Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.10.2011, 11:50 AM   #26001
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses

Pelle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.12.2011, 01:53 PM   #26002
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
no hole?
Old 02.12.2011, 03:43 PM   #26003
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Rushing a 3 page (luckily, double-spaced) essay on the Insane Clown Posse for my English composition class before my birthday basement show starts tonight.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.12.2011, 05:42 PM   #26004
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Insane Clown Posse: The Most Hated, and Criminally Misunderstood Band in the World

Succeeding as a white hip-hop artist in the gangster rap era of the 1990’s was an astoundingly difficult task. The music genre is widely recognized as a black man’s world, and this couldn’t have been any more true after the laughable Vanilla Ice craze of the 1980’s. Even more challenging than succeeding as a white hip-hop artist alone, is succeeding as a white hip-hop duo who paint their faces like clowns, and write songs about a mysterious Dark Carnival full of Terror Wheels, Murder Go Rounds, Tilt-A-Whirls, serial killings, fat girls, and a locally produced soda known as Faygo. Especially when said rapping clowns come from southwest Detroit, rather than notorious hip-hop hotspots like New York City or Los Angeles. This is exactly what the Insane Clown Posse (or I.C.P. to their fans) have done, and they have been thriving in their own international success for nearly a decade. Yet mention the group to anyone you know, and you will be treated as a tasteless laughing stock. Simply put: the Insane Clown Posse deserve a lot more respect.

Long before I.C.P.’s worldwide fame, a street gang existed in southwest Del-Rey, Detroit, known as the Inner City Posse. Together, they committed various felonies and got into fight, after fight, after fight. Tired of the dismal street life, three members (and high school dropouts), Joe Bruce, Joey Utsler, and John Utsler, began writing and recording their own rap albums. Achieving local success with their first hit, “Dog Beats”, the gangbangers soon started yearning for more, and decided it was time to change up their game-plan to earn even more acclaim. Feeling the industry was already oversaturated with gangster rap artists, the Inner City Posse cleverly adapted the moniker, Insane Clown Posse, based on a dream that haunted Joe Bruce, about a demonic looking clown roaming the desolate, crime-ridden streets of Detroit. Joe Bruce, Joey Utsler, and John Utsler soon became Violent J, Shaggy 2 Dope, and John Kickjazz; and in 1992 the first Insane Clown Posse album, Carnival of Carnage, was released. John Kickjazz left the group soon-after.

Since then, the two remaining clowns have formed a fierce empire beneath them, and have become multi-millionaires in the process. The rap duo fronts not only their own record label, Psychopathic Records, but a wrestling federation known as J.C.W., and a clothing company, Hatchet Wear, to boot. They have carved out an extremely unique niche for themselves in the music industry, and acquired legions of fans all around the globe who have formed their own universally hated sub-culture known as Juggalos. The rapping clowns have teamed up in the studio with numerous, well-respected, hip-hop legends such as Ol’ Dirty Bastard, Three Six Mafia, Esham, Ice-T, and many others. Their fourth LP, The Great Milenko, even hit the number four spot on the Billboard charts – an unheard of occurrence for any independent artist. They also hold an annual 4-day music festival, The Gathering of the Juggalos, every year without any corporate sponsorship whatsoever, and have co-written, starred in, and produced two feature films, Big Money Hu$tlas, and it’s western prequel, Big Money Ru$tlas. No other band has ever achieved this sort of success on their own terms, aside from possibly The Grateful Dead (but not quite), yet for some bizarre reason, the Insane Clown Posse are still laughing stocks within the music industry that they have single-handedly re-written the rules of success for.

“Why is this?” you may ask, and to be honest, the answer is a puzzling one. Perhaps it is because of their hard-headed underground ethics that have led their careers to be completely void of any radio play, or MTV exposure (aside from coverage of their stunning Billboard chart achievement). It may also be due to the group’s target demographic of outcasts, social rejects, scrubs, and the financially struggling. Their music specifically caters to the unwashed underbelly of society, and their marketing has closely followed suit over the years, creating a safe-haven for the so-called freaks of the world. Because of this, it can not only be seen as alienating to many potential fans, but a complete chore for a more mainstream audience to become exposed to their ingenious products. Ask your peers about the Insane Clown Posse, and after they dismiss them, ask if they’ve ever actually heard any of the group’s music. Chances are, the only response you’ll hear is, “No.”

Perhaps this is a good thing, which gives Juggalos a rare feeling of exclusivity amongst themselves, as they truly believe they are part of something special – which they are. But it is also tragic that two high school dropouts, and former gang members, who have grinded the long haul, and beaten the odds, transgressing their underground roots into something near-corporate and internationally recognized, have earned such little respect, even in their hometown of Detroit, Michigan. Despite this, they are fully aware of their achievements, and continue to help other struggling artists through their record label, rebelliously proud of the disapproval that has surrounded them since the birth of their careers. Hopefully, history agrees, and I.C.P. will one day be recognized as the brilliant entrepreneurs that they truly are.
Old 02.13.2011, 12:51 AM   #26005
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
Awesome...you actually wrote a paper about ICP. Neat.
Thing is that I notice, is your point about the search for exclusivity. That exact nature is the foundation of marketing itself, that desire is the crux of all government and business aim. Some are better at it than others. I'm not saying that ICP were built exclusively on that, targeting a particular segment of the population that doesnt fit anywhere else. I guess it just made me think about the fact that there ARE groups that will and can and are targeting every single soul out there, to the point that we were born into it and were raised by it. I'm not saying we have no free will, I'm just, uh, wait what?
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2011, 07:03 AM   #26006
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoYnFuS5f8k

this makes me feel like i'm missing paradise
the beach, tropical waters and girls with flowers

i really miss the hangout on the beach with coctails, smokes and music
miss?? i never tasted that

gonna have a miniature taste of paradise here at my home
gast30 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2011, 03:19 PM   #26007
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelle

rafvrh
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2011, 03:38 PM   #26008
jonathan
children of satan

jonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's asses
The fact that Insane Clown Posse has found a niche market and exploited it doesn't lend them any credibility in my mind. No one is denying they are successful entrepreneurs. They lack credibility because they perform clown rap.

CLOWN RAP.
jonathan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2011, 05:49 PM   #26009
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
oh yeah...anyone know the difference between a civil ordinance for drug possession and a conviction for drug possession?

obviously the convictino goes on yer record and is also more expensive....but does a civil ordinance go on yer record?
Old 02.13.2011, 06:00 PM   #26010
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

I've only heard one single song from Insane clown pose I think.. don't know whats so speical about them.
Tell me, or link me a spotify list.
Old 02.13.2011, 07:16 PM   #26011
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by alteredcourse
Awesome...you actually wrote a paper about ICP. Neat.
Thing is that I notice, is your point about the search for exclusivity. That exact nature is the foundation of marketing itself, that desire is the crux of all government and business aim. Some are better at it than others. I'm not saying that ICP were built exclusively on that, targeting a particular segment of the population that doesnt fit anywhere else. I guess it just made me think about the fact that there ARE groups that will and can and are targeting every single soul out there, to the point that we were born into it and were raised by it. I'm not saying we have no free will, I'm just, uh, wait what?

Wait.... uhhh... who?!

But no, I think with ICP it's simply you either "get it" or you don't. The fact that I grew up in the Detroit area probably has a lot to do with my love for them. You can't really take their music too seriously, it's just something that's fun. I for one, absolutely LOVE most of the beats that Mike E. Clark mixes up for them, the things they talk about in their songs , the horror/carnival niche, dope slang terms, and all of the irresistably catchy hooks they use. Oh, and their live shows are among the coolest I've ever seen.

I dunno, it might just be middle school nostalgia for me, but I genuinely can't get enough. I think the "draw" of the group is easily understandable, even if it doesn't necessarily appeal to you directly - I mean, just look at how many times I've gotten a fair lot of you chattering about them with just a single post... and this is a fucking Sonic Youth forum. I mean you ALL know who they are, at least. I dunno, I'm probably just a loon.

Old 02.14.2011, 03:21 PM   #26012
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Fuck yes he called!!!!!!!

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2011, 10:09 AM   #26013
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

^ yer dealer.
Old 02.16.2011, 07:09 AM   #26014
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Right now I'm drinking tea with milk in it.
Old 02.16.2011, 04:10 PM   #26015
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
^ yer dealer.

some one better

Old 02.16.2011, 05:02 PM   #26016
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeuUH...lated</font%3E

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2011, 11:00 PM   #26017
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I am
Old 02.17.2011, 01:06 AM   #26018
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
I saw Calvin Johnson tonight at the art damage lodge in my city.

It's this old masonic temple turned noise venue.

It was awesome, he was by himself, played an acoustic set unplugged, campfire style. People were quiet for most of the time.

It was awesome, he is hilarious live and had some great stories.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2011, 03:15 PM   #26019
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

I cannot believe how happy I am right now

Old 02.17.2011, 07:08 PM   #26020
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
I cannot believe how happy I am right now

Good for you, I can't get fucking happy because of all this darkness and coldness outside.. it's fucking eternal...
801120112511291129812991300 1301 1302130313041311135114011801 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth