Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Peace Out Iraq: Final US Combat Brigade Leaves Iraq...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.22.2010, 11:34 AM   #61
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
They kicked your ass. That's why after ten years of trying to defeat the Vietcong by throwing everything but nuclear weapons at them you buggered off with your tail between your legs.

The reason we left Vietnam when we did was because the beloved corrupt President Richard Nixon was in danger of loosing the election to peace loving George McGovern. McGovern's platform for election was that he would end the war. As the election grew near and McGovern's poll number's jump, Nixon panic switched his position and started the peace talk. Signed in Paris in 73 and the final 10 Marine left in 75. The famous helicopter evacuation that you feel is us leaving with our tails between our legs.
Old 08.22.2010, 11:50 AM   #62
DaveCromwell
bad moon rising

DaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's assesDaveCromwell kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Good or bad, America isn't a place to fuck with. We won't be for a long time. I just hate that greed has forced us to sometimes be bullies. Whatever, I for one still love this place.

This sums up my feelings as well.
DaveCromwell is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2010, 01:42 PM   #63
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2010, 05:26 PM   #64
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
THERE IS NOTHING BEAUTIFULL OF A WAR

it makes me angry and unpatient

what happend there is indescribable

the warpschose of those people who want to make war
is the problem

and i know that war drives people crazy

i think everyone needs to help to make things better
in a slow positive way out of war

i believe that can be done
gast30 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2010, 06:13 PM   #65
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
you have the unhealty pressure
that goes away when surroundings change

i see the problem also in other wars

some say it's a fear of modernity
i don't that

at is a situation of a long during war
where there was no way for peacefull people to build something

and sychronize with other peacefull people in the world
gast30 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2010, 02:38 PM   #66
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
War is just another way of making money for the Rich. You know that 1% that get people elected, that funded all the different Lobbies in Washington.
Old 08.27.2010, 01:51 PM   #67
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
the US is still well entrenched in Iraq.

Uncle Sam still effectively occupies Iraq, still rules the roost there. They gesture at 50,000 US troops in 94 military bases, "advising" and training the Iraqi army, "providing security" and carrying out "counter-terrorism" missions. Outside US government forces there is what Jeremy Scahill calls the "coming surge" of contractors in Iraq , swelling up from the present 100,000. Hillary Clinton wants to increase the number of military contractors working for the state department alone from 2,700 to 7,000. Of these contractors 11,000 are armed mercenaries, mostly "third country nationals, typically from the developing world. “The advantage of an outsourced occupation,” Milne writes, “ is clearly that someone other than US soldiers can do the dying to maintain control of Iraq.
http://www.counterpunch.org/
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2010, 03:01 PM   #68
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

In the article they state how MLK and his folks were giving JFK a lot of flack about his stance on civil right basically dragging his feet. JFK's from Boston
there's that hidden prejudice that runs rampart here in the North. my my my

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth