Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Philadelphia show
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.14.2006, 11:12 PM   #1
mrpharmacist
empty page

mrpharmacist has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Thanks to Sonic Youth for rocking Philadelphia.
The majority of the songs were from Rather Ripped and sounded great.
Shaking Hell was an awesome surprise during the first encore.
They were surprisingly tight for being only the second show, and I really hope a soundboard recording pops up.
mrpharmacist is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 11:16 PM   #2
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Hey man, what else did they play other than Shaking Hell???
Old 06.14.2006, 11:41 PM   #3
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, can you fill us in on the whole setlist please?
mushmanski57@hotmail.com is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 11:47 PM   #4
Chaffie
empty page

Chaffie is a jewel in the roughChaffie is a jewel in the roughChaffie is a jewel in the rough
A buddy of mine went and said besides the new stuff they played Pattern Recognition and PCH.

Chaffie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 12:47 AM   #5
baltimorestreets
empty page

baltimorestreets ain't too shabby
I must know....how NOISY have the two shows for this tour been? Do they still close with ~20 minutes of pedal-induced chaos? The Rather Ripped songs aren't very noisy on record, but is it more prominent live?

Please respond as soon as possible if you can.
baltimorestreets is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 01:30 AM   #6
mineral
empty page

mineral has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by baltimorestreets
I must know....how NOISY have the two shows for this tour been? Do they still close with ~20 minutes of pedal-induced chaos? The Rather Ripped songs aren't very noisy on record, but is it more prominent live?

Please respond as soon as possible if you can.

I just came back from the show...damn! NOISY AS HELL! Thurston's tone sounds spectacular. There were all sorts of crazy extended jams and feedback sessions. I was in the front row while Thurston grinded against all of us. He is fuckin insane.

The above poster is correct, the whole setlist is basically Rather Ripped with Shaking Hell and PCH. I also took a setlist off the stage. They originally planned to end with Expressway?? But played the last song off the new album..everyone was kind of dissapointed about that.
mineral is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth