Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Are you a true 90's Kid?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.11.2007, 05:52 PM   #1
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Hey this doesn't really count if you were a Teenager during the 90's you have to be a kid to appreciate this: If the 90's means Nirvana, Pavement, Sonic Youth and Radiohead to you this is the wrong quiz!

You know you're a BRITISH 90's kid if...

1. You can sing the rap to "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air".
2. You remember when it was actually worth getting up on a Saturday morning to watch Live&Kicking (you know the number - 0181 811 8181!) or SM:TV.
3. You had a huge fringe at some point in your childhood.
4. You remember reading and watching "Goosebumps".
5. You took plastic cartoon lunchboxes to school.
6. You remember the craze of YoYo's and Tamagotchis (and the subsequent banning of them in school).
7. You still get the urge to say "Not" after every sentence. Not.
8. You knew that Kimberley, the Pink Ranger, and Tommy, the Green Ranger, were meant to be. <3
9. You collected Pokémon cards.
10. You played and/or collected Pogs.
11. You had a weird alien that lived in gooey stuff in a plastic 'pod' and thought that if you stuck 2 back to back they would have a baby!
12. You watched the original Postman Pat, Fireman Sam and Ninja Turtles (back in the day when they were 'Hero' Turtles).
13. You remember when the new Beenie Babies were always sold out.
14. You got your mum to buy 'BN' buscuits.
15. You used to wear those stick on earings, not only on your ears but at the corners of your eyes.
16. You know the Macarena by heart and Saturday Night too.
17. "Talk to the hand".
18. You remember the time before Literacy and Numeracy hour existed.
19. You thought that Brain from "Pinkey and the Brain" actually could take over the world.
20. You remember Bum Bags, they weren't even cool then.
21. You always wanted to be on Fun House.
22. You collected Tazos.
23. 2 words, Spice Girls.
24. "Clarissa Explains It All" and "Saved By The Bell" were your favourite shows.
25. You wore as many shag bands as you could fit on your arm.
26. You remember Robbie leaving and Take That splitting up :'(
27. You wanted lights in your trainers like the cool kids.
28. Nintendo was replaced by Super Nintendo (sorry but the Princess in in another castle).
29. Computer screens were black (or green) with white writing.
30. Disney, Coke and MacDonalds ruled the world.
31. You thought that "South Park" was hillarious even if you didn't get half the jokes.
32. You had a Nokia 3310 (or really wanted one).
33. Michael Jackson was weird but still respected for his music.
34. All the boys had their hair in 'curtains'.
35. Nickelodeon was cool.
36. The Chuckle Brothers were not.
37. "Wax on, Wax off." Need i say more?
38. You wore Addidas 3 stripe joggers or poppers.
39. Nike Air Max and Reebok Classics were 'must have' trainers (and Kickers for school).
40. Girls thought blue mascara looked good.
41. Girls thought hair mascara looked good.
42. You remember Mr. Motivator.
43. You had scrunchies in every colour and hair bands with your name on it in glitter.
44. You bought Smash Hits Magazine for the song lyrics.
45. Everyone owned something from NafNaf or Fruit Of The Loom (probably in grey).
46. You ate Spicy Tomato flavour Space Raiders (and they were only 10p!).
47. Tammy Girl was where we got our cool clothes.
48. Good Saturday evening telly consisted of "Gladiators", "Catchphrase" and "Noel's House Party".
49. You loved CKone.
50. It's PJ and Duncan not Ant and Dec.
51. Everyone ate Fruit Salads and Black Jacks.
52. Chris Evans presented everything.
53. You had at least one Troll.
54. You had / wanted / hated Furbys.
55. You remember that "Hooch" was the original alcopop.
56. You taped the Pepsi Chart Show.
57. "I know you are, you said you are, but what am I then?" was the answer to all insults.
58. You shouted "LEG IT!" when running away from something.
59. You wore jelly shoes.
60. You loved "Knightmare" and "The Crystal Maze" (which are now repeated on Challege TV!).
61. You were always singing the theme tune to "Round The Twist".
62. They will ALWAYS be Opal Fruits, not Starbursts.
63. You had a million gel pens.
64. You watched "The Poddington Peas".
65. You remember classic Levi's ads such as "Spaceman" and "Flat Eric".
66. "If you like a lot of chocolate on your buscuit join our Club".
67. You remember the craze of Sratch and Sniff
Old 04.11.2007, 05:58 PM   #2
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washing Machine
You know you're a BRITISH 90's kid if...

6. You remember the craze of YoYo's.
51. Everyone ate Fruit Salads and Black Jacks.
59. You wore jelly shoes.
62. They will ALWAYS be Opal Fruits, not Starbursts.
66. "If you like a lot of chocolate on your buscuit join our Club".

I remember all of these from my childhood in the 70's.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2007, 06:01 PM   #3
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
You Britons are surely weird.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2007, 06:03 PM   #4
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
haha I dont care what anyone says the Spice Girls were the only post Phil Spector girl group worth listening to. I know people on here love Girls Aloud and the Sugababes but its all about the Spice Girls for me.
Old 04.11.2007, 06:05 PM   #5
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
got most of the first half and very few of the second. most be dumb british stuff.
Old 04.11.2007, 06:06 PM   #6
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
that list may be for brits, but fuck i remember too much of that
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2007, 06:24 PM   #7
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I remember ALL OF IT!

Especially those headbands. I remember a girl in my school had one that had somebody else's name on it. She was you know, touched in the head.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2007, 06:27 PM   #8
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I still have 3310, which by the way came in 2000.

Wait, none of us care.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2007, 06:27 PM   #9
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

1. You can sing the rap to "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air".
4. You remember reading and watching "Goosebumps". Never liked them
5. You took plastic cartoon lunchboxes to school.
6. You remember the craze of YoYo's and Tamagotchis (and the subsequent banning of them in school).
7. You still get the urge to say "Not" after every sentence. Not.
10. You played and/or collected Pogs.
12. You watched the original Ninja Turtles (back in the day when they were 'Hero' Turtles).
15. You used to wear those stick on earings, not only on your ears but at the corners of your eyes.
16. You know the Macarena by heart and Saturday Night too.
17. "Talk to the hand".
19. You thought that Brain from "Pinkey and the Brain" actually could take over the world.
21. You always wanted to be on Fun House. -never wanted to be in that-
22. You collected Tazos. -i stll collect them-
23. 2 words, Spice Girls.
24. "Clarissa Explains It All" and "Saved By The Bell" were your favourite shows.
26. You remember Robbie leaving and Take That splitting up :'(
27. You wanted lights in your trainers like the cool kids. -NEVER!-
28. Nintendo was replaced by Super Nintendo (sorry but the Princess in in another castle).
29. Computer screens were black (or green) with white writing.
30. Disney, Coke and MacDonalds ruled the world.-and that has changed since then, right?
31. You thought that "South Park" was hillarious even if you didn't get half the jokes.
34. All the boys had their hair in 'curtains'.
35. Nickelodeon was cool.
37. "Wax on, Wax off." Need i say more?
42. You remember Mr. Motivator.
43. You had scrunchies in every colour and hair bands with your name on it in glitter.
45. Everyone owned something from NafNaf or Fruit Of The Loom (probably in grey).
49. You loved CKone.-agh, never-
53. You had at least one Troll.
54. You hated Furbys.
56. You taped the Pepsi Chart Show.
57. "I know you are, you said you are, but what am I then?" was the answer to all insults.
63. You had a million gel pens.
64. You watched "The Poddington Peas".
67. You remember the craze of Sratch and Sniff

that's what i remember.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2007, 06:30 PM   #10
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

the list leaves out one important influence on every kid in the 90's Mr Blobby!

BLOBBY, BLOBBY. BLOBBY!
Old 04.11.2007, 06:30 PM   #11
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
It mentioned Noel Edmonds.

Mr. Blobby was a nob.
Old 04.11.2007, 06:33 PM   #12
Cardinal Rob
the destroyed room

Cardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's assesCardinal Rob kicks all y'all's asses
Heh, I scored 32.

Cardinal Rob is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2007, 06:34 PM   #13
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Pickachu I choose you.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2007, 06:35 PM   #14
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
It mentioned Noel Edmonds.

Mr. Blobby was a nob.

haha yeah

he was a walking dick
Old 04.11.2007, 06:35 PM   #15
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
I remember like... 1/4 of this... you Britons are fucked/posers.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2007, 06:35 PM   #16
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

They still sell Space Raiders, and they're still ten pence. Only two flavours now though..
Old 04.11.2007, 07:44 PM   #17
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
Pogs.

wow. it's been too long.
Old 04.11.2007, 07:46 PM   #18
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
for 24- clarissa is still THE BEST SHOW EVER. does anyone remember the one where ferguson ran for president?

15- hah, my friends and i (this is.. kindergarten) would create krazy-with-a-k designs for our face. i liked making butterflies on my cheek.
Old 04.11.2007, 07:47 PM   #19
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
68. you remember when radiohead, beck and flaming lips were considered one hit wonders
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2007, 08:02 PM   #20
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegmscope
I still have 3310, which by the way came in 2000.

Wait, none of us care.
My mom had one but I considered it mine.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth