that song was chillworthy

I wasn't expecting WH to win but I did expect them to at least be competitive. This season won't be defined by results against teams like Liverpool but the performance was a worry, especially their lack of pace.

We'll know more after Bournemouth next week: a team that looked decent yesterday but one that WH have to believe they not only could beat, but should beat - even though, based on what I just saw . I'm struggling to come up with a reason why.
Old 08.13.2018, 09:37 AM   #10510
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:

Besides, right now I'm saving my pennies for my great USA trip in a months time.

Very jealous. Where will you be visiting?
Old 08.13.2018, 10:03 AM   #10511
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I wasn't expecting WH to win but I did expect them to at least be competitive. This season won't be defined by results against teams like Liverpool but the performance was a worry, especially their lack of pace.

We'll know more after Bournemouth next week: a team that looked decent yesterday but one that WH have to believe they not only could beat, but should beat - even though, based on what I just saw . I'm struggling to come up with a reason why.
i think you looked better than what the scored showed. like maybe you could have closed the gap.

the only headscratcher for me was chicharito. what is he doing there? he’s over the hill now. couldn’t they have bought a more promising player? all that money...

Quote:
trump tower?? (sure as hell hope not, lol)
Old 08.13.2018, 12:51 PM   #10512
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
the only headscratcher for me was chicharito. what is he doing there? he’s over the hill now. couldn’t they have bought a more promising player? all that money...

He's ok but difficult to slot into a team. Plus Arnautovich is now our default forward. I imagine Chicharito would look for another club if he wasn't on such a good salary at West Ham. So they're sort of stuck with each other now.
Old 08.13.2018, 12:51 PM   #10513
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:

Starting off in New York to see my buddy D. Trump and pals. After that, Washington DC for a couple days, heading over the Nashville for maybe a week, during that head over to Memphis for Graceland and sun studios. I'm a big fan of Elvis so it'd be wrong not to. Then I'm gonna head south from there. Tempted to hire a car and head to random towns and try get to meet people there. After all that its New Orleans for a week. I'll be there for 5 weeks and as long as I'm in New Orleans for the flight back I'm easy with plans.

Oh that's the other thing, I've been watching Ken Burns' civil war series so I'm gonna do Gettysburg and take in a tour of that. Soak it all up.

The other thing I'm tempted to do is go to the creationist museum that's about four hours from Nashville by car. They actually have a "replica" of Noah's ark. Gotta see that!

Old 08.13.2018, 12:52 PM   #10514
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
He's ok but difficult to slot into a team. Plus Arnautovich is now our default forward. I imagine Chicharito would look for another club if he wasn't on such a good salary at West Ham. So they're sort of stuck with each other now.

Reckon Arnautovich is reliable enough to have as your main centre forward? Everton's Tosun is showing himself to be as reliable as northern rail.

Old 08.13.2018, 12:58 PM   #10515
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Starting off in New York to see my buddy D. Trump and pals. After that, Washington DC for a couple days, heading over the Nashville for maybe a week, during that head over to Memphis for Graceland and sun studios. I'm a big fan of Elvis so it'd be wrong not to. Then I'm gonna head south from there. Tempted to hire a car and head to random towns and try get to meet people there. After all that its New Orleans for a week. I'll be there for 5 weeks and as long as I'm in New Orleans for the flight back I'm easy with plans.

Oh that's the other thing, I've been watching Ken Burns' civil war series so I'm gonna do Gettysburg and take in a tour of that. Soak it all up.

The other thing I'm tempted to do is go to the creationist museum that's about four hours from Nashville by car. They actually have a "replica" of Noah's ark. Gotta see that!
definitely rent a car after dc. american public transportation is designed to humiliate the poor. there is no way to get around outside cities. in new orleans you can take cabs.

dc to nashville is a beautiful drive by the way, through rural virginia and the tennesee mountains,

if you wanna visit sites of mass shootings, virginia tech is on the way! (sorry for the tasteless joke. was meant ironically)

and dont forget to eat memphis bbq oh yeah. oh rewatch mystery train ha ha ha ha

new orleans = amazeballs. but dont drink and drive!
Old 08.13.2018, 12:59 PM   #10516
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
i think you looked better than what the scored showed. like maybe you could have closed the gap.

West Ham had one half-chance in front of goal. Arnautovich up front was effectively in solitary confinement the entire match. Meanwhile Firminho and Mane all missed sitters . The score could've easily been far worse.
Old 08.13.2018, 01:03 PM   #10517
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
West Ham had one half-chance in front of goal. Arnautovich up front was effectively in solitary confinement the entire match. Meanwhile Firminho and Mane all missed sitters . The score could've easily been far worse.
guess so. now tell me about chicharito. WHY???
Old 08.13.2018, 01:17 PM   #10518
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:

Fuck that sounds amazing. It's a dream of mine to visit Nashville and Memphis.

Quote:
Reckon Arnautovich is reliable enough to have as your main centre forward? Everton's Tosun is showing himself to be as reliable as northern rail.

I do, but Pellegrini's gonna have to find a way of getting him better service. The Liverpool game evidently wasn't the one for that but hopefully things will look better against Bournemouth.

Quote:
guess so. now tell me about chicharito. WHY???

I was one of those who thought he deserved more minutes at MU but in retrospect Fergie got him right in using him solely as an impact-sub, which is effectively how every manager has used him since. He's arguably a better out and out finisher than Arnautovich, but Arnie can play in a variety of positions and will track back when required. Chicharito offers none of that.

Moving away from WH, have to say the Liverpool player who impressed me most yesterday was Wijnaldum. Hadn't really given him much thought before (amid all the Salah mania) but he really keeps things tidy behind Salah-Mane-Friminho, for them to do their thing. They look the most likely to challenge MC but think Citeh's bench will be the ultimate difference maker. It's a bit soul destroying that Pep can choose between DeBruyne or Mahrez, or Aguero or Jesus, or one of two Silvas ... and still able to bench Sane.
Old 08.13.2018, 01:32 PM   #10519
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

he did okay at leverkusen a couple of years ago but i would not bring him to an up-and-coming team at the top league in the planet.

i guess i thought you had just bought him. did not realize he was there from before.

should have upgraded in the window.
Old 08.13.2018, 02:08 PM   #10520
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Upgrading would've been difficult cos of his wages. Regardless of what the club wants, he's under contract till 2020 and there's no reason why he should go anywhere that isn't willing to at least match the 140k a week he gets at WH.

This is what cripples all but the very top Prem clubs. Teams like WH know no player of any real worth is gonna come to them for anything but the money (or as a stepping stone to a bigger club). At this stage in Chicharito career he isn't in the shop window for a bigger club so this is all about money for him now.
426476516523524525 526 527528529536576626 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth