Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.22.2013, 12:53 PM   #3421
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/usnati...id/280?cc=5901

USA beat down El Salvador. It was close, 2-1 at the half. Then US took over.. Under Bob Bradley, US never had that killer instinct, we were always down just to play to win or even to draw. Now? US goes for the kill. 6-1 Belize. 4-1 Cuba. 5-1 El Salvador. While these aren't the best teams in the world, again, US never used to destroy teams like that, shitty or not. I'm looking forward to the WC qualifiers picking back up in a month!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2013, 12:56 PM   #3422
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
watched the last 20' plus highlights of the US-El Salvador match the other day and it was a bit fo a shit game but USA won 5-1, as it should always do against a team like that. some nice goals, but again, i want to see them perform against a better continental team-- not the superstars-- just sides like uruguay, colombia, chile, ecuador, etc. the rivalry with mexico is small potatoes.

makes me think we should get rid of the concacaf/conmebol bullshit and do a panamerican tournament in between world cups. let them all fight it out just like UEFA. the gringo fish needs a bigger pond.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2013, 01:11 PM   #3423
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i want to see them perform against a better continental team-- not the superstars-- just sides like uruguay, colombia, chile, ecuador, etc. the rivalry with mexico is small potatoes.

makes me think we should get rid of the concacaf/conmebol bullshit and do a panamerican tournament in between world cups. let them all fight it out just like UEFA. the gringo fish needs a bigger pond.

I agree with you completely, but your bias favoring South American teams is starting to get predictable and boring. Also, stop hating on CONCACAF. Every continent has its own "conference" and its up to those teams to field the best teams, and while CONCACAF isn't necessarily the best in the world, those teams are very widely supported and people enjoy it. By the way, who won the Olympic Gold last year? Was it a South American or European team? Right, it was CONCACAF

Just because YOU don't, doesn't mean you need to shit entirely on us with your soccer snobbery

Old 07.22.2013, 01:19 PM   #3424
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I agree with you completely, but your bias favoring South American teams is starting to get predictable and boring.

we're all on the same time zone, moron.

it's an easy setup.
Old 07.22.2013, 01:23 PM   #3425
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

That may be, but you are negating the value that CONCACAF has locally, just because you are a fucking soccer snob, doesn't mean we need to eliminate or conference to appease your snobbery. Let South America have their highly elite and competitive conference, and let CONCACAF have our own fun, we've been enjoying it for decades, if we wanted to play with the South Americans, we would join their shit or invite them more to ours. Yet we invite Asian and Pacific teams instead

Old 07.22.2013, 01:27 PM   #3426
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
That may be, but you are negating the value that CONCACAF has locally, just because you are a fucking soccer snob, doesn't mean we need to eliminate or conference to appease your snobbery. Let South America have their highly elite and competitive conference, and let CONCACAF have our own fun, we've been enjoying it for decades, if we wanted to play with the South Americans, we would join their shit or invite them more to ours. Yet we invite Asian and Pacific teams instead
you say i'm a snob, i say you're glorifying mediocrity.

team usa needs to grow, it can't keep doing it by playing matches against fucking panama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t8xwpW8gJQ
Old 07.22.2013, 01:31 PM   #3427
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
you say i'm a snob, i say you're glorifying mediocrity.

team usa needs to grow, it can't keep doing it by playing matches against fucking panama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t8xwpW8gJQ

I'm not glorifying mediocrity, I'm supporting my local teams and conference, instead of bandwagoning and front-running like you do with all that Euro trash

Old 07.22.2013, 01:35 PM   #3428
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I'm not glorifying mediocrity, I'm supporting my local teams and conference, instead of bandwagoning and front-running like you do with all that Euro trash
your conference sucks.
Old 07.22.2013, 01:35 PM   #3429
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

That's fine, and least its our own and we're not front-running pricks about it

Old 07.22.2013, 01:40 PM   #3430
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

kramer dominates the dojo
Old 07.22.2013, 01:43 PM   #3431
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

By the way, this was the best part of the game, when some pissed off Salvadorans through a bunch of trash and shit at Landon when he was about to kick a corner, so he said fuck it and jokingly put on the sunglasses they threw until the ref stopped him.

Old 07.22.2013, 07:25 PM   #3432
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

PRE-SEASON FUN!

2013 Audi Cup fixtures and tips:

31st July 2013
Manchester City v AC Milan, 4.15pm
Bayern Munich v Sao Paulo, 6.30pm

1st August 2013
Third and fourth place play-off, 4.15pm
Final, 4.15pm

---------

EXTREMELY curious about what pep will be doing, who will be playing, etc. not so curious about the rest (though i'd like to see what kind of team sao paulo has-- brazilian teams have been "buying back" talent in recent years thanks to the country's prosperous economy).
Old 07.22.2013, 08:04 PM   #3433
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
With such a managerial merry-go-round, this season will be fascinating. Bayern of course will be really interesting but new managers at Real Madrid, Chelsea, Barcelona, Man City, Man Utd will make this years CL impossible to even try to predict. Can't wait!
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2013, 08:11 PM   #3434
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

That is a funny statement coming from a Miami heat and Baltimore ravens fan.

TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2013, 08:14 PM   #3435
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

concacaf gold cup video
Old 07.23.2013, 01:38 AM   #3436
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trama
Looks like it's gonna be Tata Martino after all.

Yeah. Not someone I'd heard of until now but seems like a done deal.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...erardo-martino
Old 07.23.2013, 01:58 AM   #3437
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadcapLaughs
That is a funny statement coming from a Miami heat and Baltimore ravens fan.

I was waiting for that. I've been a Ravens fan for over ten years, LA doesn't have a football team. Heat? I followed Shaq from Lakers to Heat when he left in 2004, and they got Pat Riley, he is an LA legend. After that 15-67 season, we were sure fucking happy to snag up Lebron! So that's nine years there. Some band-wagon/front-running! I didn't front run to either team, even if you think so because they won a championship this year

Old 07.23.2013, 02:03 AM   #3438
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

!@#$%!'s favorite teams

Old 07.23.2013, 02:52 AM   #3439
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
watched the last 20' plus highlights of the US-El Salvador match the other day and it was a bit fo a shit game but USA won 5-1, as it should always do against a team like that. some nice goals, but again, i want to see them perform against a better continental team-- not the superstars-- just sides like uruguay, colombia, chile, ecuador, etc. the rivalry with mexico is small potatoes.

I'd go even further, I think an out and out merger would benefit both regions. As you say, CONCACAF is just too uncompetitive, with Mexico and the USA pretty much guaranteed to qualify, even in second gear. It'd also stop the traditional farce of CONCACAF's third placed side automatically qualifying for the WC and getting trounced in every game. The media may like Trinidad, or Jamaica but do they really deserve to be in a WC when far better countries from more competitive divisions are left behind? Meanwhile CONMEBOL has too few countries so the same teams keep playing each other over and over again.

They also need to reduce the teams that qualify from Asia. It's absurd that they get the just one less place than South America. (Uzbekistan more likely to qualify than Peru?)

It'll never happen so long as Blatter's in charge, though, seeing as he seems to think the WC is all about no-hoper sides like Jamaica participating rather than the best ones.
Old 07.23.2013, 09:15 AM   #3440
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I was waiting for that. I've been a Ravens fan for over ten years, LA doesn't have a football team. Heat? I followed Shaq from Lakers to Heat when he left in 2004, and they got Pat Riley, he is an LA legend. After that 15-67 season, we were sure fucking happy to snag up Lebron! So that's nine years there. Some band-wagon/front-running! I didn't front run to either team, even if you think so because they won a championship this year

Why wouldn't you just continue going for the lakers? You stop just because Shaq left? The heat won a championship that first year so all this sounds a little bandwagon-e. LA had the raiders and the rams and the raiders. A lot LA-ains still support them which makes a lot more sense then baltimore.

You can obviously support who you like but don't get on our case for not really giving a fuck about USA soccer. Sure ill root for them in the big touraments but as far as entertainment goes its not even close. Europe has history and a footballing culture not to mention the quality and level of competition (see Kramer owns the dogo video) that far outstrips north America.

I'm getting on your case a bit because as a lakers fan I'm a bit appaled at your heat/Lebron worship

TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
122162169170171 172 173174175182222272 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth