Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page In case you haven't heard....
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.01.2006, 03:27 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.myspace.com/suchfriendsaredangerous

(shameless self promotion)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2006, 03:52 PM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Sort out the mikes on the drums next time you record. Is the drumming on phasers on stun a tribute to the Shaggs. Sort out the mikes. Sort out the mikes. Sort out the mikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2006, 05:12 PM   #3
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
i found your music very boring. I dont know how you see your music as "Experimental/Shoegaze". Its very standard rock guitar , and theirs nothing wrong with that, so be honest.

The song "whales" has a guitar part in that sounds exactly like a Papa Roach song, I swear.

Im sorry, I didnt like it....
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2006, 10:12 PM   #5
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
JAH BLESS!

I totally am diggin your tunes man. I blaze teh ganj to it all the time.

Shitty recording = COOL!
Old 06.01.2006, 11:27 PM   #6
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
JAH BLESS!

I totally am diggin your tunes man. I blaze teh ganj to it all the time.

Shitty recording = COOL!

you all should be careful the way you toss around the blessings of God. dissing my music is find and dandy, i dont take things personally unlike some people on this board, but to go out and mash down bigger things, that is just useless negativity.

and note about the sound quality, some of you swear i was charging for this. i have heard people selling shit on this board that sounded much worse....

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2006, 11:52 PM   #7
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
id listen but the sound is fucked, i will once i fix.
Old 06.02.2006, 10:59 AM   #8
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
its not the recording quality...
Old 06.02.2006, 02:08 PM   #9
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by m^a(t)h
its not the recording quality...

I don't understand how someone can be bothered to get the equipment required to take music from a four-track tape deck to a computer and convert it to mp3, but doesn't at any point think about production, post production, mike placement (etc etc).

To be honest, opinions of the music itself to one side, 90% of people will listen and hear the shitty recording onto a tape deck - sounding like it's an in-built mike on a radio as well - and not even bother with the music that's underneath the awful recording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2006, 02:28 PM   #10
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
I concur.

umjammer atomsk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2006, 02:30 PM   #11
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I don't understand how someone can be bothered to get the equipment required to take music from a four-track tape deck to a computer and convert it to mp3, but doesn't at any point think about production, post production, mike placement (etc etc).

To be honest, opinions of the music itself to one side, 90% of people will listen and hear the shitty recording onto a tape deck - sounding like it's an in-built mike on a radio as well - and not even bother with the music that's underneath the awful recording.

I already reviewed his stuff at the top, I dont care about the quality because I go through the same shit...
Old 06.02.2006, 05:20 PM   #12
i'm a guitar
empty page

i'm a guitar ain't too shabbyi'm a guitar ain't too shabby
my brother has the same bob marley poster,,and a pratically equal ``hat``..
and your soun is your sound,,i see no meaning in criticize you,,,,,,,,,are you a professional musician??? did you put a gun in someone`s head and oblied to listen?,,,,,,taste is taste,,as long as you feel good playing, you are being true to youself,,and you love that...they have nothing to that................and go play stoned,,,,,,,and no stoned too,,,and listen to dat stoned,,,and no stoned too.........and see the differnce,,,,bye8)8)
Old 06.02.2006, 06:06 PM   #13
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
it didn't really do anything for me. sorry.

edit:
an even more shameless self plug
http://www.myspace.com/wildernesspangs

no really, go check us out.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2006, 06:18 PM   #14
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
an even more shameless self plug
http://www.myspace.com/wildernesspangs

no really, go check us out.
very very cool songs you have.

http://www.purevolume.com/joelfreinds
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2006, 06:31 PM   #15
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
very very cool songs you have.

http://www.purevolume.com/joelfreinds

thanks!

"B.F.F" was a nice one. have you ever thought about adding some sound textures into the mix?

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 06.02.2006, 07:47 PM   #16
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Does anyone find it a little bit odd that a white guy is wearing a Jamiacan rastafian cap?
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2006, 07:48 PM   #17
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
umm.. you too? hehe

umjammer atomsk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.02.2006, 08:00 PM   #18
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
Does anyone find it a little bit odd that a white guy is wearing a Jamiacan rastafian cap?

not really...i'm lying. i find it a little wierder that he speaks rasta-patois over the internet.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
Old 06.02.2006, 08:03 PM   #19
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
thanks!

"B.F.F" was a nice one. have you ever thought about adding some sound textures into the mix?
nope i havent, but thanks alot for the suggestion and the compliment. if you ever wanna record anything together pm me.
keep up the good work
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2006, 02:14 PM   #20
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
i really liked eve, gets really heavy, good grooving intromental jams
phaser to stun not so much for aforementioned reasons
whales wasnt really my thing, not because its bad but im just not into overly technical things like it is.
strangeland was cool, i would have mixed the levels differently and there are times where the drums are out of sync but no so bad. could potentially be a goood tune.

the recording quality didnt really bother me, ive heard worse.

but yeah, i really liked eve. if you put out a cd that was all in that vein, with decent recording quality id buy it (considering the price was right)

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth