Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page i'm going to save someone's ? life
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.25.2012, 12:23 AM   #81
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
i die with eggs. they KILL me.
i want burgers. and lamb.
sometimes i eat nothing but cereal bars.
they seem so practical.[

i'm not allowed to do hardcore exercise except for like walking or yoga or even tai-chi.
i like walking, that's why i don't drive.
couldn't possibly hit someone anyway.

sounding like gast i suppose.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2012, 12:54 AM   #82
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I am a pretty little girl.

My mouth is,tight.

yes.

Old 02.25.2012, 05:39 AM   #83
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
i die with eggs. they KILL me.
i want burgers. and lamb.
sometimes i eat nothing but cereal bars.
they seem so practical.[

i'm not allowed to do hardcore exercise except for like walking or yoga or even tai-chi.
i like walking, that's why i don't drive.
couldn't possibly hit someone anyway.

sounding like gast i suppose.
maybe you are making a popularity evaluation of me

i think the best way to be like me is to get to know how your radiohead functions

how you look at it
and after that hopefully a succesfull communication will take place
of understanding eachother
gast30 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2012, 09:57 AM   #84
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I just subscribed to this thread with weekly updates by email.

;
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2012, 11:09 AM   #85
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I just subscribed to this thread with weekly updates by email.

;

flottilolli: welcome to yr weekly email update! enjoy readin'!

---

Section references are to the Internal Revenue Code unless otherwise noted.
General Instructions What’s New
Hope credit. The Hope credit is not available for 2011.
Future Developments. The IRS has created a page on IRS.gov for information about Form 8863 and its instructions, at www.irs.gov/form8863. Information about any future developments affecting Form 8863 (such as legislation enacted after we release it) will be posted on that page.
Purpose of Form
Both of these credits have different rules that can affect your eligibility to claim a specific credit. These differences are shown in Table 1 below.
You may be able to take the tuition and fees deduction TIP for you, your spouse, or a dependent, instead of an
education credit. Figure your tax both ways and choose the one that gives you the lower tax. See Form 8917, Tuition and Fees Deduction, and chapter 6 of Pub. 970, Tax Benefits for Education, for more information about the tuition and fees deduction.
Who Can Claim an Education Credit
You may be able to claim an education credit if you, your spouse, or a dependent you claim on your tax return was a student enrolled at or attending an eligible educational institution. The credits are based on the amount of qualified education expenses paid for the student in 2011 for academic periods beginning in 2011 and in the first 3 months of 2012.
Use Form 8863 to figure and claim your education credits, which are based on qualified education expenses paid to an eligible postsecondary educational institution. For 2011, there are two education credits.
Qualified education expenses must be reduced by any expenses paid directly or indirectly using tax-free educational assistance. See Tax-Free Educational
• The American opportunity credit, part of which may be refundable. Complete Parts I, III, and IV. • The lifetime learning credit, which is nonrefundable. Complete Parts II and IV.
!
CAUTION
A refundable credit can give you a refund for any part of the credit that is more than your total tax. A nonrefundable credit can reduce your tax, but any excess is not refunded to you.
Assistance and Refunds of Qualified Education Expenses, later.
Who can claim a dependent’s expenses. If a student is claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax return, only the person who claims the student as a dependent can claim a credit for the student’s qualified education expenses. If a
Table 1. Comparison of Education Credits Caution. You can claim both the American opportunity credit and the lifetime learning credit on the same return—but not for the same student.
American Opportunity Credit
Lifetime Learning Credit
Maximum credit
Up to $2,500 credit per eligible student
Up to $2,000 credit per return
Limit on modified adjusted gross income (MAGI)
$180,000 if married filing jointly; $90,000 if single, head of household, or qualifying widow(er)
$122,000 if married filing jointly; $61,000 if single, head of household, or qualifying widow(er)
Refundable or nonrefundable
40% of credit may be refundable; the rest is nonrefundable
Nonrefundable—credit limited to the amount of tax you must pay on your taxable income
Number of years of postsecondary education
Available ONLY for the first 4 years of postsecondary education
Available for all years of postsecondary education and for courses to acquire or improve job skills
Number of tax years credit available
Available ONLY for 4 tax years per eligible student (including any year(s) Hope credit was claimed)
Available for an unlimited number of years
Type of degree required
Student must be pursuing a degree or other recognized education credential
Student does not need to be pursuing a degree or other recognized education credential
Number of courses
Student must be enrolled at least half time for at least one academic period beginning during the year
Available for one or more courses
Felony drug conviction
As of the end of 2011, the student had not been convicted of a felony for possessing or distributing a controlled substance
Felony drug convictions are permitted
Qualified expenses
Tuition, required enrollment fees, and course materials that the student needs for a course of study whether or not the materials are bought at the educational institution as a condition of enrollment or attendance
Tuition and required enrollment fees (including amounts required to be paid to the institution for course-related books, supplies, and equipment)
Payments for academic periods
Payments made in 2011 for academic periods beginning in 2011 or beginning in the first 3 months of 2012
Jan 01, 2012 Cat. No. 53002G
student is not claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax return, only the student can claim a credit.
Generally, qualified education expenses paid on behalf of the student by someone other than the student (such as a relative) are treated as paid by the student. However, qualified education expenses paid (or treated as paid) by a student who is claimed as a dependent on your tax return are treated as paid by you. Therefore, you are treated as having paid expenses that were paid from your dependent student’s earnings, gifts, inheritances, savings, etc. For more information and an example, see Who Can Claim a Dependent’s Expenses in Pub. 970, chapter 2 or 3.
Who cannot claim a credit. You cannot take an education credit if any of the following apply.
1. You are claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax return, such as your parent’s return.
2. Your filing status is married filing separately. 3. You (or your spouse) were a nonresident alien for any part
of 2011 and did not elect to be treated as a resident alien for
tax purposes. 4. Your modified adjusted gross income (MAGI) is one of the
following. a. American opportunity credit: $180,000 or more if married
filing jointly, or $90,000 or more if single, head of
household, or qualifying widow(er). b. Lifetime learning credit: $122,000 or more if married filing
jointly, or $61,000 or more if single, head of household, or qualifying widow(er).
There are a number of factors, such as your filing status, TIP your MAGI, and whether you are subject to the
alternative minimum tax, that will affect the amount of any education credit you are eligible to claim. When you figure your taxes, you may want to compare the different education credits in order to choose the method(s) that gives you the lowest tax liability. If you qualify, you may find that a combination of credits and other education benefits gives you the lowest tax. See Pub. 970 for information on other benefits.
Qualified Education Expenses
Generally, qualified education expenses are amounts paid in 2011 for tuition and fees required for the student’s enrollment or attendance at an eligible educational institution. It does not matter whether the expenses were paid in cash, by check, by credit or debit card, or with borrowed funds.
Only certain expenses for course-related books, supplies, and equipment qualify. • American opportunity credit: Qualified education expenses include amounts spent on books, supplies, and equipment needed for a course of study, whether or not the materials are purchased from the educational institution as a condition of enrollment or attendance. • Lifetime learning credit: Qualified education expenses include only amounts for books, supplies, and equipment required to be paid to the institution as a condition of enrollment or attendance.
Qualified education expenses for either credit do not include amounts paid for: • Room and board, insurance, medical expenses (including student health fees), transportation, or other similar personal, living, or family expenses. • Any course or other education involving sports, games, or hobbies, or any noncredit course, unless such course or other education is part of the student’s degree program or (for the lifetime learning credit only) helps the student acquire or improve job skills. • Nonacademic fees, such as student activity fees, athletic fees, insurance expenses, or other expenses unrelated to the academic course of instruction.
You should receive Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement, from the college or university reporting either payments received in
2011 (box 1) or amounts billed in 2011 (box 2). However, the amount in box 1 or 2 of Form 1098-T may be different from what you actually paid. On Form 8863, lines 1 and 3, enter only the amounts you paid in 2011 for qualified expenses (reduced, if necessary, by tax-free education assistance and refunds, as described later). See chapters 2 and 3 of Pub. 970 for more information on Form 1098-T.
If you or the student takes a deduction for higher education expenses, such as on Schedule A or Schedule C (Form 1040), you cannot use those same expenses in your qualified education expenses when figuring your education credits.
-2-
Instructions for Form 8863 (2011)
!
CAUTION
Any qualified expenses used to figure the education credits cannot be taken into account in determining the amount of a distribution from a Coverdell ESA or a
qualified tuition program (section 529 plan) that is excluded from gross income. See Pub. 970, chapters 7 and 8, for more information.
Prepaid Expenses
Qualified education expenses paid in 2011 for an academic period that begins in the first 3 months of 2012 can be used only in figuring your 2011 education credits. For example, if you pay $2,000 in December 2011 for qualified tuition for the 2012 winter quarter that begins in January 2012, you can use that $2,000 in figuring your 2011 education credits (if you meet all the other requirements).
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2012, 11:45 AM   #86
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gast30
maybe you are making a popularity evaluation of me

i think the best way to be like me is to get to know how your radiohead functions

how you look at it
and after that hopefully a succesfull communication will take place
of understanding eachother

don't worry i'm fine with it.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth