Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Harry Pussy!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.29.2006, 07:48 AM   #1
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
Does anyone know much about this band? I just heard some mp3s and i want more. What albums are the best and are they still in print?

<3 Nic
Old 03.29.2006, 09:54 AM   #2
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I've heard a lot about them, but never actually heard their stuff. What are they like?
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2006, 07:54 PM   #3
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't found anything from them yet either but I'd like to acquire something. Anyway, they are fantastic.
Their music kind of sways between more or less freely improvised hardcore punk and ultra-fucking-furious bursts of noise. Very intense.

I'm not sure what is still in print, there's atleast the What Was Music best of, but I'd personally like to get "In an emergency you can shit on a puerto rican whore".
Didn't Siltbreeze release their stuff? That might suggest that lots of their albums are out of print...
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2006, 08:29 PM   #4
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
on the other board, mrobryun posted their first album...i think it was their first or another that's out of print; it's called 'in an emergency you can shit on on a puerto rican whore' and it's very awesome. i might upload it if i have the time
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2006, 08:39 PM   #5
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onani Nic
Does anyone know much about this band? I just heard some mp3s and i want more. What albums are the best and are they still in print?

<3 Nic

thats the greatest sig.
See I hate bands with names like this because you cant say the name everywhere. Like school, Hey I was listening to some hairy pussy...
"What did you say!"
I was talking about a band
"So what?!? Doesnt mean you need to talk about vaginas!"
I wasn't.
"Shut up or Ill fuck you up son!"

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.30.2006, 01:30 AM   #6
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
yeah they were on Siltbreeze. The first one is called Harry Pussy and is suppost to be the best. I just heard some mp3s and want something on CD/record.
Old 03.30.2006, 05:32 AM   #7
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i think everything they put out up till 95 is collected on What Was Music (incredible, incredible record), this includes In An Emergency... and their self-titled record. they split in 98. they have a live 10" that's excellent too. those are the 2 records to look out for first. if anyone has a copy of Lets Build A Pussy they'd like to sell, i'll buy it.
i think what was music is still in print and you can buy it from the siltbreeze website, the live one is out of print but comes up quite often on ebay
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2006, 07:55 PM   #8
The 97th Hammer
bad moon rising

The 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard sucka
Someone posted the S/T album on one of the yousendit threads on the old board. I loved it but one of the songs was broken. "Lets play a song." (Burst of super-thrashy guitar noise). That's totally going to open the next mix I make that's intended to offend the musical sensibilities of the recipitent.
The 97th Hammer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2006, 09:30 PM   #9
SoildGoldHell
empty page

SoildGoldHell has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Grab the What Was Music? comp it kills.... ride a dove and what was music are both still avalible through the siltbreeze web site...
SoildGoldHell is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.01.2006, 12:27 AM   #10
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
on the other board, mrobryun posted their first album...i think it was their first or another that's out of print; it's called 'in an emergency you can shit on on a puerto rican whore' and it's very awesome. i might upload it if i have the time

One of the few things I missed on the old board.
Old 01.11.2007, 05:09 PM   #11
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
I got What Was Music quite recently, listening to it now. Holy fucking shit, it kills! volcanic tongue has a warehouse find of the Ride a Dove LP plus an ill t-shirt which I got as well. Definitely one of the coolest things I've ever heard.
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.11.2007, 05:18 PM   #12
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
harry pussy are amazing.
what was music is a great concise record of their career, including the full record of ""In an emergency you can shit on a puerto rican whore" and also some other live stuff. i managed to find a bootleg "Live in Minneapolis 7/30/96, which is fabulously intense stuff. i have a harry pussy t shirt, as well, which is always fun to wear.
Old 01.11.2007, 05:20 PM   #13
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Is it the one with the lady reading a novel?

Old 01.11.2007, 05:47 PM   #14
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
another nostalgia thread....

they were good in the early 90's. then Jerry Garcia died and they sucked. I'm joking but actually I realize the same time they started to suck was when Jerry died. Around 1995 they left behind the spazz music and became a mostly ugly noise band centered around the drummer's personality.

What Was Music was really awesome.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.11.2007, 06:01 PM   #15
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost
Is it the one with the lady reading a novel?

yeah that's not the one i have, but that's the one on volcanic tongue.
Old 01.11.2007, 06:02 PM   #16
whorefrost
invito al cielo

It ain't nostalgia if you wasn't there, pardner!
Old 01.11.2007, 06:11 PM   #17
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
You can buy Ride A Dove from the Siltbreeze website still...as well as the t-shirt I think. Only $9!
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.12.2007, 12:33 PM   #18
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
it annoys me that groups like lambsbread and hairpolice get hype because they are just diet harry pussy.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth