Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page I'm going to see (the) MELVINS this thursday
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.07.2006, 08:59 PM   #1
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
I'm going to see the Melvins for the first time this thursday & I would love to hear past Melvins show experiences. & BTW, I WILL be bootlegging the show.

Sonic Life
JDR
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2006, 11:33 PM   #2
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
one of the best live bands i've seen. i don't have any sweet stories about the show, though.
Old 11.08.2006, 03:55 AM   #4
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
^ yeah me too. in april 2007
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.08.2006, 07:01 AM   #5
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
Right on man! Have fun and don't get kicked out bootin the show.
I am going to see them for the first time in a couple of weeks. Can't fucking wait!

Thanks! I'll try my best not to get kicked out, but I couldn't live w/myself if I didn't at least try to boot the show. But, the venue I'm going to is just a small club that cares more about underage drinking than people recording live shows. & enjoy yr shows Kegmama & KB. :-)
-George Carlin
Old 11.08.2006, 09:21 AM   #6
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
I'll be seeing them at the ATP festival for the first time, I really want to record the melvins and dinosaur jr shows if I can.
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2006, 01:13 PM   #7
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Well, the day of reckoning is upon me dear friends. Wish me luck. (w/ the bootlegging that is)
-George Carlin
Old 11.11.2006, 09:06 PM   #8
TheFortifiedHooligan
empty page

TheFortifiedHooligan has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I get to see them this wednesday with big business...which is actually 1/2 of the melvins

i've seen them three times already...all i can say is they play for a really long time(which is awesome)they played all of lysol for an encore the last time they were here
TheFortifiedHooligan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.11.2006, 09:10 PM   #9
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Hey yeah, I saw Big Business to. Dale played guitar for a few songs, & he kicked ass. I just mentioned it in "what are you listening to?", but I'm listening to some audio clips I snagged from the show. a soundcheck & an early set. The early set sounds like shit except for the bantter that BuZZo had.
-George Carlin
Old 11.11.2006, 09:12 PM   #10
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Good news, there was a soundboard recording of the show, & I'm expecting it in a few days.
-George Carlin
Old 11.12.2006, 10:25 AM   #11
voided
bad moon rising

voided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's asses
first time i saw them was in 91 in Philly and was the first over 21 gig i ever saw. i remember them setting up and Dale standing on stage in his tightie whities underwear nailing a 2 x 4" to the stage in front of his kick drum.. his kit was all fucke up with chunks of metal bolted to the kick drum that he used as chimes and their amps looked all screwed up and homemade tube deals as well. they played basically all of Bullhead and some of lysol some of the tunes were so slow Dale rocked back and forth over his snare to keep time.. Joe Preston had his big hair pulled up into devil horns and i remember Buzz pulling a 9 volt battery from his pocket to rub them against his strings during one track.. just a totally unreal gig.. maybe best live band ever
voided is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2006, 10:32 AM   #12
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Great story voided! I've noticed BuZZo is quite the comic. Whenever he has a min to talk, he always says some funny shit.
-George Carlin
Old 11.12.2006, 10:56 AM   #13
voided
bad moon rising

voided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
Great story voided! I've noticed BuZZo is quite the comic. Whenever he has a min to talk, he always says some funny shit.

i did a pretty lengthy interview with him right around the time the first of the Trilogy CD's came out... he did talk some shit on some people made me laugh a good bit.. did a great job of calling bullshit bullshit.. i should get that up on my website had an interview in the same issue i think with Boris and Greenmachine of Japan around 99 i think?
Old 11.12.2006, 11:13 AM   #14
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by voided
... i should get that up on my website had an interview in the same issue i think with Boris and Greenmachine of Japan around 99 i think?

yes please!!! i want to read that!!!
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2006, 11:37 AM   #15
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

^: I 2nd that motion
-George Carlin
Old 11.12.2006, 11:54 AM   #16
voided
bad moon rising

it's pretty lengthy i'd have to retype the whole deal as i've lost the file but it's still a cool read even like 7 years after the fact.. i'll place it on the to-do list
Old 11.12.2006, 12:05 PM   #17
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Thanks voided!
-George Carlin
Old 11.12.2006, 12:12 PM   #18
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
yes man...or do another boris archive, a melvins archive and a greenmachine archive and include the interviews in the packaging.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth