Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page so, umm, Bull in the Heather
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.14.2006, 06:19 PM   #21
Laila
the end of the ugly

Laila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's asses
ok so betting on the bull means betting on a horse. but what the hell does in the heather mean? heather? what the hell is that?

PM me please

Facebook- Laila Virani

Laila is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 06:21 PM   #22
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
heather is meadow

some say the bull is a cock

some say the heather is an asshole

some say i am an asshole

some feed a horse a banana

in the video a horserace is shown. horses also figure into the cd artwork & one can literally bet on a horse named "The Bull in the Heather", but the lyrics are poetry, so they can be intrepreted on many levels

specifically, what is heather?

meadow is heather

the bull in the pasture

plowin' the back forty
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 08:06 PM   #23
Joey
little trouble girl

Joey is just really niceJoey is just really niceJoey is just really niceJoey is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitLoop
hmmm, also, isn't it one of the songs where Steve uses a maracas (spelling???) in lieu of a drumstick? I think he does it in the video, but I haven't seen it for a loooong time.

Yes he uses the shaker as a drum stick.

I love it when he does that.

-Joey

Real men don't take busses, they walk really fast. When asked why they don't just take a bus, they can't reply, because they are walking so fast.

Joey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 12:36 AM   #24
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitLoop
hmmm, also, isn't it one of the songs where Steve uses a maracas (spelling???) in lieu of a drumstick? I think he does it in the video, but I haven't seen it for a loooong time.
yeah, "little shaker" is idiot language for maraca
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 04:50 AM   #25
candymoan
the end of the ugly

candymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's asses
the song is about sex..
check the lyrics..
i thought it was pretty obvious, as "bull" is a very potent symbol...

10, 20, 30, 40
Tell me that you wanna hold me
Tell me that you wanna bore me
Tell me that you gotta show me
Tell me that you need to slowly
Tell me that yr burning for me
Tell me that you cant afford me
Time to tell yr dirty story
Time fr turning over and over
Time fr turning four leaf clover

Betting on the bull in the heather

10, 20, 30, 40
Tell me that you wanna scold me
Tell me that you a-dore me
Tell me that youre famous for me
Tell me that yr gonna score me
Tell me that you gotta show me
Tell me that you need to sorely
Time to tell yr love story
Time fr turning over and over
Time fr turning four leaf clover
Betting on the bull in the heather

*/**
nothing here...

candymoan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2009, 09:33 PM   #26
heathbull
empty page

heathbull has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_yr_evol_sister
yeh, what does the phrase "betting on the bull in the heather" actually mean? i have some ideas but i wasn't sure, so i thot i'd ask you guys.
maybe she's talking about a tryst with a woman that made her realize the value in a mature relationship.
heathbull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2009, 10:19 PM   #27
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
The TRUE meaning of Bull In The Heather

10, 20, 30, 40 (you gotta have "stayin' power" as Barry White sang)
tell me that you wanna hold me (Kim wants me to hold her)
tell me that you wanna bore me (She wants me to drill deep ifyaknowwhatimean)
tell me that you gotta show me (she knows I can't keep Big Red in my pants)
tell me that you need to slowly (she knows I am gonna take my time to savor it)
tell me that yr burning for me (Big Red does get quite hot)
tell me that you can't afford me (She's so out of my league but she wants me so bad)
time to tell yr dirty story (she likes when I describe how I fucked her th last time)
time f'r turning over and over (then we get to rollin in the sheets)
time f'r turning four leaf clover (refers to a tantric position she likes to do with me involving a 69 position and contorted legs.)

betting on the bull in the heather (all her o'gasm chips are laid down on Big Red)

10, 20, 30, 40 (she's referring to hard poundin minutes)
tell me that you wanna scold me (she likes when I spank her hard, makes mer come to feel so degraded )
tell me that you a-dore me (she also likes sweet nothin's in her ear AFTER the spankings.)
tell me that you're famous for me (she normally hates fanboy shit but...)
tell me that yr gonna score me (top prize)
tell me that you gotta show me (again, can't keep it in my pants around her.)
tell me that you need to sorely (yeah, I got blue balls baby)
time to tell yr love story (she is my rock goddess)
time f'r turning over and over
time f'r turning four leaf clover
betting on the bull in the heather
Old 06.02.2009, 10:52 PM   #28
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
here is my take...

a delicious wordplay

Bull can obviously can mean an animal or a 'bull market'. Merrill Lynch's logo is a bull and I believe they are out of New York...

http://www.adversityuniversityblog.c...y-travis-s.jpg

Heather is the plant which is quite common around this time of year.
http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=95251&rendTypeId=4

So a bull in the Heather is an aggressive animal waiting to pounce.

The second meaning is presumably related to American hyperized sexual roles. Whether it be quartback and cheerleader roles, or banker and submissive roles. 'Betting' on the bull in the heather seems to acknowledge the inevitably of these two forces colliding. The phrase also seems to infer that there isn't much more to these people than the roles they play.

Heather is obvioulsy a name for a girl. The whole phrase is even more amzing when you see an animal lurking in the wilds. It gives the phrase a greater meaning...

You don't need and incredible imagination to know what 'in' means
Old 06.03.2009, 02:17 AM   #29
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Bob Nastanovich of Pavement is/was a big horse bettor- anyway, cut a long story short, he gave Kim a bumper sticker for a horse named Bull In The Heather that had been racing in the Kentucky Derby. Or something like that. It was just the name of a horse. The bumper sticker can be seen within the single art.

See? Y'all are reading far too deep into this shit.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2009, 02:31 AM   #30
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
where the fuck is atari 2600 anyway

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2009, 08:39 AM   #31
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the name may have been about the horse, but the song is about ballsdeep copulations
Old 12.11.2015, 02:33 PM   #32
timewizard
empty page

timewizard has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I always thought this track was about oxycontin (10mg, 20mg, 30mg, 40mg etc.)

"Tell me that you wanna score me"
"Tell me that you can't afford me"
"Time fr turning over and over"
timewizard is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth