Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.17.2014, 03:14 PM   #4541
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

gum up what? it's an interesting, fun, classic latin-american style open game, more focused on scoring than in parking the bus. it's a back and forth thing, and it's very enjoyable so far.

Normally Brazil plays with a bit more finesse, this looks more like the way Mexico sits back around the goal and works on not stopping shot attempts, but simply blocking shots when they go down. Brazil's passing game isn't as sharp as it was against Croatia. Meanwhile Mexico's doing what they do. If you ask me both teams are just overbooting it, too much energy on the kick, and I've seen at least 6 shots on goal between both teams just sail right over the top of the goal post.

Quote:
blanco please…!

I'm just comparing the different approaches to sport. Futbol allows teams to hide their two-way weakness.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2014, 03:20 PM   #4542
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Basketball and headbands allows media darlings to hide their receding hairlines...

Old 06.17.2014, 03:35 PM   #4543
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Not parking the bus, meanwhile Brazil is outshooting Mexico 12-9, more glaringly 7-1 on goal... In what world is that a back and forth match??

Mexico isn't even playing a 4-2-2-2, they playing some kind of wild "pack the paint" where they have 6 even 8 defenders in front of the goal to get stops on every Brazilian attack, hence their 7 saves thus far.

If I'm Mexico I'm happy living with this game. If I'm Brazil I'm pissed..

Also, Rob, you're being childish. The WHOLE world already knows what Lebron's hairline looks like, and not like he hides it in his everyday life by wearing hats or shaving his head. The guy wears a headband like he ALWAYS has, to keep the sweat out of his face. How about being a good sport and celebrating the Spurs WITHOUT it coming at Lebron's expense? Or wait, are you feeling jealous because your precious Rockets attempt of a super team didn't quite work out as well as Miami's

Old 06.17.2014, 03:43 PM   #4544
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
childish like a motherfucker.

I hate all who stand opposed to my beloved Houston Rockets!

Fuck The Spurs too! While I admire their gameplay and talent (like I do BronBron) they can all go fuck themselves.

I am a die-hard HOMER. Fuck all y'alls teams! Fuck their stars! Fuck their whiny preening egos!
Old 06.17.2014, 03:45 PM   #4545
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

I am a die-hard HOMER. Fuck all y'alls teams! Fuck their stars! Fuck their whiny preening egos!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rob Instigator again.

You have Dwight Howard and James Harden, its not like y'all aint used to whiny preening egos or stars

Back to World Cup..

Mexico is showing up defensively. Brazil should be embarrassed.

Old 06.17.2014, 03:52 PM   #4546
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Mexico is a lucky strike away from fucking Brazil in the eye.

(BTW, I shuddered in disgust when we picked up Harden and Howard!)
Old 06.17.2014, 03:52 PM   #4547
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Straight up, this was one of the best 0-0 games I've ever seen.. Too bad Mexico was essentially playing to draw when they subbed out Peralta and Dos Santos, they had a shot at an almost easy goal to win it in injury time but they didn't have any guys down pitch to score they were so focused on stopping Brazil on the other end..

However, I think Mexico is happy with a draw.

Old 06.17.2014, 03:52 PM   #4548
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
uau. méxico played great. ochoa was incredible.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2014, 03:53 PM   #4549
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

will the russia/Korea match be any good?
Old 06.17.2014, 03:53 PM   #4550
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Patented "Cero a Cero" shit...

....told y'all

Old 06.17.2014, 03:54 PM   #4551
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Mexico played far better than in their first match that is for sure.
Old 06.17.2014, 03:54 PM   #4552
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
will the russia/Korea match be any good?

I think so, but we'll see..

Old 06.17.2014, 03:58 PM   #4553
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Mexico played far better than in their first match that is for sure.
miguel herrera has been a tremendous improvement over the hapless chepo de la torre.

if you see a no-neck beetle-man with a helmet haircut on the side of the pitch, that's him-- usually arguing with the ref.

Quote:
....told y'all

no team in this match was playing for a tie.
Old 06.17.2014, 04:03 PM   #4554
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
miguel herrera has been a tremendous improvement over the hapless chepo de la torre.

if you see a no-neck beetle-man with a helmet haircut on the side of the pitch, that's him-- usually arguing with the ref.

no team in this match was playing for a tie.

You're crazy. Were we even watching the same match??

Brazil out shot Mexico 3-1 on goal.. Mexico may have had 13 shots but 90% were terrible. It was clear by their formations that Mexico was playing to more so to stop Brazil than to make competent goals on offense. That being said, El Tri still had a chance to win it in injury time, which is saying something.

Old 06.17.2014, 04:13 PM   #4555
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
You're crazy. Were we even watching the same match??

Brazil out shot Mexico 3-1 on goal.. Mexico may have had 13 shots but 90% were terrible. It was clear by their formations that Mexico was playing to more so to stop Brazil than to make competent goals on offense. That being said, El Tri still had a chance to win it in injury time, which is saying something.
evidently we weren't.

OF COURSE mexico had to defend, i mean, what idiot wouldn't defend. and they defended well. but both during the first 15-20 minutes on the second half and again during the last minutes in the end mexico was heavily on the attack.

prior-- first 20 minutes of first half mexico sat back and absorbed. but soon they were going on the offensive and not as a single solitary attacker on a long ball but in triangulated team attacks. there was a lot of back and forth. and just because the brazilian attackers had more penetration it does not follow that mexico wasn't trying. that's a gross misreading/misinterpretation of stats.

i think you're confusing the fact that brazil was recovering balls in the midfield and had more penetration with the idea that mexico had no offensive proposition. two different things that might look the same to you, but really aren't.

the fact that herrera brought chicharito in late in the game speaks more to his intention of scoring and winning than any numerical reading of failed attacks.

the game was great precisely because mexico took on brazil as an equal.
Old 06.17.2014, 04:24 PM   #4556
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Fantastic game and greats saves by Ochoa. Missed the last 15 minutes because I had to come see mah docta....
Happy with that outcome though.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2014, 04:41 PM   #4557
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Mexico was on the attack, but their shots were wild and rushed, they never looked like they actually controlled the ball through their offense, even if they had the ball 48% of the time and took 13 shots. Brazil meanwhile even though they only had the ball 52% of the time, took consistently good shots and really, Mexico got THREE pointblank lucky saves. Brazil makes those shots and it finishes 3-0 would you say the same thing about this match? Either way, we can agree to disagree on this, but please don't come at me with your usual condescending attitude, I may not follow all your Euro teams, but one thing is certain, I am intimately aware of what and how Mexico plays

Old 06.17.2014, 04:52 PM   #4558
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
evidently we weren't.

OF COURSE mexico had to defend, i mean, what idiot wouldn't defend. and they defended well. but both during the first 15-20 minutes on the second half and again during the last minutes in the end mexico was heavily on the attack.

prior-- first 20 minutes of first half mexico sat back and absorbed. but soon they were going on the offensive and not as a single solitary attacker on a long ball but in triangulated team attacks. there was a lot of back and forth. and just because the brazilian attackers had more penetration it does not follow that mexico wasn't trying. that's a gross misreading/misinterpretation of stats.

i think you're confusing the fact that brazil was recovering balls in the midfield and had more penetration with the idea that mexico had no offensive proposition. two different things that might look the same to you, but really aren't.

the fact that herrera brought chicharito in late in the game speaks more to his intention of scoring and winning than any numerical reading of failed attacks.

the game was great precisely because mexico took on brazil as an equal.

Absolutely. Mexico defended really well but they weren't playing over defensively, and no way were they playing for a point, even towards the end. The big surprise for me is how sluggish Brazil are. I think they'll qualify out of their group but I've seen nothing so far to make me think they should be favourites for the trophy. Right now I wouldn't fancy their chances against Germany or Holland or even France or Italy. Argentina need to up their game too if they want to ensure this isn't the first Sth American WC won by a European side.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2014, 04:57 PM   #4559
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
The big surprise for me is how sluggish Brazil are.

That is where we disagree completely, what I saw was Brazil attacking like crazy with shots on goal and Mexico just shutting down several great opportunities for Brazil. I don't think Brazil was sluggish so much as slowed down.

Quote:
I think they'll qualify out of their group but I've seen nothing so far to make me think they should be favourites for the trophy.

Now to this we agree completely

Old 06.17.2014, 05:00 PM   #4560
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

for those who miss the vuvuzelas. 10 hours http://youtu.be/-E6ljLSOkbY

thanks to crypto for the link
178218225226227 228 229230231238278328 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth