Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Who Did Not/Is Not Going To Buy Rather Ripped?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.12.2006, 03:15 PM   #61
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Is anybody else getting both the CD and the LP? There's different artwork.

And anybody else picking up Psychic Hearts on vinyl? That just came out today, too (the vinyl copy).
gmku is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2006, 03:16 PM   #62
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Is anybody else getting both the CD and the LP? There's different artwork.

And anybody else picking up Psychic Hearts on vinyl? That just came out today, too (the vinyl copy).

I have the CD and I plan on buying the LP pretty soon (tomorrow if possible)!

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2006, 03:16 PM   #63
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
Supposed to be released tomorrow. I got mine last week though

Just got mine today at noon from my friendly neighborhood store--both CD and Lp, plus Psychic Hearts on vinyl.
gmku is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2006, 03:31 PM   #64
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
I'll be getting it tomorrow along w/ the new 6 Organs of Admittance record.
not sure what else is coming out that i'd be interested in... have to wait and see...

if you're not gonna buy the album just don't buy it, i hate to hear people whine and complain about how they "hate" the new album (hate is kinda a strong word don't ya think)... i just don't see the point in it other than some self satisifing proagative to dwell on the negative which seems to run wild in the youth of today and not so youth... i wouldn't have a problem if you just said i'm not gonna buy it.
its as if in comparison some of you folk have created soemthing better w/ your lives. if so where is your big piece of fame? and why bother support a band if you're going to have such an attitude about their work (no matter how small it is).

and one other thing that been bothering me:
what is the point of this shit?

who really cares how you rank the above artists or listend to recently or what you think is cool and hip and shit, i mean really is this for bragging rights or what?
who are you really impressing anyways?
seems very poser-ish to me...
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2006, 03:33 PM   #65
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
The new Six Organs is pure brilliance.
Old 06.12.2006, 05:46 PM   #66
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Just got mine today at noon from my friendly neighborhood store--both CD and Lp, plus Psychic Hearts on vinyl.

No way! I didn't even know about Psychic Hearts, it completely slipped my mind. I'll pick it up on payday. I spent the last of my paycheque on Glow worms.
Old 06.12.2006, 05:57 PM   #67
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Daycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's asses
I guess I could be hounding the record store employees for a copy today, but I forgot to do that...I'll just wait until tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm planning to get Psychic <3 <3 <3 on vinyl as well.

That dragon ain't the love sweet love.
Daycare Nation is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2006, 07:08 PM   #68
Dr. Benway
empty page

Dr. Benway has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
The only SY album that I can think of that worse than Rather Ripped is EJSTNS and maybe Nurse. Maybe it is time for them to break up or just stop recording these ordanarily records and just focus on their SYR records and side procects... SY is not progressive any longer, defintly not in the same way they used to be.
Dr. Benway is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2006, 09:59 PM   #69
Joey
little trouble girl

Joey is just really niceJoey is just really niceJoey is just really niceJoey is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
I bought it a few hours ago

I took this picture.

I was there, man.

-Joey

Real men don't take busses, they walk really fast. When asked why they don't just take a bus, they can't reply, because they are walking so fast.

Joey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2006, 10:45 PM   #70
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Daycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's asses
Wow, I have yet to hear ALL of the new album but what I heard was a godsend....I've already heard WAY too much noise/nonsense to hope that they continue doing only that....what a complete bore. We need a little melody, a little structure, a little chill-out.

That dragon ain't the love sweet love.
Daycare Nation is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 03:24 AM   #71
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
I'm liking the songs I've heard.
I will purchase.
Norma J is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 05:42 PM   #72
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
The new Six Organs is pure brilliance.

wow now thats something we both agree with!
Old 06.14.2006, 06:03 PM   #73
sorrybutitstrue
empty page

sorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentata
Quote:
Me. That's who.

Me either, I'm so glad someone else sees how sub par it is.
sorrybutitstrue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 06:38 PM   #74
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
wow now thats something we both agree with!

Anyone who doesn't agree is a complete moron.
Old 06.14.2006, 07:03 PM   #75
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
I bought it.
It's basically the coolest thing in the world and you're missing out.
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 07:21 PM   #76
Mackle
little trouble girl

Mackle is a name known to allMackle is a name known to allMackle is a name known to allMackle is a name known to allMackle is a name known to allMackle is a name known to all
Dont think I will be getting it. Heard those songs on myspace and my god they are fuckin shit. Like I wasnt too into Nurse but it had its moments. This album does not sound good at all. They really need to go back to the drawing board and stop playing the kinda stuff they perfected on Murray Street
Mackle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 07:30 PM   #77
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Anyone who doesn't agree is a complete moron.

thoughts on School of the Flower? i sorta like that one abit more right now,
though i've only listened to The Sun Awakens twice... anybody else get this yet?

weird that from what i read about this release expecting that John Moloney (Sunburned Hand of The Man, Howlin' Rain) and Chris Corsano were gonna provide percussion madness on this album, however they aren't even on this... not saying that NVH (Comets on Fire) is a shabby drummer at all though.

btw, Hayden no hard feelings about your posts... you're alright w/ me... just talkin' tough.

also it took me about a good 6-8 listens of Rather Ripped before i got into it (though i still only think its slightly above average for an SY album) and sorta understood it and lost the idea of what i expected them to do (which was something almost completely different from the last few albums and more in the vein of the Helen Lundeburg/Eyeliner 7")

i still have alot of trouble with a few songs, i actually don't like the feel or sound of Rats on this album (otherwise its nice) because to me it doesn't fit with the rest of the songs, alot probably has to do w/ Thurston's bass playing style in that song. and then there is Turquoise Boy which is almost too grandiouse and exhausting yet too straight ahead and boring until the noise section, which to me almost doesn't make sense with the rest of the song.

weird how this album is getting huge positive reviews and praises from the critics, mayeb its not so weird after listening to this album its about as straight ahead of a "rock/pop" album they've done...
Old 06.14.2006, 09:31 PM   #78
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

I love School of the Flower but I think I like this album more. I really dig the percussion and his voice.
Old 06.14.2006, 09:56 PM   #79
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Bought it. Best SY album since Washing Machine. New fans will hate it, older fans who loved the late 80s-early 90s sonic youth will love it. Real fans will like it. Not surprising the newer generation of fans hate it. But that's ok because the older generation of fans are much cooler in many ways.
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 09:58 PM   #80
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Heh, 'real fans will like it'.
Hah.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth