Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page the problems of CANADA
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.12.2011, 02:35 PM   #21
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
who said i was comparing an area of a city too an entire country?

read the reports on the subject and stop being such a victim.

so if you lived there and know all these people tell me where the portland is, where the carnegie is, where blood alley is. do you know, or have ever been in insite?

you 100% absolutely wrote that the downtown eastside(an area of city) is "on par with the impoverished African nation of Botswana." (a country)

i can't say i've been in every building in vancouver, i can live with that, have been to every place in botswana where people have aids?
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2011, 02:37 PM   #22
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
and see what

that you think because there's a high hiv rate in the neighbourhood where the shelters are

that it's comparable to entire countries where hiv is equally prevalent....in every neighbourhood?

it doesn't really make sense to compare it to the third world, yes it does indeed show that there is a problem with in the borders of canada... but.... you know.... when i said canada is perfect and backed it up with pictures of big red trucks and beaver shaped pillows, i was only being like 86% serious

lets try turning that chip into a warm salty pastes yeh?

once again i was pointing out that these problems exist and ignoring them/ becoming angry that someone brings them up is futile and doesnt help the matter. have you spent any time in the dtes? you mentioned talking to 'vancouver hobo's' i am not sure what you mean by that as exchanging a few words with someone could be considered that.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2011, 02:39 PM   #23
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
you 100% absolutely wrote that the downtown eastside(an area of city) is "on par with the impoverished African nation of Botswana." (a country)

i can't say i've been in every building in vancouver, i can live with that, have been to every place in botswana where people have aids?

merely reiterating official health study findings. check them out for yourself. you seem to have the time on your hands.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 10.12.2011, 02:50 PM   #24
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
- AIDS
- AIDS
- AIDS
- jon boy
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2011, 02:54 PM   #25
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
lets try turning that chip into a warm salty pastes yeh?

once again i was pointing out that these problems exist and ignoring them/ becoming angry that someone brings them up is futile and doesnt help the matter. have you spent any time in the dtes? you mentioned talking to 'vancouver hobo's' i am not sure what you mean by that as exchanging a few words with someone could be considered that.

i'm not mad you're pointing problems out, i'm mad you're comparing them to very different situations

if every part of yr life gets completely ruined in canada, you'll be as fucked as you would be simply being born in half the planet, it's disproportionate. and the sort of problems that lead people to living so badly in vancouver are understood and tolerated much better in canada than pretty much anywhere else, it's possible to turn yr life around and get away from that situation in canada, most places yr only chance would be to move to canada.

i've been to east vancouver of course, it's been awhile, definitely is fucked by canada standards but i'd be surprised if would be a considered a bad place by haiti standards.

as far as 'talking the vancouver hobos' i think it's cut and dry, i live in one of the closest major cities and people from vancouver come here to live or work constantly.

did you live in canada when alberta had a labour shortage and everyone was trying to get rich here? i met homeless dudes from vancouver every single day for a couple years as a construction labourer. so more than exchanging a few words(altho that happened thousands of times) i'm talking about working 8 hours with them, if not hanging out later, and as a co-worker i'm dealing with people on a more or less equal level (except in cases where i'm the loser because i'm not from canada)

i don't know why you would think vancouver is some sort of mystery to people who live in calgary?

and at the end of the day i'd rather be in the les than hobbema

Quote:
merely reiterating official health study findings. check them out for yourself. you seem to have the time on your hands.

well then you're reiterating things that compare a part of town to a whole country, did they mention how many people in botswana are BORN with aids instead of contracting it?
Old 10.12.2011, 03:35 PM   #26
jon boy
invito al cielo

Quote:
i'm not mad you're pointing problems out, i'm mad you're comparing them to very different situations

if every part of yr life gets completely ruined in canada, you'll be as fucked as you would be simply being born in half the planet, it's disproportionate. and the sort of problems that lead people to living so badly in vancouver are understood and tolerated much better in canada than pretty much anywhere else, it's possible to turn yr life around and get away from that situation in canada, most places yr only chance would be to move to canada.

i've been to east vancouver of course, it's been awhile, definitely is fucked by canada standards but i'd be surprised if would be a considered a bad place by haiti standards.

as far as 'talking the vancouver hobos' i think it's cut and dry, i live in one of the closest major cities and people from vancouver come here to live or work constantly.

did you live in canada when alberta had a labour shortage and everyone was trying to get rich here? i met homeless dudes from vancouver every single day for a couple years as a construction labourer. so more than exchanging a few words(altho that happened thousands of times) i'm talking about working 8 hours with them, if not hanging out later, and as a co-worker i'm dealing with people on a more or less equal level (except in cases where i'm the loser because i'm not from canada)

i don't know why you would think vancouver is some sort of mystery to people who live in calgary?

and at the end of the day i'd rather be in the les than hobbema

well then you're reiterating things that compare a part of town to a whole country, did they mention how many people in botswana are BORN with aids instead of contracting it?

oh my god your right, i just checked and there are no problems here, non whatsoever. all the evidence to the contrary is just left wing propaganda.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 10.12.2011, 03:39 PM   #27
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Ahhh Canada, the land that blessed my life with Avril Lavigne, Tom Green, Mike Myers, and Kids in the Hall.

Hats off to my beloved northern brethren.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2011, 03:43 PM   #28
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
oh my god your right, i just checked and there are no problems here, non whatsoever. all the evidence to the contrary is just left wing propaganda.

sarcasm, that's what you get when canadian people have to actually think about things outside of north america

i get it when a redneck who has hasn't left saskatchewan is like that, but jonboy isn't even from canada.

okay you're right, vancouver which i know nothing about despite regular visits since i was five is basically identical to botswana but with worse quality of life.
Old 10.12.2011, 03:50 PM   #29
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
sarcasm, that's what you get when canadian people have to actually think about things outside of north america

That's it, it's built into our national genetic roots. We just happen to blurt out a cluster of sarcastic statements when we think about what's outside of NA. Our free medicare isn't funded enough to find a cure to it either
Old 10.12.2011, 04:09 PM   #30
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

in canada every settled area has easy access to clean drinking water, you can walk in a tim hortons bathroom anytime and have water that won't make you sick.

alot of people have no toilet or tap within 100km so they shit in the same river they drink from.

don't compare canada to the third world because they can't be compared.

yr life can be unbearably awful in canada like everywhere else, but you'll always be able to talk to a doctor or use running water, even if you're homeless, there's lots of places where you can be at the top of society in yr town and still never be able to get a cup of water that isn't from the river where all the locals shit and where foreign companies have been secretly dumping dangerous waste
Old 10.12.2011, 06:30 PM   #31
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

canada is the most diverse country in the world

in canada everyone is bi-lingual

the three things we care about most are; multiculturalism, democracy and hockey

this is what hockey looks like

boyle,keith, perry, richards. you need to speak about twenty languages to be able to pronounce that group of names correctly

this is what democracy looks like

(hey look we let a girl be prime minister once, for 5 months....sike)

you would be able to say the names of all prime ministers right knowing only english and french

except nobody says mulroney right the first time
Old 10.12.2011, 06:47 PM   #32
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

despite being considered one of canada's most conservative prime ministers, brian mulrony actually married a freaking immigrant

how does some girl from yugoslavia get to know the future prime minister of canada?

was she

A) a promising elite herself

or

B) nineteen years old
Old 10.12.2011, 06:50 PM   #33
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BoO3_5tU8A
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2011, 06:52 PM   #34
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
what cities are they sending people to?

honestly you might as well try it, it's boring enough to induce psychotic depression in those of us who have been somewhere else.... but if you haven't been here before it could take years to get to that point

I'm not sure, depends what you do for a living and if they consider they need some of you? The paper work costs a lot of money tho, and it's not refundable in case they say no. I don't have that kind of cash to spare. So I'm not sure... As for diversity, 'democracy' and free health care I already have it... with a lot more chaos and barely any snow.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2011, 07:09 PM   #35
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
-no based god
-no southern blacks
-no hip-hop
-no beaches
-too diverse
-bad tv shows

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2011, 07:14 PM   #36
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
They way the say about (aboot) and been (beeeen)--pro or con?
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2011, 07:22 PM   #37
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
^ From Quebec. Doesn't count.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2011, 07:23 PM   #38
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
-no southern blacks

oh shit

i know of at least one southern black guy in canada, careful with yr stereotypes

canada always refutes the stereotypes

you think there's nothing to do here but play hockey?

have you ever tried ball hockey? table hockey? field hockey? floor hockey? street hockey???? we do alot more than play hockey, we even have another sport; ringette. it's like hockey but for young girls, after twelve they get excluded from sports people pay attention to again and go into field hockey. if you really want you can force yr young daughter into real hockey but people don't want to because they're sure they'll end being toothless and muscly with a mullet, at which point the boy hockey players won't want to marry them. and the boy hockey players get paid 85,000 times as much money as yr daughter will, so you need to make sure they don't do anything that endanger their chance of marrying a rich hockey player...
Old 10.12.2011, 07:31 PM   #39
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
I'm not sure, depends what you do for a living and if they consider they need some of you? The paper work costs a lot of money tho, and it's not refundable in case they say no. I don't have that kind of cash to spare. So I'm not sure... As for diversity, 'democracy' and free health care I already have it... with a lot more chaos and barely any snow.

did you hear about it from someone in yr industry or something? because i don't know much at all about finding jobs, but i have been to most major cities in canada so i could give you a clue as to whether the sort of places people ending up in your line of work are kind of cool or too dull to even consider moving to. there's huge amounts of towns in the both categories, although the seemingly more insufferable towns are sometimes pretty cool(winnipeg)

basically it's really large and there are many areas that you should not move to.
Old 10.12.2011, 07:37 PM   #40
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

canada has good tv shows

puppets who kill

corner gas

the kids in the hall

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth