Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page New Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.23.2013, 09:21 AM   #41
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Maybe you should listen to I'm Stranded by the saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
It's this "Ed Kuepper" guy.

Listening to shows from DIG LAZ DIG tour, I thought something was off with the guitars. Same with the new shows.

It's this guy, I figured out.

I mean, it's not like he's total shit. I just don't think he belongs in this band. He detracts more than he contributes.

Blixa can play only a few notes and be perfect.
This guy can play through the whole song and add nothing.

That's all.

A weird complaint, I guess.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2013, 11:06 AM   #42
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Huh. I didn't research.

Yeah, I've heard that song plenty of times, and a few other early Saints things. What that band requires and what the Seeds require are two different things.

I dunno. The band can survive without Blixa. But without Mick Harvey? I dunno. I think it becomes something else at that point.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2013, 12:03 PM   #43
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Warren Ellis is incredible and I wont let a bad word be said about him.
I agree fully. I think it´s very much Ellis who has made both Grinderman-albums and last two Bad Seeds-albums so great! I think Ellis is as important to Cave as Blixa & Harvey has been before.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2017, 06:24 PM   #44
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Am I in this thread? I know I frequented another Nick Cave/Bad Seeds thread around the time Skeleton Tree came out. Or maybe that was just the "best new/most anticipated" thread, during a particularly Bad Seedy period. I don't know. Whatever it was it was more recent than 2013.

I love Nick Cave. I love the Birthday Party. Grinderman. Nick solo or with Warren Ellis. Love Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds the most though. Don't listen to him as often as I once did, but there was a time I thought Nick Cave was pretty much the perfect rock artist, and the Bad Seeds the perfect rock band.

Like evil Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

Not that Tom Petty is the perfect anything, but he does kind of have an idyllic mainstream rock radio sound. If zombies attacked and killed Tom Petty and the Heartvreakers, and they came back to life as zombies themselves, I'll bet they'd sound like Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

I'm sick with an abscessed tooth, so I have plenty of time for bullshit thoughts like the one I just shared. You're welcome
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2017, 05:13 PM   #45
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
The agony is just starting to abate on the abscess btw. I spent two weeks in hell because of one shitty dentist not being able or willing to say there was an infection in a tooth he'd worked on. I kinda want to sue his ass.

Anyway, NICK CAVE!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth