Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page I don't know anyone would be interested in this.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.15.2009, 10:10 AM   #21
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I want to listen to them. Also. As well.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2009, 10:13 AM   #22
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
where's the goddamn tunes man???????

If you are gonna make music and put it out PUT IT OUT, don;t worry bout what reactions you get.

let's hear this thang!
Old 12.15.2009, 10:15 AM   #23
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
thanks for the laughs
Old 12.15.2009, 11:33 AM   #24
auto-aim
the destroyed room

auto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's asses
ah haha - but it is invite only! A special club. But really, it's just because they're work in progress and I don't want to whip it out, so to speak, onto nowhere for everyone to shit on or ignore. I don't care if I don't like what people think, but I don't expect much response so thought it would be better PM'ing one or two people the link who might actually be interested. Speaking of which - if you've expressed any interest I'll send a link your way now.

His Naked Torso
auto-aim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2009, 11:46 AM   #25
auto-aim
the destroyed room

auto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's asses
oh, also Glice - It was recorded live and that bit is improvised (if it can be called that). I forgot to mention that in my message.

His Naked Torso
Old 12.16.2009, 11:59 PM   #26
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
these recordings are cool so i would recommend asking him for the link!
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2009, 12:15 AM   #27
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I'd be down for sampling it and give you some feedback, feel free to PM me the link
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2009, 01:57 AM   #28
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
what? what's the problem with glice saying he only trust the opinion of a few people on here and stating that as something for music he made and recommending that someone else seeks the opinion of said people.

i think you may have just misread some things in glice's original post wellcharge.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2009, 03:43 PM   #29
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
This stuff is balling auto-aim! Just listened to Drone is None. After listening to some Blind Idiot God this works perfectly after it. Right before the really harsher parts it would be cool to hear a calamity in the instrumentation or a buildup. In two cats having a fight maybe try a little bit higher levels on the vocals. But really, this is jammin'
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2009, 07:58 PM   #30
auto-aim
the destroyed room

thanks hypertonic and inhuman! Personally, yeah, I want to head back (probably not til the new year) and re-do/consider the vocals and also just mess around some more with the mixes on all but about two of the songs. The vocals were the last thing done and a bit rushed at the end of the session, so all like first takes. A couple were semi-improvised and you know that kind of thing... Maybe go back and record a couple more songs with it too.

I'd like to be able to release it in some capacity - and certainly if theres some interest and if this is some kind of litmus test I might feel more er - i dunno - motivated. that's not to say i don't expect it to do anything other than just be. Or those are the right reasons for doing something. The band unit is a little dilapidated at the current time also - so i'm not sure whats going to happen - in terms of members, maybe renaming, re-jigging. I've got a couple of ideas - one would be to release it as a film with a physical copy as well. I know there's a couple people even here who are into filmic stuff like atsonicpark and it might be cool to get other people involved if they were interested.

So yeah, I'm just a bit insecure at the moment. I know what I'm doing, i think, but also having some other perspectives on it is important to me. And again, for that, thanks!

His Naked Torso
Old 12.18.2009, 01:43 PM   #31
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
I want to hear this
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.18.2009, 02:16 PM   #32
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
you should. this shit is great.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2009, 09:02 AM   #33
auto-aim
the destroyed room

has everybody had a chance to listen to this? I'm thinkng to pull it down shortly.

His Naked Torso
Old 12.21.2009, 09:45 AM   #34
chrome noise tape
the end of the ugly

chrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-aim
oh, also Glice - It was recorded live and that bit is improvised (if it can be called that). I forgot to mention that in my message.

improvisation is always work in progress so don't be afraid to show to the world your way of expression...just PUT IT OUT! fuck elitism !
chrome noise tape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2009, 09:57 AM   #35
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Improvisation is a broad church. I'm of the opinion that that church is at its weakest when it's treated as 'work in progress'. Which isn't a sleight on Herr Aim's work, just a comment on the nature of improvisation. In the case of this work, I think it's good, but if Herr Aim isn't happy, it's probably worth waiting until he is happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2009, 10:56 AM   #36
chrome noise tape
the end of the ugly

chrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asses
in my opinion i don't think "work in progress" for improvisation it's a weakest point, if your way of music is improvisation, it's hard to know even for the musician when he is happy with his work that depends of many things (even the mood of the player can have a huge influence on the music he's playing )

well you always can say if he plays the same music in another way, the theme it's not same, so will be another thing, in that way he's really improvised. ( i understand your point of view but my english it's not good enough to explain exactly my point )
chrome noise tape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2009, 06:02 PM   #37
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
That's cool. I get a bit defensive on this point just because I'm mainly an improviser. I play improv in a few ways, but the stuff that's most gratifying is the stuff that's good (to my ears) without needing anything added or taken away, that couldn't be repeated. Which is very difficult, but amazing when it happens. However, there are as many ways of improvising as there are people - I'm kind of fascinated with how classical players 'improvise' to written solo material, but that's a very different thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth