Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.19.2013, 04:22 PM   #3941
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Yeah, I've switched to France Ukraine. Definitely want France to qualify.

Me too, but it would be nice if they qualified by a legitimate goal this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMaW8arDN-w

I missed the Zlatan goal, but they'd still need two more... don't see that happening.

edit: I just learned France had a legitimate goal disqualified earlier on, so fair game.

Congrats Bertrand, see you in March.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2013, 05:29 PM   #3942
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm basing it on the players I most want to see. I'm probably more looking forward to watching Ribery and Ronaldo in Brazil than I am France and Portugal. (Saying that I'd probably be more interested in seeing France and Portugal even without them than I am Ukraine and Sweden - although I do wish Zlatan was going.)

It'll be so much more fun hating him in Brazil than it would've been had Zlatan gone instead. And Ronaldo's the better player.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2013, 06:26 PM   #3943
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
i am a barca fan through and through, but the balon d'or this year belongs to ribery or ronaldo in my opinion

TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2013, 07:39 PM   #3944
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Haven't seen enough of Ribery but agree about Ronaldo.
Old 11.20.2013, 04:56 PM   #3945
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
I didn't know Siem de Jong had been given time for the national side; that's great! He sure left a positive impression on me when I last saw Ajax play! Any chance he leaves the bench in the tournament (or any chance he gets a selection)?

Now, your well deserved French point of view...
Your relieved French point of view...

I didn't expect France to win. The first leg was so poor from the blues and so good from the Ukranians (they kept on attacking leading 2-0, they were supposed to be weak!). This being said, I didn't expect France to lose either. And a draw was out of the question too.
Arsène Wenger (future PL winner, since he's French) was a pundit yesterday and assessed one second before kick off that the Ukrainain defender that got expelled in the first leg was the one who usually keeps things together at the back, and that his absence might be France's luck. Ukraine didn't deserve a win anyway, as I can't settle on a way of typing Ukr...ian twice the same.

Last night, right from the start, I believed there'd be something, from the players' reactions.

Valbuena was there instead of Nasri. Valbuena's mocked in France, where he's said to be dumb, whereas Nasri's said to be a selfish arrogant etc. (when he really is an inconsistent performer full of himself).
Valbuena's more of team player than Nasri.

We got to see Ribéry a lot in the first leg, and Nasri too, doing sub-tiki-taka in slow motion with their pal Evra by the touchline, which was ridiculous.
Yesterday, Ribéry wasn't that much in the spotlight, even though he got to claim two assists.
Benzéma smiled once - something rare, another goal should have been awarded for this performance.

The very good ones were Cabaye (omitted in the first leg), Pogba (he's impressive, he's 20, he's gonna be a monster). Commentators will add Sakho since he scored, but I still prefer Koscielny.

We'll know what to expect when Deschamps picks his team for Brazil. Let's hope Ribéry won't be allowed to get too many of his friends on the pitch with him instead of guys who can see where and who the ball should fly to...

This was your French bit of insight, highly valuable, since French.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2013, 07:44 PM   #3946
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I'm basing it on the players I most want to see. I'm probably more looking forward to watching Ribery and Ronaldo in Brazil than I am France and Portugal. (Saying that I'd probably be more interested in seeing France and Portugal even without them than I am Ukraine and Sweden - although I do wish Zlatan was going.)

It'll be so much more fun hating him in Brazil than it would've been had Zlatan gone instead. And Ronaldo's the better player.

Same for me, I'm glad Ribery/France and Ronaldo/Portugal will be there.

Portugal were easily the stronger team in both games and they were much more entitled to claim a place in the World Cup. Pity there will be no Zlatan and no Scandinavian countries though, not to mention there isn't a country in the world that Holland has a worse head-to-head record against than Portugal, so I just really hope we don't meet them this time.
Old 11.20.2013, 07:57 PM   #3947
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand
I didn't know Siem de Jong had been given time for the national side; that's great! He sure left a positive impression on me when I last saw Ajax play! Any chance he leaves the bench in the tournament (or any chance he gets a selection)?

With Van Gaal's work method that's really hard to say at this point, but I wouldn't bet money on him going to Brazil just yet.

This time he was selected as a late replacement for Kuijt who pulled out last-minute. He played as a striker (in the absence of Van Persie, Huntelaar, Kuijt... and Lens playing wide) but under normal conditions he wouldn't be a contender for that position.

Of course he's midfielder by trade, but his main advantage - being capable of playing multiple positions - seems to be his biggest disadvantage as well. But if he has a good season with Ajax he has a chance. I guess right now the most likely midfield for 2014 would look something like this:

Strootman - Sneijder/Van der Vaart - de Guzman/Nigel de Jong

... but other than Strootman it's still anyone's guess really.
Van Gaal has said several times that only Robben, Van Persie and Strootman are guaranteed a place in the squad for 2014, the rest still have to prove themself. No less than 21 players have made their international debut in the past 15 months and there hasn't even been a 1st goalkeeper... he has played 5(!) different ones.

The central duo in defense (there are about 6-7 candidates I suppose) are really vulnerable everytime an opponent puts them under pressure. That was also the case in Van Marwijk's teams, but at least Mathijsen and Heitinga had plenty of Primera Division/Bundesliga/Premier League experience and Nigel de Jong/Van Bommel provided an extra (brutal) lock on the door. The current central defenders pretty much all play in the Dutch league and are neither mega-experienced or ultra-talented.

Thanks for the French review, from what little I saw I really liked Pogba. Hadn't seen him before.
I do hope Wenger wins the PL soon. --- edit: wins it again obviously since he has won it a bunch of times back in the day.
Old 11.21.2013, 06:44 PM   #3948
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Michael (Zonal Marking) Cox ranks the clubs qualified for the WC.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...inalists-rated

1) Spain

Spain's reputation has suffered because of their Confederations Cup defeat, their poor record in friendlies and an underwhelming qualification campaign, but in stark contrast to their previous reputation, they now guarantee good performances at major tournaments. They're weaker than 2010 in defence and up front, but Vicente Del Bosque's midfield can still control matches like no one else. MC

2) Brazil

There are still doubts over the defence, particularly the space left behind the full-backs, and coping with the pressure of playing at home in front of an expectant (and perhaps protesting) public will not be easy, but the evidence of the Confederations Cup was that Luiz Felipe Scolari is beginning to shape a team that could lift a sixth title. JW

3) Argentina

After years of trying to ram as much of their attacking talent as possible into the team, Argentina at last have, in Alejandro Sabella, a coach who is clear-sighted and ruthless enough to cull attacking stars and provide a platform for Lionel Messi and then fill in the gaps. JW

4) Germany

Jogi Löw's squad becomes more impressive with every passing year. With attacking midfielders such as Marco Reus, Toni Kroos, Mario Götze, Julian Draxler, Mesut Özil, Lukas Podolski, Thomas Müller and André Schürrle, Löw has experimented without a centre-forward. On paper, Germany have improved at the back, but Sweden scored seven goals against them in two matches. MC

5) Italy

Cesare Prandelli can depend upon fine performances from his Juventus-inspired backline, and from reliable midfielders such as Andrea Pirlo, Daniele De Rossi and Thiago Motta. Up front is the unpredictable area: if Mario Balotelli behaves, Giuseppe Rossi stays clear of injury, Stephan El Shaarawy rediscovers last season's form and Daniel Pablo Osvaldo gets back to his best, Italy are contenders. MC

6) Holland

Louis van Gaal's side have received little attention but a 17-match unbeaten run suggests he has found balance and harmony, not always present in the Dutch squad. Robin van Persie, Wesley Sneijder and Arjen Robben remain key players but youngsters such as Kevin Strootman and Jeremain Lens make this a more typically Dutch side than in 2010. MC

7) Portugal

Only eliminated by eventual winners and fierce rivals Spain in the past two major tournaments, Portugal's situation has become a cliche: a solid defence, a technically impressive midfield, talented wingers but no top-class striker. Paulo Bento's gameplan is about getting the best from Cristiano Ronaldo – in the 3-2 win over Sweden, Hugo Almeida and Nani were essentially permanent decoys. MC

8. Colombia

José Pekerman, the ghosts of Argentina's 2006 exit to Germany not yet laid to rest, has created a fluid and attacking Colombia side based around a dynamic and creative midfield and the profound attacking abilities of Radamel Falcao. With Jackson Martínez, James Rodríguez and Teó Gutiérrez, creativity shouldn't be an issue; the defence is rather more suspect. JW

9. Uruguay

Uruguay have two great assets: the front pairing of Luis Suárez and Edinson Cavani, and the management of Oscar Washington Tabárez. He walks with a stick now and age is catching up with him but el Maestro remains one of the most astute coaches in the world, a master of shutting games down. JW

10. France

The emergence of Paul Pogba and Raphaël Varane, plus late developers such as Mathieu Valbuena, Laurent Koscielny and Olivier Giroud, means Didier Deschamps has a truly excellent squad. But problems with harmony remain and Deschamps has struggled to find a cohesive starting XI. With France likely to be handed a tough draw, success on home soil in 2016 remains more realistic. MC

11. Belgium

That they have an extraordinary generation of players is not is dispute. What is less certain is how they will perform under the pressure of a tournament environment, particularly given the lack of experience of their coach, Marc Wilmots. As such, they remain something of an unknown quantity: they may be very good, but they may not. JW
Old 11.21.2013, 06:44 PM   #3949
demonrail666
invito al cielo

12. Chile

Few nations have such a clear philosophy as Chile, and they are thriving on it. The hard-pressing, dynamic style will make them highly watchable and will unsettle a lot of sides more used to the sedate pace of international football. Alexis Sánchez and Arturo Vidal add a dash of genuine quality to the general energy. JW

13. England

Uncertainty over the goalkeeper, uncertainty over the centre of defence and no goals in their past two games: any feelgood factor over qualification didn't last long. Not since 1982 have England entered a World Cup with fewer expectations, but in Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Jack Wilshere and Ashley Cole there is at least the ghost of a decent side. JW

14. Croatia

There are questions over the back of midfield and the full-back positions, and Mario Mandzukic is likely to be suspended for the first two group games, but this is a Croatia side studded with quality. Had it not been for Igor Stimac's disastrous reign, they may have challenged Belgium for automatic qualification; much depends now on whether Niko Kovac can restore a sense of stability. JW

15. USA

Jürgen Klinsmann has the USA playing some decent football but away defeats against Jamaica, Costa Rica and Honduras suggest the side lack confidence and there hasn't been a significant improvement since the 2010 tournament, when the USA reached the second round. Their progress is heavily dependent upon a good draw. MC

16. Russia

As one Russian columnist put it, after the champagne football of Guus Hiddink's day, Russia are now playing whisky football, based on the earthy qualities of pragmatism and a solid defence. Sergey Ignashevich and Vasily Berezutsky, once the weak spot, have emerged as strengths, and the goalkeeper Igor Akinfeev is hinting he is at last back to form after his broken leg. JW

17. Japan

Few sides have such technically gifted midfielders: Makoto Hasebe and Yasuhito Endo control the centre, while Shinji Kagawa and Keisuke Honda provide creativity. There's also constant overlapping from Yuto Nagatomo and Atusto Uchida, but Japan suffer from a lack of raw quality in both penalty areas – something the clever tactics of the former Serie A title winner Alberto Zaccheroni can't disguise. MC

17. Switzerland

Surprisingly ranked seventh in the world despite falling at the group stage in 2010 and failing to reach Euro 2012, Switzerland have Napoli's Gokhan Inler as their star player. There's also a promising generation emerging – Granit Xhaka, Valentin Stocker, Pajtim Kasami and Xherdan Shaqiri are all highly talented youngsters – but Switzerland are the weakest of the seeded sides. MC

19. Bosnia-Herzegovina

The only debutants at the tournament combine a rich array of attacking talent with defensive flaws. Edin Dzeko is a fine leader of the line and Miralem Pjanic has developed over the past year into a player who can control games from the flank, but a soft centre is likely to hold them back. JW

20. Nigeria

Steven Keshi is a magnificently thick-skinned coach, who has somehow sailed through being unpaid for seven months and having federation members openly plotting against him with his dignity intact. Emmanuel Emenike is a fine, explosive forward and Mikel John Obi enjoys a freer role too that he plays at Chelsea, but politics could still get in the way. JW

21. Ghana

With Asamoah Gyan, Kevin-Prince Boateng and Dede Ayew, Ghana have the players to repeat the quarter-final placing of 2010, but there remains always a question of focus. Too many players have missed too many games on flimsy pretexts to convince that this is a team that has the togetherness and drive to make the most of its talent. JW

22. Ivory Coast

This golden generation has been drinking in last-chance saloon for so long that last orders have been called and they're trying to persuade a bouncer to let them into a mediocre final-hope club. After difficult groups in 2006 and 2010, Didier Drogba and co probably deserve a kinder draw this time, but there is little in Sabri Lamouchi's coaching to inspire confidence. JW
Old 11.21.2013, 06:45 PM   #3950
demonrail666
invito al cielo

23. Mexico

Consistent success at youth level means Mexico should be much stronger – but a run of two victories in 10 qualification matches was nearly fatal. Miguel Herrera, Mexico's fourth coach of 2013 and effectively on loan from Club América, picked a domestic-based squad for the comprehensive play-off victory over New Zealand, but it remains a shambolic situation. MC

24. Ecuador

The death of Chucho Benítez continues to reverberate, and Ecuador showed remarkable mental strength to complete their qualification despite their shock and grief. Antonio Valencia captains from the right side of midfield, while Felipe Caicedo, now at Lokomotiv Moscow, is a rather better forward than he showed at Manchester City. JW

25. Cameroon

If Samuel Eto'o's improvement continues, if Volker Finke really has instilled a togetherness and tactical shape, if there are no disputes over money or bonuses, then perhaps Cameroon could startle the world. But those are three big ifs, and nothing in the history of the last decade suggests all three will be answered positively come June. JW

26. Greece

We've been here before – Greece finished second place in their qualification group after 2-1, 2-0, 1-0, 1-0, 1-0, 1-0, 1-0 and 2-0 victories, although they failed to beat Bosnia, suggesting they'll struggle against genuinely top-class sides. The weakest of the European contingent, Greece are unlikely to celebrate the 10th anniversary of their Euro 2004 triumph in style. MC

27. Australia

There are fewer star names than in previous years, and Australia's world ranking of 57 is somewhat underwhelming considering they were 14th four years ago. But Ange Postecoglou has more authority than Pim Verbeek, having enjoyed great success with Brisbane Roar. MC

28. South Korea

Now coached by legendary former sweeper Hong Myung-bo, who won the Bronze Ball in 2002, South Korea are playing good technical football in a 4-2-3-1 formation. The star man is Bayer Leverkusen's talented attacking midfielder Son Heung-min but it's taken a while for Hong to understand he must build the side around him. MC

29. Costa Rica

Costa Rica may bring some tactical variety to the tournament – Jorge Luis Pinto has played a 5-4-1 formation, which makes Los Ticos difficult to break down. There are decent attacking weapons – with captain Bryan Ruiz joining pacey duo Joel Campbell and Christian Bolaños on the break – but this side lack goals. MC

30. Iran

Iran's manager is more famous than any of their players – Carlos Queiroz had a disappointing experience with Portugal in 2010 but is a fine defensive organiser, and it's no surprise Iran conceded just seven goals in 14 qualification matches. The former Osasuna midfielder Javad Nekounam, the captain, is the star man. MC

31. Honduras

A simple, unspectacular side likely to play in a 4-4-1-1 formation, Honduras have a decent spine featuring some reliable partnerships, while Jerry Bengtson has been banging in the goals throughout qualifying. They also have the benefit of a coach with World Cup experience – Luis Fernando Suárez led Ecuador to the second round in 2006, before losing to England. MC

32. Algeria

After years of playing solid, unadventurous football, Algeria have revealed a more progressive approach under Vahid Halilhodzic, although as the final stage of their play-off victory over Burkina Faso revealed, they remain masters of time-wasting and gamesmanship. Majid Bougherra, tough, committed and occasionally reckless, is a key figure not only as a central defender but as a leader. JW

--
Old 11.22.2013, 01:21 PM   #3951
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i know this is sort of off topic, but i fucking *hate* the US cable industry-- i have to pay for 210 useless channels so that i can watch just 4.

THEFT. MOTHERFUCKERS.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2013, 08:43 AM   #3952
demonrail666
invito al cielo

If West Ham don't get a result against Fulhum next week, it could be time for the board to think about replacing Allardyce. Mixed feelings either way. No obvious candidate to step in but we can't be in the Championship when we move into the Olympic stadium.

EDIT: And AVB under pressure now at Spurs?
Old 11.25.2013, 03:33 PM   #3953
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
I guess right now the most likely midfield for 2014 would look something like this:

Strootman - Sneijder/Van der Vaart - de Guzman/Nigel de Jong

... but other than Strootman it's still anyone's guess really.
Van Gaal has said several times that only Robben, Van Persie and Strootman are guaranteed a place in the squad for 2014, the rest still have to prove themself. No less than 21 players have made their international debut in the past 15 months and there hasn't even been a 1st goalkeeper... he has played 5(!) different ones.

The central duo in defense (there are about 6-7 candidates I suppose) are really vulnerable everytime an opponent puts them under pressure. That was also the case in Van Marwijk's teams, but at least Mathijsen and Heitinga had plenty of Primera Division/Bundesliga/Premier League experience and Nigel de Jong/Van Bommel provided an extra (brutal) lock on the door. The current central defenders pretty much all play in the Dutch league and are neither mega-experienced or ultra-talented.

Thanks for all this, pokkeherrie.
It doesn't look too promising. Let's hope the stars don't clash with one another if things don't turn their way.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2013, 03:41 PM   #3954
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
To demonrail, I agree with the top-10 on that list (except for Frace, meh), but I think US has demonstrated that going into the WC they are better than Croatia and England, though Chile is definitely above us (if anything they should be around 10 if you ask me).. I'd alter that list replace France with Chile and put USA at number 11 above Belgium and their newbies.. Oh yeah, and don't let the hype machinery fool you, Nigeria is bellow Ivory Coast and Ghana for sure, beating an underexperienced and overachieving Ethiopia team to clinch it is hardly a statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i know this is sort of off topic, but i fucking *hate* the US cable industry-- i have to pay for 210 useless channels so that i can watch just 4.

THEFT. MOTHERFUCKERS.

Don't forget that you pay for all these channels, and yet conversely they on average have even MORE advertising saturation than over-the-air free TV

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2013, 03:56 PM   #3955
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Futbol will always be full of shit until they add more referees. it is far to easy to fix matches when only one person on a gigantic field can call penalties.
Old 11.25.2013, 04:19 PM   #3956
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I think you got it backwards, in sports, more refs equals MORE drama and more questionable calls/match-rigging

Old 11.25.2013, 04:31 PM   #3957
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
less refs = more cheating
Old 11.25.2013, 05:17 PM   #3958
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
less refs = more cheating

Do you watch sports or have the Texans totally depressed you? REFS ARE THE BIGGEST CAUSED OF CHEATING!

Old 11.25.2013, 06:44 PM   #3959
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
To demonrail, I agree with the top-10 on that list (except for Frace, meh), but I think US has demonstrated that going into the WC they are better than Croatia and England, though Chile is definitely above us (if anything they should be around 10 if you ask me).. I'd alter that list replace France with Chile and put USA at number 11 above Belgium and their newbies.. Oh yeah, and don't let the hype machinery fool you, Nigeria is bellow Ivory Coast and Ghana for sure, beating an underexperienced and overachieving Ethiopia team to clinch it is hardly a statement

US going into the water closet? Please don't let it be.

Belgium-- they have amazing players you've never heard about, with individually greater talent than Yooessey. show me the american Kompany or Hazard or Koscielny-- there isn't one. They just lost 2 matches in a row, but let's see how they shape up between now and next summer.

EDIT: http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2013/...l-score-result

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Don't forget that you pay for all these channels, and yet conversely they on average have even MORE advertising saturation than over-the-air free TV

oh, i don't pay shit at the moment-- which is why i can't watch, which is why i'm bitter. i'm looking for ways to circumvent the fucking scam and unfortunately "free TV" doesn't offer anything i want to see. plus, it doesn't reach my mountain lair. yes, i said lair.

okay, now please stop talking about other sports here, yes? unless you enjoy trolling and want sweet death (not the literal kind, but still).
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.25.2013, 08:19 PM   #3960
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
US going into the water closet? Please don't let it be.

Belgium-- they have amazing players you've never heard about, with individually greater talent than Yooessey. show me the american Kompany or Hazard or Koscielny-- there isn't one. They just lost 2 matches in a row, but let's see how they shape up between now and next summer.

They're playing good, and yeah, the beat us in that friendly, but looking at their games the past two years I haven't seen them play against too much top-tier talent yet, in American sports' terms, they're feasting on a soft schedule. We'll see what happens in the WC when the competition heats up. Its been twelve years since they qualified, so they've never really been tested to this degree either..
Quote:

okay, now please stop talking about other sports here, yes? unless you enjoy trolling and want sweet death (not the literal kind, but still).

Chicago Bulls' Derrick Rose goes down for the season with knee injury and subsequent surgery. Just like a year and a half ago, the guy is the next glass-kneed Greg Oden

148188195196197 198 199200201208248298 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth