Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page absolute best Gamecube games?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.11.2009, 11:12 PM   #61
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
DC was alright, but I really don't get into the praise that most of the retro kids do. I had fun with it for a while. But it was never this great console to me.

Not to turn this into a Dreamcast thread but there are many reasons retro kids praise it:

1. It had better graphics than the ps2
2. It twice as many controller ports than the ps2
3. It was the ONLY home gaming console aside from the Neo Geo that was truly like having an arcade hooked up to your tv. ( Most of the games were direct arcade ports and graphically it perfectly emulated the smooth 3D fluidity of the actual arcade machines from which they were ported. This was a big deal after sega's previous letdowns like the 32X which had " Equal to & Better than the arcades " stamped on it's box )
4. It was the first home game machine with online access, and it's built in modem can be replaced with a network card and hooked up to to the internet, or to a LAN or WAN
5. The games were, and are, in a word, " THE BEST " ( ok two words )

The Resident Evil Code Veronica Games
Phantasy Star online
Sonic Adventure 1 and 2
Ecco the Dolphin
Skies of Arcadia
Blue Stinger
Dynamite Cop!
Gauntlet Legends
Soul Calibur
Spawn
Cannon Spike

And perhaps the greatest multiplayer free for all game ever

Powerstone 2

(Yes I am a nerd)
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2009, 11:16 PM   #62
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
BUUUUUT!!!! PS2 is whey better.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.11.2009, 11:18 PM   #63
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
BUt serisously...I had a GC....it was alright. I think people praise it alot more just because it isn't around....I mean the controller looks almost as retarded as teh N64 controller. And I'm sorry but I don't think I can agree with 80% of the games you listed there.
Old 05.11.2009, 11:37 PM   #64
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
BUUUUUT!!!! PS2 is whey better.

Ahhh.... sorry. That is incorrect.
Old 05.11.2009, 11:46 PM   #65
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
Not to turn this into a Dreamcast thread but there are many reasons retro kids praise it:

1. It had better graphics than the ps2
2. It twice as many controller ports than the ps2
3. It was the ONLY home gaming console aside from the Neo Geo that was truly like having an arcade hooked up to your tv. ( Most of the games were direct arcade ports and graphically it perfectly emulated the smooth 3D fluidity of the actual arcade machines from which they were ported. This was a big deal after sega's previous letdowns like the 32X which had " Equal to & Better than the arcades " stamped on it's box )
4. It was the first home game machine with online access, and it's built in modem can be replaced with a network card and hooked up to to the internet, or to a LAN or WAN
5. The games were, and are, in a word, " THE BEST " ( ok two words )

The Resident Evil Code Veronica Games
Soul Calibur online
Sonic Adventure 1 and 2
Ecco the Dolphin
Skies of Arcadia
Blue Stinger
Dynamite Cop!
Gauntlet Legends
Soul Calibur
Spawn
Cannon Spike

And perhaps the greatest multiplayer free for all game ever

Powerstone 2

(Yes I am a nerd)

Quoted for truth

Sega made the best consoles ever (32X notwithstanding) and one day they'll make them again.

DOWN WITH SONY AND MICROSOFT!!!!! Nintendo are OK because they were founded upon gaming (started off making playing cards).

NO MORE NON-GAME FOUNDED COMPANIES MAKING CONSOLES!!!!!!
Old 05.11.2009, 11:55 PM   #66
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Ithink I'm going to bake some cupcakes for my friend when I get home, so I can spend a day playing ALL of his consoles.
you people.
Old 05.11.2009, 11:58 PM   #67
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
^ all people should be that lucky.
Old 05.12.2009, 12:09 AM   #68
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
me or him?
Old 05.12.2009, 12:10 AM   #69
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Him. Cupcakes.
Old 05.12.2009, 12:18 AM   #70
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
Sega made the best consoles ever (32X notwithstanding)

The 32X had huge potential. Playing games like Stellar Assault make me wish it had lived up to what it could have been.

Old 05.12.2009, 02:30 AM   #71
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
I just started playing Melee again after a year or two. I like it so much more than Brawl. I'm trying to get the Ice Climbers over 1000 KOs in VS Mode.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2009, 02:35 AM   #72
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death & the Maiden
I just started playing Melee again after a year or two. I like it so much more than Brawl. I'm trying to get the Ice Climbers over 1000 KOs in VS Mode.

Brawl is only a little bit suckier than Melee and Melee is a little bit suckier than the original. But they all so awesome.
Old 05.12.2009, 04:18 AM   #73
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

I don't know. Brawl is the best Smash Bros game I've played so far. I am undefeated as Kirby
Old 05.12.2009, 04:50 AM   #74
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

jimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe11121
^ It works on Super Smash Brothers Brawl. I use the GC controller. I don't know if you can use the GC controller for all Wii games though.

You can use the it for Mario Kart and a couple of others I think.
The nunchuck controls work brilliantly for Mario Galaxy and Okami , I would prefer using them over the GC controller.
jimbrim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2009, 04:53 AM   #75
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbrim
You can use the it for Mario Kart and a couple of others I think.
The nunchuck controls work brilliantly for Mario Galaxy and Okami , I would prefer using them over the GC controller.

The remote and the nunchuck does indeed work brilliantly for Mario Galaxy. Swimming is a little tricky, but it seems to work perfectly for that game, which in my opinion is the best game on the wii
Old 05.12.2009, 04:55 AM   #76
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

jimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
but it seems to work perfectly for that game, which in my opinion is the best game on the wii

Defiently, it was Mario 64 all over again for me.
jimbrim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2009, 06:00 AM   #77
summer
stalker

summer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard sucka
Next game I am going to pick up for the Wii is Super Paper Mario.. if it is half as funny as the other two, I'm sold. Mario games are great to put a smile on your face.

summer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.12.2009, 09:23 AM   #78
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Yeah, but I'm 99% sure you can't use that for Wii games. Playing a FPS or RPG with the nunchuck thing is awkward. The GC controller works great for the Virtual Console stuff.

the GC controller works for wii mario kart
Old 05.12.2009, 11:51 AM   #79
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Like I said, I had a Dreamcast. I just didn't get into as much as PS2, Gamecube and so on.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth