Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page r ripped on brazil
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.04.2006, 06:04 PM   #1
marsvoodoo
empty page

marsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of lightmarsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of lightmarsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of lightmarsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of lightmarsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of lightmarsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of light
i live in brazil (são paulo.... guess the translation is "san paolo", or anything like it) and i'm planning to order the rather ripped vinyl, and some other records, on midheaven during the week. since it's the first time i buy something from other country (and from midheaven, so) i'm feeling kinda insecure...
anyone has some tip, or is just "go there and click and wait"?
i'd apreciate indications of other stores too =) [i looked at kungfunation, midheaven and interpunk... this last one don't like brazilian credit cards]
all those expensive shipping costs gonna really fuck up my july vacations plans...

thanks anyway,
m.
marsvoodoo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2006, 07:52 PM   #2
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Midheaven is very trustworthy, and fairly easy to order from. It really is just a case of 'go there and click and wait.' They ship very fast.

I would assume you would have your ordered items within two weeks. It usually only takes about five days for me to get me order.
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2006, 07:55 PM   #3
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i live in mexico, and i've ordered from midheaven, they deliver fast and secure. i don't think you'll find a better deal elsewhere (kung fu nation's shipping costs are a rip off, they will charge you as much for shipping as the price of the album)
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2006, 05:28 PM   #4
Chop Chop
empty page

Chop Chop ain't too shabby
Kung Fu tried for a long time to offer cheaper shipping options for customers outside of the US. About 50% of the items we shipped internationally using the USPS international parcel post (cheapest option) never arrived to the buyer. We had to switch to a more reliable shipping option which is Global Priority. This method is a good bit more expensive but a great deal more reliable (and faster). We're sorry for the inconvenience of higher shipping costs but we have had relatively no problems with orders being delivered once we switched to this option. We are still researching cheaper shipping options but until then, we will have to stick with the more reliable option instead of the cheaper option.
Chop Chop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2006, 07:49 PM   #5
marsvoodoo
empty page

marsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of lightmarsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of lightmarsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of lightmarsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of lightmarsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of lightmarsvoodoo is a glorious beacon of light
just ordered rather ripped vinyl on midheaven =)
and just rather ripped, btw...
i runned outta money and, besides i could still afford the recent 7" (helen lundeberg/eyeliner, you know) too, midheaven have no more of those there, and the shipping cost of kung fu was out of reach.
hope to get the money soon enough to get this last one, since it seems pretty nice.

thanks for the help!!
i guess [hope] in two weeks the neighbours will have something new to complain about!
Old 06.20.2006, 09:58 PM   #6
marsvoodoo
empty page

=D
tonight when i got home the nice square box was over the table!!

i'm listening to it for the second time now, and before the arriving of the vinyl i have completelly avoided to listen even live records, just to make a kind of surprise to myself, or feel for the first time how really is to know a record from a favorite band looking at it spining on the turntable without have listened the songs before it and, oh fuck, it's great!!!!! =D
unfortunally i never have the money to do the same with other groups that i really like and "trust", but i'll try to do it everytime with sy, at least... (already ordered the helen lundeburg 7"!)
i really recomend that other mp3-generation-kids like me that are fans of whocareswhat do the same, it's really worthy =D
about the vinyl preference, well, cds don't attract me as much as vinyls =)
and the r ripped packaging is very very pretty, and very simple too, and i guess it's really in tune with......
about the songs, i loved it already in the first listening, and it almost don't happen.
i read a lot of commentaries about, so i didn't expect another nurse, or murray street, or dirty, or syr bla bla bla, or confusion.... or _______, but in reality i really didn't WANT another ________... i mean, when i wanna hear sonic youth playing in some especific way, i just hear to the respective songs, and rediscover them, and stuff...
during the first listening i felt the familiar feeling that i felt in the first time that sy caught my atention (some years after i had the first contact with their music) and started to became one, and probably THE ONE, of my favorite groups.
i don't know if is a "good" or a "bad" record, and i don't feel confortable with ranking SY albums, i mean... i listen to them a lot, i think i hardly stay more than four days without listening to some tracks, and each time is a new (ok, more experienced, but still new) time, and every album, every "era" has it's own days to me, so i just can't think about "the favorite", but anyway, listening to r ripped was really enjoyable and i'm very glad with the way that the new songs sound!!!! i'm very satisfied with this "new orientation" too, even appreciating A LOT SY's noisy stuff.

so that's it!
*being a happy fan*

hope to see the band around here this year again!! (ok, it won't happen, but it's good to expect anyway...)
Old 06.20.2006, 10:16 PM   #7
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Good to hear, you'll probably enjoy Helend Lundeberg/Eyeliner a lot.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 08:40 AM   #8
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
YEAH! That is fucking great man! I too waited to hear the album and it blows me away! It starts clean, then gets dirtier, then dirtier, and then the skronk arrives full force and I fucking LOVE the album!
Old 06.21.2006, 10:24 AM   #9
huoxito
little trouble girl

huoxito is just really nicehuoxito is just really nicehuoxito is just really nicehuoxito is just really nicehuoxito is just really nice
it must be really cool to get the rather ripped vinyl in your hands...
and for us who live in brazil is quite difficult to get their albums ....
i hope rather ripped will be released here .......
huoxito is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.22.2006, 07:32 PM   #10
marsvoodoo
empty page

i guess universal will release the cd around here, as they did with sonic nurse, murray street, and nyc ghosts and flowers.
just don't know when =(

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth