Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Donnie Darko is probably the best movie ever.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.23.2006, 11:46 PM   #61
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Wolf Eyes are overrated? Yeah they are, but I've never seen them live, which is how their music is intended to be best enjoyed.

Personally, out of the three shows (WE, XX, and Elf Power) I'm leaning the most toward Elf Power even though it's out-of-town.
I figure that I can crash on whatever floor they are anyway.
It sucks that it's not on a weekend. I really need to be back home to start answering any phone calls by 9 a.m. the next day.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2006, 11:47 PM   #62
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPfrey05
I watched this AGAIN..tonight with my dad
atari are you attending the upcoming Wolf eyes, unicorns, or xiu xiu concerts soon?

unicorns?! they broke up...

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.24.2006, 08:04 AM   #63
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycare Nation
In the theatrical version there was a better song in the opening credits and better music in the party scene, and there were no stupid computer monitor effects (purging files, etc.) toward the end. Also, the director's cut adds some very unnecessary scenes that take away from the pacing of the theatrical version--one such scene is the one where the parents are drinking coffee (?) on a veranda and talking about Donnie (or maybe they are at a restaruant...there are a couple of scenes like this....I only saw the director's cut once)--you must seek out the original version, it's better.

better music in the party scene? are you out of your mind?
what could be better than Love Will Tear us Apart?

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.24.2006, 01:17 PM   #64
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Daycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's asses
Love Will Tear us Apart is in both versions.

The opening credits in the original have The Killing Moon by Echo and the Bunnymen. If I'm not mistaken, the original also has Under the Milkyway Tonight in the party scene, which was replaced by something else in the director's cut.

That dragon ain't the love sweet love.
Daycare Nation is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth