Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Thurston on the cover of Under The Radar
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.21.2024, 01:19 AM   #1
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
One of 'em, anyway (flip the magazine and the other cover features... The Cardigans).

Some quotable quotes because they're online for free (for the whole interview, buy the damn magazine):

Quote:
Kyle Mullin spoke to Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth about the band’s ’90s albums (especially Goo and Dirty) and his 2023 memoir, Sonic Life. Derrick Santini photographed Moore exclusively for Under the Radar in London.

“Not only were we playing huge stages, but we were also playing our new, weirdo, spindly guitar music. I could see interest on some of the collective faces of these big audiences. But at the same time, I also knew they were thinking: ‘I can’t wait until Metallica comes out here and fixes all this.’”

“We used to have this notion through the ’80s, ‘Wouldn’t it be interesting if a band like us had the production value of Aerosmith?’ With Goo, that’s exactly what was going down.”

“We were a bit conflicted about entering this corporate sphere, so the best way for us to deal with that was to treat it with absurdity.”

“As much as I love mainstream music, I was way more interested in the nether reaches of noise music basement gigs. Or the small club scene around the riot grrrl bands. Or what Pavement was doing.”

“It’s wonderful to be noticed for your work, but I don’t want to have to walk down the street and have everybody dog me. So in some ways, it’s a saving grace that I never became Bono.”

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth