Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Year of The Lips/ Dead Lips Video by Ed Parsons
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.25.2010, 01:54 PM   #1
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Sorry to start a thread about it, but I also want to promote the work of Ed Parsons. It's titled ''Soon To Be Forgotten'' after a track I recorded a while ago using lyrics by this forum's Jenn. He mixed part of another track I worked on with this forum's Dead Air, so it's a four-way collaboration of sort. I hope you enjoy it, and let me know if you would like to be put in touch with this very talented guy. Also, thanks to Glice for tipping me off about him.

http://vimeo.com/17048098
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2010, 02:03 PM   #2
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
Yes!!!
That was intense.
The Year of the Lips/Jenn half was haunting, in the purest meaning of haunting.
Parsons picture even fitted better to it then to the Dead Air Half.
thats my opinion after my first view. so take this with a grain of salt!

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2010, 02:32 PM   #3
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/user/blcmarketing

More of his stuff. Some of it featuring me, as it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2010, 05:44 AM   #4
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Don't be sorry for sharing neat stuff!

I am extremely impressed and am going to be promoting this to my friends who like this stuff. I am downloading this and putting it on dvd too (with a firefox plugin).

This video and music reminded me of SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK.

Really dug it a lot... very cool, one of the coolest things I've seen/heard in forever. Even though he's doing completely different video things than I am, I'm also really inspired by some of the shots and edits he used.

Great stuff... the song freaked me the hell out. THis should be on ubuweb.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2010, 05:59 AM   #5
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Get him to do some of your music Park, he's probably be up for it. PM me if you want his details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2010, 06:09 AM   #6
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
He's a really lovely guy, so get in touch with him. I should be doing the soundtrack for one his movies at one point. Oh and thank yous!
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2010, 06:50 AM   #7
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Movies, eh? So, has he done any movies already? I'd love to see whatever he's done.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2010, 01:03 PM   #8
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
I'm at my mom's for Thanksgiving and can't wait to hear it with decent speakers. Love how our remixes keep remixing (the time and place that the sounds from me you use represent, couldn't fit better than in a piece called "Soon to be Forgotten" at that, irony in tact).
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth