Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page pete nolan...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.25.2008, 06:22 AM   #21
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
they were always like that, the clown always had like trashcans and barrels and the other guy had like 3 floor toms, that guy spends most of the band's set climbing his rig, and the clown hits his head and makes a gun gesture with his hands pointed to his head.

Well, I know they were always like that to an extent, but after the self-titled album that element of the band severely decreased. Which is sad, because as stupid and neandrethal as it was, slipknot's self-titled had some almost-brilliant almost-modern-classical sounding intros to some of their songs. Very creepy and disturbing and they did some stuff that sounds like nothing I've ever heard, especially from a mainstream nu metal shitty band. Listen to "scissors".. that song is terrifying. A lot of that can probably be traced back to Ross Robinson, who is a pretty brilliant producer, like him or not.

But anyway, after that album, they pretty much JUST became dancers and shit.

I never understood slipknot... two guys who can barely play guitar (one of the guys seems to come up with some catchy and inventive riffs though but the other guy is pointless), a bassist I've never been able to hear period, 2 dancers, a guy who PRESSES A BUTTON (seriously, the "sampler" of this band, he has a big red metal box in front of him with a big red button he presses once about every 5 songs), and a DJ who is almost never used except on the early stuff. That leaves 3 non-pointless members, though Cory is a pretty crappy vocalist.

Anyway, all 9 of them are millionaires.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2008, 11:32 AM   #22
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
ohhh you meant on record.

yeah, they used to be polyrhythmic.

the self titled is a really good album, i still listen to it; iowa is ok, the subliminal whatever was retarded though the single was the only good song (you know, they always have a song that's exactly the same as "wait and bleed", iowa had "left behind", the third album had "duality"). i downloaded the new one but haven't listened to it yet.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2008, 12:25 PM   #23
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
From the few songs I've heard, the new one sounds pretty damn good, wait better than vol. 3.

I love self-titled.. prosthetics is GREAT.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth