Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Pavement: Wowee Zowee Sordid Sentinals Edition Out Now.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.07.2006, 02:47 PM   #1
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Its out if you're a Pavement fan.

not as good as the first 2 editions because of the depth and scope of the original wowee zowee lp in itself, which was nearly a double LP (or was it actually?), yet still interesting for what you get for the price of one cd.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2006, 02:55 PM   #2
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
I am eagerly awaiting for it to arrive at my mailbox with a poster+7".

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2006, 04:19 PM   #3
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
Theres already a thread on this, but yeah, I like it a lot. Listening to it now, actually. Can't wait for the Brighten the Corners reissue!

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2006, 06:54 PM   #4
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisemachine
Theres already a thread on this, but yeah, I like it a lot. Listening to it now, actually. Can't wait for the Brighten the Corners reissue!
not happening.

And i am sad. mY store wasn't abel to get me a7" or poster... but i did manage to snag a rather ripped promo poster off the counter. But on the extar extra syuff I'll be alright. I'm sure the live show will pop online somewhere soon enough.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2006, 09:26 PM   #5
Satisfied75
empty page

Satisfied75 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
i got this last week. good to have the outtakes and comp songs all on one disc. price was right too at 13 bucks.
Satisfied75 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2006, 10:37 PM   #6
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Pitchfork seems to be cumming on it already.
Old 11.08.2006, 01:08 AM   #7
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
I picked it up today. Still feeling it out. Zowee is not one of my Pavement faves however. it doesn't have as many real structured tunes, but rather lots of chopped up fragmented things. i know everyone loves it round here. i do too b/c its Pavement, but i wonder if a Brighten the Corners set is coming as well?

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.08.2006, 02:06 AM   #8
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
I would be surprised if they didn't do Brighten the Corners. Why stop at Wowee Zowee? Im sure there are tons of b-sides and extras from that era of the band. And even if there weren't enough to fill an entire two discs, they could easily just throw some extra live stuff on there and I would be just as happy.

Old 11.09.2006, 01:06 PM   #9
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
Yea--- but malkmus himself said that zowee was the last 'great' pave album and he didn't expect the last two to get a DE treatment. WHich doesn't discount it, but does suggest against.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Old 11.09.2006, 01:38 PM   #10
noisemachine
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey alex
Yea--- but malkmus himself said that zowee was the last 'great' pave album and he didn't expect the last two to get a DE treatment. WHich doesn't discount it, but does suggest against.
Interesting. I didnt hear that. But Im pretty sure Matador is pretty much in control of the reissues. Im sure they value what Malkmus has to say about the output of Pavement material, but if they thought they could make some money off some more reissues Im sure they would do it. Will be interesting if the two remaining albums get reissued.

Although its not my favorite I do really like BTC. Probably their most underrated album. All the songs on it are great. Terror Twilight is great too, although its probably my least favorite Pavement album.

Old 11.09.2006, 01:52 PM   #11
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Wowee is the best.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2006, 01:58 PM   #12
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
funny i just picked up westing by musket and sextant today instead of wowee reissue! next week ill get the wowees
Old 11.09.2006, 01:59 PM   #13
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey alex

wowee was the last great pavement album. the last 2 dont come near anything they did before..... ok go ahead and shoot me now!
Old 11.09.2006, 02:40 PM   #14
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
wowee was the last great pavement album. the last 2 dont come near anything they did before..... ok go ahead and shoot me now!

NO, HOLD YOUR FIRE! We're all Pavement fans, after all. Brighten is better tho, and this is Chex's list of faves:

1. Slanted
2. Crooked Rain,CR
3. Westing
4. Brighten the Corners
5. Wowee
6. Terror

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2006, 02:48 PM   #15
hey alex
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisemachine
Interesting. I didnt hear that. But Im pretty sure Matador is pretty much in control of the reissues. Im sure they value what Malkmus has to say about the output of Pavement material, but if they thought they could make some money off some more reissues Im sure they would do it. Will be interesting if the two remaining albums get reissued.

Although its not my favorite I do really like BTC. Probably their most underrated album. All the songs on it are great. Terror Twilight is great too, although its probably my least favorite Pavement album.
I heard it on pitchfork (yes i read that shit).I can't say if there was anything on matador's view, but in any case it would at least be a year or two til we really hear anything on a BTC reissue. It's nothing i wouldn't be intrested, and infact, it's the only way i'd buy BTC or terrow twilight. It's not that I consider them bad albums, but they don't stack up to the first 3 as well and cost about as much as the reissues. I also wouldn't expect anything stellar on the extras- i think a live show on disc 2 would be about as good asit got, which would be pretty cool.

Old 11.09.2006, 04:56 PM   #16
Intellivision
i'm a rotten little fuck

Intellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's asses
Crooked Rain,CR
Wowee
Brighten the Corners

Slanted
Westing
Terror
Intellivision is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2006, 04:56 PM   #17
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

to be honest my favourites go in order of release.. slanted to terror but the best one is the peel sessions, both on the slanted deluxe thing. i had a cd boot of them for years before they officially came out and i love it sooo much........

anyone remember gary youngs album plantman??? that was funny if not any good!
Old 11.09.2006, 04:57 PM   #18
Intellivision
i'm a rotten little fuck

Intellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
...the best one is the peel sessions...

Yes, that's the best they ever recorded from a live performance. Second best is probably the 4/23/94 Great American Music Hall in San Francisco with special guests sitting in on the set.
Intellivision is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2006, 10:17 AM   #19
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intellivision
Yes, that's the best they ever recorded from a live performance. Second best is probably the 4/23/94 Great American Music Hall in San Francisco with special guests sitting in on the set.
I was at that (early set) gig, there were no special guests unless you refer to Gary Young's opening bit...my memory isn't that foggy.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2006, 10:23 AM   #20
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
I've heard a rumour that there may be a partial Pavement reunion at the Nightmare Before Xmas ATP....!

Ibold and Malkmus will definitely be in the house... maybe a few others.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth