Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page sonicl has CDs to sell...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.28.2007, 06:58 AM   #21
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I am also interested in some of the products you have made available for purchase.

is it common for musicians to buy second hand copies of their own records?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.28.2007, 11:47 AM   #22
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
...wondering what would possess anyone to buy all those shit cds in the first place.

...excuse me, but they're just not my taste; I see only three or four titles that look decent.

If I had 'em, I'd get rid of 'em too.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.28.2007, 12:56 PM   #23
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
^don't you get tired of being negative all the time?

i bet savage clone just wants to find out how much his stuff is going for!
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.28.2007, 01:02 PM   #24
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm merely responding to the environment in an honest fashion. Yeah, I know that's anathema to most of you kiss-asses. Most of my posts have nothing to do with negativity.

I'd be embarrased to list that I owned those cds.

And so would most people reading this thread.

Just last week I PMed the thread author about sharing some live music by a band we both like.

I don't play favorites. Like anyone, I'm not always right, but I just call it like I see it, bozo. And, I'm also not wild about people selling anything through this board, no matter what measures they take.

And, on that subject, I implore everyone to please redden this fucker up some more:
Sister - Blast First CD for sale
Old 10.28.2007, 01:19 PM   #25
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
But why do you feel the need to respond? Why do you feel the need to express your opinion about these shit CDs? It's not even a thread about these bands, it's a a thread about someone offering CDs for sale that some people might be interested in. Nobody cares what you think of those CDs, bozo.

And even if it was a thread about these bands, then there's not much point saying they're shit without further context. I think Deerhoof and Battles are boring and I wouldn't want to have CDs by them, but you won't see me saying they're shit every time there's a thread about them.
Old 10.28.2007, 01:25 PM   #26
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
sonicl, a price list please and thank-you!

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.28.2007, 01:25 PM   #27
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
But why do you feel the need to respond?

I elucidated on why a moment ago.

Quote:
Why do you feel the need to express your opinion about these shit CDs?

Because they are shit (just as you wrote) and it's funny. Read some of the other posts on this forum. There's some fairly flippant brain-farting everywhere you turn, so I can't see why I'm being singled-out when half the content of this board is juvenile junk written by quasi-illiterates. Oh, that's right, it's because you're a kiss-ass buddy of sonicl.
Hey, I like him too. I, just not keen on his large list of cds for sale, and this isn't the first time.

Quote:
It's not even a thread about these bands, it's a a thread about someone offering CDs for sale that some people might be interested in.

This isn't craig's list.

Quote:
Nobody cares what you think of those CDs, bozo.

Why is it that you always seem to have a bone to pick with me just about every time you do show up around here?

Quote:
And even if it was a thread about these bands, then there's not much point saying they're shit without further context. I think Deerhoof and Battles are boring and I wouldn't want to have CDs by them,

Your loss.

Quote:
but you won't see me saying they're shit every time there's a thread about them.

That's your right as a milquetoast.
Old 10.28.2007, 01:37 PM   #28
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I think SonicL is rejoicing now that his thread is being propogated by an arguement - PUBLICITY!
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.28.2007, 01:39 PM   #29
atari 2600
invito al cielo

yay

you're right, it's something sonicl and I cooked up to move product before he moves the cds to ebay...last chance saloon...NOT

This is the second time you've posted a large list, right sonicl?

I seem to remember another mass cd sale before.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I know, you just wanted to make them available to people here first...I'm familiar with what you wrote. Tell me though, couldn't you have listed them elsewhere and just posted a link?
Old 10.28.2007, 01:59 PM   #30
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

you were being singled out because this was like the 3rd negative reply i've read from you within 10 minutes in different threads. i was just wondering where you got the energy from. call me a kiss-ass, fine. i just don't feel the need to go on war path every time i go on the internet.

i'm not sure where you got the impression from that i'm having a bone to pick with you, let alone that i'd have to pick one every time i log in... maybe it's paranoia from your side, i don't know.

anyway, you can have the last word if you like. you'll take it anyway and i don't care. consider it as me surrendering to your mighty wisdom or something. have a good day.
Old 10.28.2007, 02:04 PM   #31
atari 2600
invito al cielo

You're so not really a bozo. But ah, if somebody, anybody, lays a great big recurring turd thread, rest assured I'll make pissing posts in return.

The problem is that I'm bumping the thread in the process, and the ikara cult underscored the futilty of it all subtly and nicely.
Old 10.28.2007, 02:12 PM   #32
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
If they were that bad, no one would have responded.
I was pretty excited to see the High Rise CDs, and quite a few others.

"Crap CDs" in Atari World= anything made after about 1986 that doesn't include personnel whose careers were well-established before that time.

Your opinion doesn't surprise me, but the hostility was unprovoked and totally unnecessary. Sonicl is a regular quality poster here, and doesn't generally contribute to any of the board's occasional negativity and infighting; there are quite a few people on here whose tastes are similar (myself included), and I'm sure a lot of us appreciate being given first crack at his surpluses.

That's really all I have to say about this.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.28.2007, 02:31 PM   #33
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
...wondering what would possess anyone to buy all those shit cds in the first place.

Come now, surely Spiritualized's 'ladies and gentlemen...' is Paul Weller enough for your tastes?

Incidentally, that album remains entirely brilliant.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.28.2007, 02:34 PM   #34
atari 2600
invito al cielo

...Spiritualized is okay, Fugazi are good, Bardo Pond can be good.
Old 10.28.2007, 02:36 PM   #35
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Quote:
If they were that bad, no one would have responded.
I was pretty excited to see the High Rise CDs, and quite a few others.

"Crap CDs" in Atari World= anything made after about 1986 that doesn't include personnel whose careers were well-established before that time.

Your opinion doesn't surprise me, but the hostility was unprovoked and totally unnecessary. Sonicl is a regular quality poster here, and doesn't generally contribute to any of the board's occasional negativity and infighting; there are quite a few people on here whose tastes are similar (myself included), and I'm sure a lot of us appreciate being given first crack at his surpluses.

That's really all I have to say about this.

Like I wrote before (but you choose to ignore) I like him too. What I don't like is threads with mass cds for sale. And this isn't the first time. And, if you'll also note, I acknowledged that I understood his supposed reasoning for posting here first. It's funny...everytime you guys want to cut me down, you go back to some porkmarras line that's never been accurate or in the least bit clever. Same thing with the whole rap about me being nuts, psychotic, and needing medication business. Lamers.

"surpluses?"
How are we to know if he bought them or if they are (heaven forbid) stolen? Tell me that. Again, this is the second time he's sold a heaping helping of cds. Don't fucking start with me, pisspots.
Old 10.28.2007, 02:41 PM   #36
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Like I wrote before (but you choose to ignore) I like him too. What I don't like is threads with mass cds for sale. And this isn't the first time. And, if you'll also note, I acknowledged that I understood his supposed reasoning for posting here first.

If that was the case, then why is it you first decided to attack the content of the list/taste of the poster? Why not just stick to the line "don't use the board to sell stuff?"

I also like how you edited your initial post to make it sound less jerky.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.28.2007, 02:41 PM   #37
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
It's an interestingly Hegelian line you flog in spite of your alleged reservations. Hypothesis/ Antithesis, synthesis; Master/ Slave dialectic - you know the drill I'm sure.

*not directed at SC, but he can cunt off as well. Raaar.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.28.2007, 02:46 PM   #38
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Quote:
If that was the case, then why is it you first decided to attack the content of the list/taste of the poster? Why not just stick to the line "don't use the board to sell stuff?"

I also like how you edited your initial post to make it sound less jerky.

Glad you like it although I don't know what part you mean.
Anyway, I eased into things by having a spot of fun, governor.
And still maintain that the vast majority of those cds are horrible. Which only begs the question more that they may possibly (heaven forbid) be stolen.
It's called fishing for information.

I'm fairly certain that they are not stolen, but again, how do we really know? Wouldn't you think that a person who just had their cds stolen would look at the local pawn shops and record stores that dealin used cds, and ebay or the like to try and find them? The other day I posted about a friend having cds stolen. Most of my friends have had cds stolen out of their car. I have also been cleaned out of tapes and cds before in a home burglary. Anyway, admitedly I download many of my cds, (most downloads are legal live ones) but of the ones I do buy, and I have over a thousand (yeah, many here have more probably), I virtually never sell back any.

Now some people are different. They love going into the shop and they regularly buy cds and sell back cds for credit. This is how your typical music poseur operates. A lot of people buy them and then copy some of them too before selling them back for credit.
Old 10.28.2007, 06:29 PM   #39
hat and beard
stalker

hat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asses
I recently sold off a very large portion of my collection and it felt great. it was kind of liberating in a "fuck you you stupid plastic discs you don't own me" sort of way after wasting so much of my time/money obsessing over them. I was sincerely interested in each one of them at one point in time, but after a while it becomes pretty pointless to hold on to stuff I hardly ever listen to anymore, especially when bills need paying / my stomach needs filling.
Old 10.29.2007, 04:40 AM   #40
sarramkrop

Quote:
Like I wrote before (but you choose to ignore) I like him too. What I don't like is threads with mass cds for sale. And this isn't the first time. And, if you'll also note, I acknowledged that I understood his supposed reasoning for posting here first. It's funny...everytime you guys want to cut me down, you go back to some porkmarras line that's never been accurate or in the least bit clever. Same thing with the whole rap about me being nuts, psychotic, and needing medication business. Lamers.

"surpluses?"
How are we to know if he bought them or if they are (heaven forbid) stolen? Tell me that. Again, this is the second time he's sold a heaping helping of cds. Don't fucking start with me, pisspots.

Atari, I'd really appreciate if you leave me out of these pointless internet arguments, especially now that I don't post on this forum as much as I used to, and never will again. Sonicl is certainly not a ruthless merchant, so I don't know why you are being so petty and childish towards him. Many times I found some great cds through the post from him that weren't solicited, so if he is advertising them on here, where probably he would make less money than on ebay or such sites, it is because he knows that there are a few posters that would be really interested in them. Get over yourself and grow up.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth