Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Another summer topic! About Comets on Fire!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.02.2009, 01:46 PM   #21
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn Curtain
Comets on Fire remind me of The Stooges with Ron Asheton on guitar rather than the Grateful dead.

Yeah. Much as I have mixed feelings about Julian Cope, his description of Field Recording From The Sun as "RUBBER LEGS-period Stooges with Scott Thurston replaced by a Hollywood-sized vacuum cleaner" is pretty much bang on.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2009, 02:09 PM   #22
Kuwa_Slayne
bad moon rising

Kuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's asses
I remember listening to "Blue Cathedral" a few years ago when a buddy of mine stopped over to play some foosball. He was totally lit up when he arrived and continued drinking scotch the rest of the night. After "Blue Cathedral" was over he asked if I had any more live Mudhoney shit. I had to show him the cd sleeve to convince him otherwise. Then he got the three-mile stare, turned into a dick, and I had to kick his ass. Broke my coffee table.
Old 05.02.2009, 02:26 PM   #23
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
really dont like comets on fire..i have blue cathedral and played it maybe once and then its in some box on the bottom of a pile of other boxes of cds....
acid mothers temple....yeah , great but they have soooo much shit as well...
merzbow....genius.... worth exploring for sure...

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth