Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Incinerate review on Pitchfork.com
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.25.2006, 10:07 PM   #21
AllHandsOnTheBigOne
children of satan

AllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's asses
Because he didn't like the album he doesn't know who Sonic Youth is, or doesn't like the band? He was just one of many who thought that album sucked. I know plenty of Sonic Youth fans who think the album sucks.

If I remember correctly, the 0.0 score was more of a joke than anything. He was just using this album to vent his anger towards New York and his love for Chicago. Nothing to get offended over.

I don't understand the hate for Pitchfork. Seriously. No other music site that posts reviews gets so much shit. Pop Matters, Tiny Mixed Tapes, etc? No problem. Pitchfork? Satan. Haha. Ironically, I think Pitchfork is the best of the bunch. Not because of the reviews(I mean come on, a review is a review), but they update that site like a motherfucker. News, interviews, lots of good info and some intriguing articles every now and then. If it wasn't for Pitchfork I would be lost on lots of things. For example, I didn't know the Liars would be going on a world tour. I stop by Pitchfork, they inform me the Liars will be playing in my city in a month. Good times. No need for hate.
Old 04.25.2006, 10:26 PM   #22
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllHandsOnTheBigOne
I wasted too much time writing that reply.

Blah
Old 04.25.2006, 10:29 PM   #23
AllHandsOnTheBigOne
children of satan

AllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I can't come up with a good reason to justify my hate for pitchfork so I'll just write blah to make myself look clever.

Ha Ha.
Old 04.25.2006, 10:30 PM   #24
Drugstore_Cowboy
little trouble girl

Drugstore_Cowboy ain't too shabby
When in need for laughs, always look to Pitchfork for the goods, when desperate. This line is alone is almost as terrible as their Kid A review--if that is even possible.

"I dug the last two records' yawning chasms-- edgeless battlefields on which the band played out antagonistic relationships such as elegant triple-lead filigrees vs. gale-force feedback, or Sonic Youth vs. obsolescence."
Drugstore_Cowboy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 10:34 PM   #25
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllHandsOnTheBigOne
I am a bitch.

My hatred for Pitchfork comes directly from me being too indie even for Pitchfork. I'm so indie I invented music.
Old 04.25.2006, 10:34 PM   #26
IntoTheGroovey
bad moon rising

IntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to all
Pitchfork is lame. I'd rather read the back of a Cheerios box.
Old 04.25.2006, 10:35 PM   #27
Drugstore_Cowboy
little trouble girl

I prefer Captain Crunch with the puzzles on the back because I cannot read.
Old 04.25.2006, 10:38 PM   #28
AllHandsOnTheBigOne
children of satan

Quote:
My hatred for Pitchfork comes directly from me being too indie even for Pitchfork. I'm so indie I invented music.

Yeah, I know. Everyone in this thread is too indie for Pitchfork. The wannabe-hipster thing to do is to bash Pitchfork.
Old 04.25.2006, 10:41 PM   #29
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

Yeah. I have made it past the wannabe stage though. I am so hipster it fucking HURTS.
Old 04.25.2006, 10:43 PM   #30
AllHandsOnTheBigOne
children of satan

Where does it hurt? I'll kiss it and make it better.
Old 04.25.2006, 10:45 PM   #31
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

My legs. The circulation is cut off from the girl pants. Also, my back teeth hurt from the abuse I put on them from drinking too much coffee.
Old 04.26.2006, 10:42 AM   #32
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I LOVE that PITCHFORK exists!

There are at least 20 reviewers on that site. so you disagree with one reviewer? big fucking deal. grow the fuck up and accept the fact that pitchfork is aout there spreading the good word about indie innovative npoise, avant garde, music. who else is gonna do it?

you guys sound like the same pathetic hipper than thou scenesters that you accuse pitchfork of being. get a fucking grip and grow up.
people like you said the same dumb shit about SST and dischord back in the day.

dumb asses.

united we stand, divided we fall. infioghting among the underground is the single WORST thing about it, and what will always cause our downfall.
Old 04.26.2006, 02:10 PM   #33
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

There are at least 20 reviewers on that site. so you disagree with one reviewer? big fucking deal. grow the fuck up and accept the fact that pitchfork is aout there spreading the good word about indie innovative npoise, avant garde, music. who else is gonna do it?

you guys sound like the same pathetic hipper than thou scenesters that you accuse pitchfork of being. get a fucking grip and grow up.

dumb asses.

united we stand, divided we fall. infioghting among the underground is the single WORST thing about it, and what will always cause our downfall.

Tell it like it is.......Worrrrd up.
Old 04.26.2006, 07:00 PM   #34
Drugstore_Cowboy
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

dumb asses.

Either you are an idiot or you have never read more than one review of theirs.

It is not just one writer, it is the majority of them. Even Stylus is more readable than Pitchfork's garbage reviews. They are a laughing stock to any writer and to any music critic with brains and talent.

And enough already, do not resort to the "You are too hipster to like Pitchfork because they are hipsters that promote indie acts," routine, because it is stupid.
Old 04.26.2006, 07:13 PM   #35
sleep33
little trouble girl

sleep33 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
i agree with pitchfork
sleep33 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 08:44 PM   #36
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drugstore_Cowboy
And enough already, do not resort to the "You are too hipster to like Pitchfork because they are hipsters that promote indie acts," routine, because it is stupid.

Don't act like you don't feel that way.
Old 04.26.2006, 09:01 PM   #37
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
pitchfork gave the ying yang twins' "wait (the whisper song)" something along the lines of an 8+ review. i think that says it all.

(and don't get me wrong, i love that song to death, but it's not deserving of any sort of substantial rating)

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 10:21 PM   #38
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I don't even know what Pitchfork is. All I'm saying is that a review is a review.
Old 04.26.2006, 10:32 PM   #39
Drugstore_Cowboy
little trouble girl

Quote:
Don't act like you don't feel that way.
Holy, bravo, you are dead on.
Old 04.26.2006, 11:53 PM   #40
AllHandsOnTheBigOne
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drugstore_Cowboy
It is not just one writer, it is the majority of them. Even Stylus is more readable than Pitchfork's garbage reviews. They are a laughing stock to any writer and to any music critic with brains and talent.

Music critics with brains and talent?

Isn't that an oxymoron?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth