Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page please vote today
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.05.2008, 06:39 PM   #21
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I find it funny that people actually believe that whoever they vote for is going to make a huge difference in the long-run.

if you want proof that a president has power look at how much bush has fucked up in his time. nothing funny about him asking the cia to look for a link between 9-11 and iraq. nothing funny about him vetoing health insurance for children. there are real consequences in terms of lives & deaths. if you think that a butterfly's wings in one part of the world can cause a tornado in another, then imagine what a bozo in chief can accomplish.

the problem we have today is that 4 decades of boomer cultural wars have accomplished nothing but leave the public cynical and spent while the country goes to the shitter.

that's exactly what obama is going to end.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.05.2008, 06:51 PM   #22
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the electoral college protects small states from being overrun by big states.
But ignores the minorities of all states. Why should all of, say, California's electoral college votes be given to one, just one, candidate, if there is a, say, 60% democratic majority? Why should the other 40% even bother?
Old 02.05.2008, 07:01 PM   #23
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
But ignores the minorities of all states. Why should all of, say, California's electoral college votes be given to one, just one, candidate, if there is a, say, 60% democratic majority? Why should the other 40% even bother?

that's up to each state, not up to one big federal government commanding all. a republic.

maine & nebraska use 50% proportional representation by congressional district.

see?
Old 02.05.2008, 07:09 PM   #24
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I'm aware that Maine and Nebraska aren't fucktards, haha. But a president who might give the rest of the states the kick in the ass to follow their lead would be nice. Though I suppose it isn't his place. But that wasn't really my point.
Old 02.05.2008, 07:10 PM   #25
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
I'm aware that Maine and Nebraska aren't fucktards, haha. But a president who might give the rest of the states the kick in the ass to follow their lead would be nice. Though I suppose it isn't his place. But that wasn't really my point.

yeah it isn't his place, which was the point of my answer to matt g

anyway, obama is way up in georgia-- woohoo!!

GO OBAMA!!!

--

ps- sorry if i don't answer back in a while. i was up all night, and i gotta go sleep.
Old 02.06.2008, 08:36 PM   #26
matt g
bad moon rising

matt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the electoral college protects small states from being overrun by big states.

the u.s. government is a republic, not a direct democracy.

you wanna do away with the electoral college, you gotta wipe out 231 years of U.S. history AND remake the constitution.

hey there !@#$%!:

i'm not trying to say we should wipe out 231 years of US history, remake the constitution, or rally for overthrowing the government. i just think that the electoral college is an outdated means to an end. if the popular vote directly counted then i think that the 2 party conglomerate would start having to actually listen to us. it seems like something that the government could do. i don't think that we should live in a direct democracy, obviously nothing would ever get done at all... there are plenty of archaic things in this country that need to adapt to how people live today. i think something as important as the office of prez ought to be taken from a actual popular vote. that's all.

i'm sick of the politics now.
matt g is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth