Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Nurse Appreciation Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.05.2006, 01:33 PM   #41
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Richard Prince. I was actually just looking him up.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2006, 01:34 PM   #42
foldback
bad moon rising

foldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to all
Richard Prince:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nurse_Paintings
foldback is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2006, 01:38 PM   #43
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
the one i like is "surfing nurse"

http://www.richardprinceart.com/nursepaintings.html

all of the nurse paintings can be viewed there if you're interested.
Old 08.05.2006, 01:40 PM   #44
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Awesome. I like the Graduate and Dude Ranch ones. Surfing is pretty good, too.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2006, 02:25 PM   #45
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
ohhh
those are all beautiful
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2006, 02:46 PM   #46
lovesonicevol
children of satan

lovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud oflovesonicevol has much to be proud of
Damn. I would love to buy one of those paintings.

lovesonicevol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2006, 04:06 PM   #47
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
I do really love this album. first time i listen to it, it blew me away. Dripping Dream and I love you golden blue still send shivers down my spine! absolutely subversively beautiful!
Old 08.05.2006, 09:18 PM   #48
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Amazing, sonic love all around... Pattern Recognition; by the way; has got to be one of the most amazing songs ever written. Every note and beat coalesces into a shifitng, moody, uptempo spiral that pounds relentlessly. The bridge where only the drums and the guitar play, is a massive, throbbing richly-detailed, precision rock viscerality poem. Stupendously superlative rock. You're the one!
Old 08.05.2006, 09:23 PM   #49
against_the_grain
stalker

against_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard sucka
Ooops....I thought I was in the A Thousand Leaves thread...

Sonic Nurse rocks !!

whole thing's killer.

Do not fear mistakes. There are none

Miles Davis
against_the_grain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2006, 09:36 PM   #50
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
the one i like is "surfing nurse"

http://www.richardprinceart.com/nursepaintings.html

all of the nurse paintings can be viewed there if you're interested.

"Surfing Nurse" is used as the back cover for Sonic Nurse, Cantankerous. I've used the nurse paintings as covers for disc cases.

I've dropped this richardprinceart link a few times at the old board & posted pics, so I was familiar with the link & am still interested in the paintings. If one thinks about it, the only figuration that looks right when painted on top of a non-objective abstraction, is the figure of a woman. So, Prince took this concept & refined it to something very classy & conservative on one level but also with lots of associated connotations that included the same sensual element that one finds in female nudes. The paintings are brilliant and the best work he ever did.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2006, 01:32 AM   #51
lisayoung
little trouble girl

lisayoung has much to be proud oflisayoung has much to be proud oflisayoung has much to be proud oflisayoung has much to be proud oflisayoung has much to be proud oflisayoung has much to be proud oflisayoung has much to be proud oflisayoung has much to be proud of
i think its the best one after 1000 leaves.
well,i get many songs to love.
crazy
i love itttttttttttttttttttttttt
Old 08.06.2006, 01:33 AM   #52
lisayoung
little trouble girl

lisayoung has much to be proud oflisayoung has much to be proud oflisayoung has much to be proud oflisayoung has much to be proud oflisayoung has much to be proud oflisayoung has much to be proud oflisayoung has much to be proud oflisayoung has much to be proud of
love "stones"
Old 08.06.2006, 04:00 AM   #53
lunberg
bad moon rising

lunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to behold
I was looking for the front cover painting to use it as wallpaper, but I can't find the right size. Did anyone come across it somewhere ?
lunberg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2006, 07:46 PM   #54
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
Can't say I have this album yet, it's one of the two full length SY releases I don't own (the other being NYC Ghosts & Flowers). I know Pattern Recogniton, Unmade Bed, Stones and Paper Cup Exit though, all of which are really amazing. I'll pick it up one day.
mushmanski57@hotmail.com is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2006, 07:47 PM   #55
foldback
bad moon rising

foldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to allfoldback is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushmanski57@hotmail.com
Can't say I have this album yet, it's one of the two full length SY releases I don't own (the other being NYC Ghosts & Flowers). I know Pattern Recogniton, Unmade Bed, Stones and Paper Cup Exit though, all of which are really amazing. I'll pick it up one day.
That day should be yesterday

Seriously though, put this at the top of your Amazon wishlist or whatever. It's beyond excellent.
foldback is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2006, 08:00 PM   #56
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I plan to pick it up soon. I may very well have it before the end of the week, since I'm out of town and in a bigger city, where the CD selection is generally wider and cheaper, and I tend to spend a lot more money on CD's.
mushmanski57@hotmail.com is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2006, 09:36 PM   #57
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertonic
I was just gonna ask if that one was comissioned for the album or if it existed beforehand. Sonic Nurse totally blew me away when i heard it and the tour was simply amazing.... going from Hair Police/Wolf Eyes into sonic bliss was an amazing use of dynamics...

Setlist @ the Blue Note, Columbia Mo

I Love You Golden Blue
Rain on Tin
Pattern Recognition
Unmade Bed
Paper Cup Exit
Mariah Carey and the Arthur Doyle Hand Cream
Stones
Schizophrenia
Mote
New Hampshire
Dude Ranch Nurse
Kool Thing
--
Plastic Sun
Sugar Kane
--
Teen Age Riot
That's wonderful... Is it in the sonic sharing section, by any chance?
Old 08.10.2006, 07:32 AM   #58
Androol
the destroyed room

Androol kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's assesAndrool kicks all y'all's asses
Dude Ranch Nurse is now one of my top ten Kim songs. it is so amazing on so many levels.
Androol is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.14.2009, 09:49 PM   #59
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
i just re-discovered this album. it's fucking amazing. the guitar interplay between jim, t and lee is completely beautiful. i can't believe they made it. this is really sophisticated stuff. i don't think Sonic Youth could ever reach to this level again without Jim O'rourke

i'm fucking psyched it's getting warmer out. sonic nurse is definitely a summer album
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.15.2009, 05:02 AM   #60
Theremin
little trouble girl

Theremin cold hard suckaTheremin cold hard suckaTheremin cold hard suckaTheremin cold hard suckaTheremin cold hard suckaTheremin cold hard suckaTheremin cold hard suckaTheremin cold hard suckaTheremin cold hard suckaTheremin cold hard suckaTheremin cold hard sucka
It's really good, isn't it? I think the 'best release since DN'-cliché might just apply to this album. Favorites: Paper Cup Exit, Golden Blue & Stones.
Unmade Bed (there's something wrong with the way the vocals are produced, they don't really seem to blend in that well with the music) & New Hampshire are a bit dull though. But there's enough quality in the 8 other songs to look past that.
Theremin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth