Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Isis
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.02.2007, 05:00 PM   #1
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
i'm seeing them in Spokane tonight.

a friend of mine saw them in Lawrence, KS, a few nights ago has told me that it was one of the best concert experiences of his life; now, he was stoned out of his mind at the time, so i don't know if it'll be the same for me (i don't have any weed).

has anyone else seen them on this tour? or is anyone else going to?
Old 04.02.2007, 05:05 PM   #3
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
same here, if they won't come to italy i'll be pretty pissed....i'll check their site right now...
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2007, 05:36 PM   #4
ondskan
children of satan

ondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's assesondskan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i fucking wish!!!

Word man, word.
ondskan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.02.2007, 11:03 PM   #5
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
they were really really boring when I saw them. It was like it was building and building to this peak but never got there.
Old 04.03.2007, 02:42 AM   #6
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
that was fucking excellent. my friends and i had to stand back away to hear properly but it was still awesome. there was hardly anybody there (not all too surprising considering it's a Monday in Spokane, WA).

Zozobra and Jesu opened. Zozobra wasn't all that great in my opinion, but they weren't bad (my friends disagree). Jesu was pretty cool.
Old 04.03.2007, 07:15 AM   #7
FREDDY!LUNDBERG!
empty page

FREDDY!LUNDBERG! is a jewel in the roughFREDDY!LUNDBERG! is a jewel in the roughFREDDY!LUNDBERG! is a jewel in the rough
I missed them play here with Jesu. My friends suck.
FREDDY!LUNDBERG! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2007, 10:59 AM   #8
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by youthoftomorrow

Zozobra and Jesu opened. Zozobra wasn't all that great in my opinion, but they weren't bad (my friends disagree). Jesu was pretty cool.

the zozobra album is really great.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2007, 11:06 AM   #9
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Isis fall into the "great music, shit vocals" category for me. It pisses me off no end when I'm listening to some great music, and this awful singing comes in and ruins it.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2007, 12:45 PM   #10
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Actually on their last record his singing is almost melodic on most tracks...
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2007, 03:11 PM   #11
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
the zozobra album is really great.

i figured that would be the case. we were right up front for their whole set and could barely hear anything aside from the guitars. i had to piss at one point and went to the restroom; inside it, i could here everything almost perfectly mixed, like an album. it was better than i initially thought it was (although i'm not a huge fan of the vocals).
Old 04.03.2007, 03:28 PM   #12
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
The people on the Southern Lord forum think Isis are Nigel metal.
The people on the Southern Lord forum are wrong.
Old 04.03.2007, 05:21 PM   #13
el duderino
bad moon rising

el duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's asses
I saw Isis recently here in New Zealand with Jacob - was definitely one of the better internationals I've ever seen. The setlist was very biased towards Absence of Truth, which is to be expected, but they only played 2 of Panopticon (one in the encore) and 2 of Oceanic, and none of Celestial or the Ep's (bummer). All in all I had a ball tho, and to top it off after the show the keyboardist/guitarist walked all the way across the room to compliment me on my Sonic Youth 'Sister' shirt! I felt very special!
el duderino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2007, 05:33 PM   #14
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by el duderino
I saw Isis recently here in New Zealand with Jacob - was definitely one of the better internationals I've ever seen. The setlist was very biased towards Absence of Truth, which is to be expected, but they only played 2 of Panopticon (one in the encore) and 2 of Oceanic, and none of Celestial or the Ep's (bummer). All in all I had a ball tho, and to top it off after the show the keyboardist/guitarist walked all the way across the room to compliment me on my Sonic Youth 'Sister' shirt! I felt very special!

we were a little angry that they didn't do an encore.

and he didn't compliment me on my SY shirt.
Old 04.03.2007, 05:45 PM   #15
el duderino
bad moon rising

el duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's asses
I think the only reason they did an encore for us was because EVERYONE was calling out for 'So Did We', so they finally caved in and played it
el duderino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2007, 10:15 PM   #16
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

dammit. that was the one song i wanted them to play. and they didn't. the bastards.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth