Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Moving house again
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.31.2007, 05:02 PM   #1
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
What a stress!Our landlord just informed us two days ago that our house is getting sold and we have to move further east(well,just round the corner but....).We have 2 weeks to pack our shit and i'm already a little stressed out about my records as they are the most difficult thing to move from place to place.On top of this he hardly speaks any english and we're all trying to find out if he understands us and we understand him.We just came back from seeing this house where a family live and are moving next week.Have you ever gone through a similar stressful situation?

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2007, 05:06 PM   #2
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
fucking shit! 2 weeks! that can't be legal!!

are you sure??

anyway it's funny but i'm moving tomorrow. i love the opportunity of going to a big new house with plenty of electricity and cheap internet because for over a year i've been living in the middle of nowhere in a solar-powered place that just does not let me play with my welder. and the prospect of satellite internet was glum. hence, this is most fucking welcome. decided a week ago, went out of town, came back to sign the lease and wham.

but of coure the old house remains so this cannot compare.

gack. are you sure you'll be kicked out? can't you fight back for an extension? bitch landlord!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2007, 05:09 PM   #3
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Thats no fun Pork.

At least you're not alone. Put that Russian to work! Переместите это!
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2007, 05:11 PM   #4
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Ah, the fun of London. I miss the chaos more often these days. I'm also moving soon, it'll be ace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2007, 05:12 PM   #5
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
He's re-housing us with the same company he works for.It's so confusing thinking about what's going on because,although he is a lovely guy,it's very hard to understand what's going on from him.Internet and stuff like that don't bother me so much as here we didn't pay bills and have free internet connection but i'm not sure what the bill situation will be in the new place as evrything is on the meter and he's already talked about raising the rent.Unless i move in with a friend and say goodbye to east london and commuting hell for a while.

Old 01.31.2007, 05:13 PM   #6
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
Thats no fun Pork.

At least you're not alone. Put that Russian to work! Переместите это!
Christina made me laugh because(the hygene queen that she is) she was most pleased with the more up-to-date washing machine.

Old 01.31.2007, 05:13 PM   #7
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
well if you "friend" is hot, hell yes!

oh wait. there's the question of sanity. is your friend sane? that's more important than hot in my experience. having to call the cops at 2am is never a good thing.
Old 01.31.2007, 05:15 PM   #8
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Sorry,i'm whinging as usual.

Old 01.31.2007, 05:17 PM   #9
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
I've totally been in similar situation Porky, I feel for you! I hate landlords. I hate renting. I will never be able to own my own house here in Cali though, I need to move back East or something...

Before moving into the house we are in now I was caught in a very nasty situation with my landlord, mostly due to the fact that he was my fucking boss! Long story short, my ex-boss was a realtor on side, he offered to help us buy a home. We found one we loved, moved in, fixed it up, put all sorts or money and effort into it, thinking we were there on like a rent-to-own basis. After just one year he decided to sell it out from under us. We had about a month to find another place, but moving sucks! Especially with kids. I quit that job and got a much better one, but still have to see that asshole on occasion... Anyway, good luck Porky!

holy ass i didn't know THAT was the job you quit.

and you had hesitations?

good quitting!!

now... you want me to meet the asshole with a hammer in some dark alley? i'll trotsky his ass!
Old 01.31.2007, 05:19 PM   #10
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
i bought my current home last april, its my 2nd bought home. ive moved 9 times in total and its sheer hell. by the way porky. if u pay yr rent monthly, legally they have to give you a weeks notice also they cant get rid of you mid lease, if u havent a lease then tough shit im afraid. at least thats irish law.....

moving out sucks but moving in is a great thrill, unless you are moving into a shithole with shitheads, ive been there too!
Old 01.31.2007, 05:19 PM   #11
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
I've totally been in similar situation Porky, I feel for you! I hate landlords. I hate renting. I will never be able to own my own house here in Cali though, I need to move back East or something...

Before moving into the house we are in now I was caught in a very nasty situation with my landlord, mostly due to the fact that he was my fucking boss! Long story short, my ex-boss was a realtor on side, he offered to help us buy a home. We found one we loved, moved in, fixed it up, put all sorts or money and effort into it, thinking we were there on like a rent-to-own basis. After just one year he decided to sell it out from under us. We had about a month to find another place, but moving sucks! Especially with kids. I quit that job and got a much better one, but still have to see that asshole on occasion... Anyway, good luck Porky!
Thanks.What bugs me is that a couple of months ago the owner of the house came in to have a look of the place and a previous tennent told me that he was thinking of selling.When i've asked Tony(our landlord) he said not to worry because it wasn't happening until October.And then we get this.As i said,he's a nice guy but tonight i feel like strangling him.

Old 01.31.2007, 05:21 PM   #12
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
i bought my current home last april, its my 2nd bought home. ive moved 9 times in total and its sheer hell. by the way porky. if u pay yr rent monthly, legally they have to give you a weeks notice also they cant get rid of you mid lease, if u havent a lease then tough shit im afraid. at least thats irish law.....

moving out sucks but moving in is a great thrill, unless you are moving into a shithole with shitheads, ive been there too!
Yeah but we all paid a two-weeks deposit.The two guys who live next to my room are already getting stoned heavily.This is gonna be fun.For now.

Old 01.31.2007, 05:23 PM   #13
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
It's horrible that you have to mov so quickly, but maybe you'll see a little less trouble in the street you're moving to. I hope it all goes well.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2007, 05:24 PM   #14
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i have to say i feel like a veteran mover among you guys. im not trying to boast, as moving is hell, but my parents moved 12 times in their first 12 years of marriage. after i moved out of their last place, i move in average once every 2 years, mostly because a) different countries/cities/budgets b) crazy girlfriends, and now c) lack of space/electricity/internet. yes, moving sucks but its a good occasion to get rid of useless junk. i'm still expecting to move a lot because i don't want to stay in this town and i want to own a house. so ha ha i gotta get used to it.

but 2 weeks notice really sucks balls.

porks, tell us more about your friend. he he. cmon-- confess.
Old 01.31.2007, 05:24 PM   #15
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
well if you "friend" is hot, hell yes!

oh wait. there's the question of sanity. is your friend sane? that's more important than hot in my experience. having to call the cops at 2am is never a good thing.
He's my ex-boyfriend and my bestest friend in the world.

Old 01.31.2007, 05:26 PM   #16
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i have to say i feel like a veteran mover among you guys. im not trying to boast, as moving is hell, but my parents moved 12 times in their first 12 years of marriage. after i moved out of their last place, i move in average once every 2 years, mostly because a) different countries/cities/budgets b) crazy girlfriends, and now c) lack of space/electricity/internet. yes, moving sucks but its a good occasion to get rid of useless junk. i'm still expecting to move a lot because i don't want to stay in this town and i want to own a house. so ha ha i gotta get used to it.

but 2 weeks notice really sucks balls.

porks, tell us more about your friend. he he. cmon-- confess.
This is the 18th time i move house.I'm a gipsy.I moved house all my life and that's what is starting take a toll on me.

Old 01.31.2007, 05:26 PM   #17
compulsive diarrhea, jico
100%

compulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's asses
yeah i'm in the middle of some gipsy activity too,

i thought that i was about to move out of this apartment this week, more specifically today but the construction works in the house are not over yet.

good luck with your moving pork
compulsive diarrhea, jico is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2007, 05:26 PM   #18
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras

ooooohhhh... the plot thickens...

if you guys can get along without getting jealous of new boyfriends sounds like it could be a good thing. if on the other hand passions re-ignite, well, make sure to keep notes, it could make excellent material for a play.
Old 01.31.2007, 05:27 PM   #19
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras

If I've met him then he is both hot and utterly wonderful. I'd do him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2007, 05:31 PM   #20
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
If I've met him then he is both hot and utterly wonderful. I'd do him.
That's sweet of you to say especially as he is very very down at the moment.Terrible year but wonderful person,if you get what i mean.To change the subject a bit,i have some wonderful,deeply sweet,caring,intelligent friends so i suppose i should shut the fuck up a bit.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth