Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page A September album challenge
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.05.2019, 02:46 AM   #61
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
I get the negative feelings towarsds the wall album. Crazy how MASSIVE the album was when it came out. There is some solid stuff on there though. It's just another double that has stuff that can be chucked and tbh, there isn't a single double album out there that doesn't have that.

Having said that, seeing Roger Waters do the whole album live was something else. A totally different experience to listening to it.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2019, 02:47 AM   #62
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
29: UGK - Underground Kingz. The only real album I regret listening to from here

Hahaha! Said it'd be a tough one and was only helping when you were in need

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2019, 02:50 AM   #63
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
It's just another double that has stuff that can be chucked and tbh, there isn't a single double album out there that doesn't have that.

The thing with double albums is that you'll end up with an artist who can fill three LP sides and think "you know what? maybe I can go for a double album, the lads like those!", and thus you've got cruft filling it up. The alternative is when you deliberately set out to make a double album, and that rarely ends well.

Part of my theory that CDs made music worse temporarily.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth