Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page How does it make you feel when dated media references something timeless?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.29.2020, 02:07 PM   #1
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Some time ago I saw an old movie called Wavelength about aliens that crash landed on Earth and got captured by a government lab that did experiments on them (basically, think E.T. meets the Roswell incident), and were later rescued by a down-on-his-luck musician and his empathic girlfriend. It has not aged well at all, and at one point as the aliens are preparing to leave, the musician shouts, "May the Force be with you!" to them. Similarly, the better-but-still-dated movie Bad Timing from 1980 prominently features the Who's "Who Are You" at a few points.

For me it seems to drive the point home that, while Star Wars and the Who's music are still relevant (the former more than the latter, for the most part), they originated in eras that are long over and aren't coming back, but am I weird to feel this way?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth