Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.21.2014, 01:03 PM   #4721
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
fuck argentina, great players but horrible team. don't deserve to win

Not on that showing but we all know the one about great teams being those that can win when they're playing badly. Not sure how much I believe that but they're through now. Their tournament effectively starts again next week and frankly they can only get better and we know Messi can win a game on his own.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2014, 01:07 PM   #4722
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Not on that showing but we all know the one about great teams being those that can win when they're playing badly. Not sure how much I believe that but they're through now. Their tournament effectively starts again next week and frankly they can only get better and we know Messi can win a game on his own.

well sure messi is great but my point is the manager sucks

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=...e-2379693.html
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2014, 01:18 PM   #4723
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Romero was the best Argentinian; that's quite a surprise.
Underserved win.
The TV pundit on my Qatar-owned French channel is a former player from Argentina who never played for the national team (played for Monaco and PSG). He was mad at Gago, sick of his slowing the game down, and wasn't too convinced of the way the pair Rojo-Di Maria played.
Argentina-Switzerland in the 8th?
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2014, 01:28 PM   #4724
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ps- sabella is supposedly a good manager but seeing as how articulating the team is his job, i think he's failing horribly here. as a team, argentina is playing terrible so far. they look lost. messi can't save it all. chile and colombia are doing better with less stars. if only colombia had a good finisher, they could go very far.
Old 06.21.2014, 01:47 PM   #4725
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
what the fuck is wrong with the big teams in this world cup. looks like iran wants to win, attacking more dangerously than argentina, while argentina faffs around and was spared a penalty by the blind ref. shame on these fuckers---useless superstars. sabella looks incompetent.

im gonna start cheering for iran out of sheer spite.

Agreed, that is about how I felt about it, including the cheering for Iran in the 2nd half

Reza was a delight, wish at least one of his went in. As to Argentina, considering how thoroughly Netherlands dissected Spain and how lights out France was shooting, Argentina should really reevaluate their strategies here, because frankly getting a lucky Messi goal in injury time away from drawing against Iran isn't very inspiring..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2014, 02:45 PM   #4726
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
CONCACAF teams have already passed the eye and smell test, here is some Data from FiveThirtyEight.com to support how they really have been the best teams in the Cup so far! All the other leagues have performed bellow statistical based projections, meanwhile CONCACAF is doing about twice as good as expected

Old 06.21.2014, 03:02 PM   #4727
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

finally a decent game! ghana good on the attack.

is germany trying to carry the tikitaka torch, or am i dreaming?

one thing i think germany might be missing is a 2nd holding midfielder. better organized on the attack than defending. i love how everyone swaps places all over though. loew throw an extra attacker in please. muller too lonely.

--

ps- only one boateng left! ha ha ha. seeing them go against each other was awesome.
Old 06.21.2014, 03:10 PM   #4728
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Our first streaker!!

Old 06.21.2014, 03:56 PM   #4729
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

exciting 2nd half!

this was me during the last 15 minutes, gin rickey in hand:

"DON'T GIVE THE BALL TO OZIIIIIIIIILLLLL!!!!!! DON'T GIVE THE BALL TO OZIIIIIIIILLLLLLL!!!!!!!!"

great changes bringing in pigclimber + klose. khedira was dismal!

this group is going to be awesome.

this result i think is bad for the USA because germany is kinda gonna have to kill us.

lahm pussed out in front of the goal. so did ozil. it IS starting to look like tikitaka, ha ha ha.
Old 06.21.2014, 04:14 PM   #4730
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Hey, don;t be dissing Ozil, he set them up for a great chance.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2014, 04:21 PM   #4731
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

He kept losing balls and enabling Ghana though
Old 06.21.2014, 04:28 PM   #4732
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

My favorite games thus far (in no particular order)..

Costa Rica - Uruguay
Spain-Netherlands
Ivory Coast - Japan
USA - Ghana
Brazil - Mexico
Ghana - Germany

Old 06.21.2014, 05:20 PM   #4733
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Through no fault of the game i managed to fal asleep 10 minutes into Germany-Ghana

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
My favorite games thus far (in no particular order)..

Costa Rica - Uruguay
Spain-Netherlands
Ivory Coast - Japan
USA - Ghana
Brazil - Mexico
Ghana - Germany

Mine are probably

Australia-Netherlands
Both Spain games
England-Italy
USA-Ghana
Iran-Argentina
Australia-Chile

Guilty pleasure: anything involving Honduras.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2014, 05:24 PM   #4734
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I also REALLY liked the Australia-Chile and Australia-Netherlands, I think the Chile one was a little bit better..

Old 06.21.2014, 06:54 PM   #4735
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Through no fault of the game i managed to fal asleep 10 minutes into Germany-Ghana

those were good minutes!

Quote:
Mine are probably

Australia-Netherlands
Both Spain games
England-Italy
USA-Ghana
Iran-Argentina
Australia-Chile

Guilty pleasure: anything involving Honduras.

netherlands-spain is my absolute favorite so far. "epochal" is the first word that comes to mind. there's a before and there's an after that game in the history of football. i screamed and howled and couldn't believe my eyes. van persie flying. robben running around like a rooster. the invincible armada crushed. magic!

england-italy. two distinct schools in battle, and the contest was even. italy was beautiful and england had danger, and it was just terribly entertaining.

germany-portugal. damn! germany opened up with big cannons. not sure where they are going after today but that was a big entrance.

england-uruguay. uruguay came back from the dead. and suárez was orpheus. unfortunately england wasn't as fun as it had been vs. italy.

germany-ghana. because germany didn't fuck up so much as ghana leveled up, which was the opposite of argentina earlier that day. well deserved result. and klose's somersault and his tie for top scorer. more history here. there are no more small teams. ghana the best african team i've seen this world cup. what will they do next?

chile-spain. we knew by then that spain could be beat, but chile did it with so much exuberance. the ugly part was spain's complete demoralization and san iker chewing his mouth like a very old man without teeth. i felt sad for them and del bosque like a defeated abuelito. sad!

colombia-ivory coast. lively!

brazil-mexico. loved that mexico took it to the brazilians. balls!

us-ghana. i liked that we won but it was ugly and it was a nail biter.

france swtzerland. the goals! but i didn't enjoy the part of switzerland getting massacred.

i did not enjoy seeing italy or uruguay fail before costa rica. but then i realized it wasn't a fluke and learned to enjoy it (for next time). same thing probably with netherlands-australia, while the netherlands won it was by a disappointing margin.

i haven't really enjoyed seeing brazil or argentina-- big disappointments so far. yes i liked brazil-mexico as an even contest but not as a candidate for world champion battling another team. get your shit together, fuckers! i didn't enjoy chile-australia for similar reasons but chile got it together now.
Old 06.21.2014, 08:39 PM   #4736
pad_023
the destroyed room

pad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's assespad_023 kicks all y'all's asses
3 decent games today, Ghana vs Germany one of the best of the tournament so far. I think the European Teams bar the French & The Dutch have generally looked knackered in this 2nd round of fixtures. See England, Italy, Spain, Bosnia, Germany. Today Germany couldn't attack with the intensity they did in the first game, don't think they will win it.
pad_023 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2014, 10:12 PM   #4737
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to pad_023 again.

Old 06.22.2014, 12:21 AM   #4738
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I don't know why, but the name Galveston always brings to mind Gavin Rossdale to me..

Huge game for US and Portugal tomorrow, its win or go home for Portugal so you know they are going to bring it hard, and it US wins, we advance. Probably one of the biggest games of the Group stage considering what is on the line for both teams, because if US loses suddenly Group G is literally wide open with Germany losing today..

Old 06.22.2014, 11:52 AM   #4739
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

what is this belgium?

i was sleepy this morning and forgot to add lukaku to my team but now im thinking it's no big tragedy. I HOPE I'M WRONG ANYWAY AND HE SCORES MANY! belgium has the players to be a strong contender but its airplane won't get off the ground. why why why? but why???
Old 06.22.2014, 03:28 PM   #4740
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
They were probably ready too soon.
Last year they were on top. The competition might have come too late.
This, or coach Wilmots is no great coach at all.
The players simply don't play.

Algeria's scoring nicely now. I'd like them to go through.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
187227234235236 237 238239240247287337 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth