Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Missoula Show
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.28.2006, 02:49 PM   #21
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
hey! I went to Missoula once, when I was in high school, I got roped into going to an international convention on th campus of the U of Montana for the episcopal church's high school youth groups. it was a fun trip.
we saw yellowstone at 3 in the morning, full moon, it was beautiful. the Univ was fun. I ate some episcopal chick from tennessee's chocha. listened to the ramones and sonic youth with episcopal kids from austria and...
Old 06.29.2006, 03:04 AM   #22
pao-lino
bad moon rising

pao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's assespao-lino kicks all y'all's asses
the rebel episcopals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthoftomorrow

and i actually live in the northern part of Idaho, where they don't grow potatoes.

I was quoting the evergreen b52's... I guess that song is quite stupid for a person living in idaho.
I liked Idaho a lot. I also have the magnetic state on my fridge.
d'you live near sandpoint? I liked that place. I slept there.
pao-lino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2006, 04:08 AM   #23
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pao-lino
the rebel episcopals!

I was quoting the evergreen b52's... I guess that song is quite stupid for a person living in idaho.
I liked Idaho a lot. I also have the magnetic state on my fridge.
d'you live near sandpoint? I liked that place. I slept there.

yes, i'm aware that you were quoting a B-52s songs. i have an mp3 of it on my comp.

and i believe that i addressed the Sandpoint issue earlier in the thread.
Old 06.29.2006, 02:24 PM   #24
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
ok, so the show is TONIGHT. i am FREAKING THE FUCK OUT.
Old 06.29.2006, 02:51 PM   #25
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
you know the drill...setlist pictures, report back here.
Old 06.29.2006, 03:08 PM   #26
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
uyes, report back here. tell us any neat stuff. tell us how you liked!
Old 06.30.2006, 02:26 PM   #27
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

alright.

i left my town at 5:30 yesterday and got into Missoula around 8. unfortunately, the show started at 8, Montana time. so i missed Awesome Color and the beginning of SY's set. i was PISSED. anyway, i didn't get a setlist because i'm not good at remembering crap like that, but i know that they played most of the new record along with a few oldies ("Eric's Trip" and "Schizoprenia" are the only ones i can recall at the moment). after the show (and two encores) my friend and i walked around to the back of the club and found SY's tour bus. we waited around for about an hour and met Thurston and Lee (Kim signed our tickets, but she made a quick exit and Steve had already left by the time we got back there). i talked to Thurston and Lee for about 10 minutes apiece (about guitars and the new record and a few other things; i said the dorkiest thing ever to Lee "Thanks for making Daydream Nation!"). then we came home. pretty fun night.
Old 06.30.2006, 02:29 PM   #28
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
alright.

(about guitars and the new record and a few other things; i said the dorkiest thing ever to Lee "Thanks for making Daydream Nation!"). then we came home. pretty fun night.

We all say dorky things. You should of said "thanks for making daycare nation" then that would've been cool.

What did lee say to that?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2006, 07:21 PM   #29
SuperSonicSpeedFreaks
empty page

SuperSonicSpeedFreaks has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
alright.

i left my town at 5:30 yesterday and got into Missoula around 8. unfortunately, the show started at 8, Montana time. so i missed Awesome Color and the beginning of SY's set. i was PISSED. anyway, i didn't get a setlist because i'm not good at remembering crap like that, but i know that they played most of the new record along with a few oldies ("Eric's Trip" and "Schizoprenia" are the only ones i can recall at the moment). after the show (and two encores) my friend and i walked around to the back of the club and found SY's tour bus. we waited around for about an hour and met Thurston and Lee (Kim signed our tickets, but she made a quick exit and Steve had already left by the time we got back there). i talked to Thurston and Lee for about 10 minutes apiece (about guitars and the new record and a few other things; i said the dorkiest thing ever to Lee "Thanks for making Daydream Nation!"). then we came home. pretty fun night.

I was waiting out back with my girlfriend as well, I think I remember you saying that. Were you the one in the band or something? Anyways, great show!
SuperSonicSpeedFreaks is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2006, 12:10 AM   #30
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSonicSpeedFreaks
I was waiting out back with my girlfriend as well, I think I remember you saying that. Were you the one in the band or something? Anyways, great show!

no, i wasn't in that band (although i did talk to them a bunch; they gave me their EP). i was the tall guy with the afro.
Old 07.01.2006, 12:11 AM   #31
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
We all say dorky things. You should of said "thanks for making daycare nation" then that would've been cool.

What did lee say to that?

Lee didn't really respond, he kinda just moved on to the next person. he went back to the bus shortly after that.
Old 07.01.2006, 02:26 AM   #32
SuperSonicSpeedFreaks
empty page

Quote:
no, i wasn't in that band (although i did talk to them a bunch; they gave me their EP). i was the tall guy with the afro.

Oh ok I remember you. Didn't those guys give Thurston their EP as well or something? Are you from Missoula or were you just here for the show?
Old 07.02.2006, 01:50 AM   #33
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSonicSpeedFreaks
Oh ok I remember you. Didn't those guys give Thurston their EP as well or something? Are you from Missoula or were you just here for the show?

yeah, they're a band from Spokane called the High Holies. they gave a copy of their EP to both Thurston and Lee (as well as me).

i'm not from Missoula, i live in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
Old 07.02.2006, 02:41 AM   #34
SuperSonicSpeedFreaks
empty page

Quote:
yeah, they're a band from Spokane called the High Holies. they gave a copy of their EP to both Thurston and Lee (as well as me).

i'm not from Missoula, i live in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.

Was their EP any good?
I'm from Missoula.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth