Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are you playing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.07.2010, 06:56 PM   #2301
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I have a question... how do GBA games like Warioware (with its "title" feature built into the cartridge), Boktai 1 and 2 (with the solar power built into the cartridge), and Drill Dozer (with a VIBRATION feature built into the cartridge) work on the GBA/Gamecube connectivity thing?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I mean the add-on that snaps onto your Cube where you can play GBA games on your tv. I imagine Warioware is impossible, since it actually senses you turning the GBA around and around (though I guess you could just turn your Cube around?!).. Boktai might be possible, if you keep your Cube near a window. I wonder about Drill Dozer.. will it make your Gamecube shake?!

Anyway, I really wnat to play this:

they work technically but not practically. You can load up Kirby Tilt N Tumble, but the sensor is backwards/upsidedown on the GBA. And you'd have to literrally pick up the Cube to play it. Same with Twisted. Stupid. Boktai will load on the Cube, but it doesn't seem to like lamps so unless yr Cube is outside, yr fucked.
Old 09.07.2010, 07:05 PM   #2302
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
^^^ THanks, figured as much. REALLY curious about Drill Dozer; with the rumble, I wonder if it'd make my cube shake!

Also, IN MY OPINION, no Metal Gear Solid is best anything of all time, though the first one was certainly mindblowing, in a way, for the time. Hideo Kojima is brilliant, but those interactive movies are seriously flawed. MGS2 is one of the worst games ever made.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2010, 07:08 PM   #2303
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
You can use a black light for Boktai if you really wanted to play it on the GB player.

PS: lol @ playing Kirby Tilt 'N Tumble by moving the GC around.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2010, 07:09 PM   #2304
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
but those interactive movies are seriously flawed.

lolwut?
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2010, 08:56 PM   #2305
Murmer99
stalker

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
Does anyone know if "Bioshock" was any good? i never played it.. but i heard it was amazing.
Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 06:19 AM   #2306
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
lolwut?

Well, if not interactive movie, then "cinematic game"? Means pretty much the same thing, I think.. Run to a place, cue a 45 minute cut scene, talk on a codec, do a few "puzzles", sneak past a few guys (by this point, you've probably talked on a codec 4 or 5 times), cue another loooooooong cut scene, talk on a codec, run around, trigger something ridiculous, etc. On and on. 10 hour games consist of 3-4 hours of cinemas, a good 3 hours of "Sneaking" around (which I didn't bother with half the time... run up and break the guard's neck, or just run past 'em). Clunky control, AWFUL camera (finally fixed in MGS3: Subsistence), etc. I've played through all of them (didn't finish 4, since I don't own a PS3, but I played a lot of it, more of that in a sec), though, mainly because I like Kojima. I like Snatcher and Policenauts and Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner. I like a lot of what he's going for -- he's clever as hell. But really, MGS2 is TERRIBLE, maybe the most boring game I've ever played, the first MGS is a bit unplayable now (and the Cube version is broken; "here, let's implement first person shooting in all the boss battles -- BUT let's not introduce any new play mechanics in the bosses! that way, they'll be so easy you can end EVERY BOSS BATTLE in 3 seconds!"), MGS3: Subsistence is probably the best. I borrowed a friend's PS3 just to play through 4, got near the end and just shut it off. It was... about on the par with 3... with WOW! BANG! POP! CINEMASSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The interesting thing is, if you plug in Metal Gear Solid for the GBA, it's one of the best games ever made. ...uh, anyway.. I like the "oh shit, psycho mantis is reading my memory card!" and the "oh man! The secret codec on the BOX -- HEE, HEE, IT'S MY GAME CASE!!!!" Let's not forget the classic "I'm going to kill the end and never see him later! .... oh fuck, didn't get to in that first cinema, SO I'm going to set my ps2 forward a few years to kill him. Fuck that guy, hee hee!!!" I guess I kinda enjoy the wacked-out cinema, but I do honestly think the only worth those games have going for them are for the wacky, inventive little things like I just mentioned. So, yeah, I like Kojima, not so much the MGS games, but eh.

....As for Bioshock, I also borrowed that before (the PS3 version) and found it atmospheric and somewhat fun... really, the game is all about the atmosphere.. it won all kinds of awards, even though there were 50 DS games released daily back then that were better than Bioshock... either way! I don't like first person shooters at all and I still found it enjoyable, for what I played of it. It was extremely easy though.

Old 09.08.2010, 06:27 AM   #2307
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

^Midway through writing the above message, I went and helped a bird who had flown onto my screened-in porch and was trapped and running around. I picked him up gently and sent him flying back into the woods.

Old 09.08.2010, 06:27 AM   #2308
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

That was my good deed for the day.

Old 09.08.2010, 06:27 AM   #2309
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Maybe the year.

Old 09.08.2010, 06:29 AM   #2310
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Anyway, while waiting for movies to download and burn, I've been playing this again

I remember how much this game blew my fucking mind 3 years ago. Now? Not so much. Oh, it's still a cool game, but Leon's aiming feels shakey at and unresponsive, at times they throw way too many enemies at you (which are all idiots, but one attack by them will kill you or get you close it) and not enough ammo -- UNTIL LATER, when the game becomes so easy it's broken. The final boss can be beaten with your fucking knife in like 30 seconds, what a joke. I remember this game being hailed for being the "only game with a buddy mechanic that wasn't annoying." Eh, I didn't really like protecting Ashley for nearly the whole game. Just seemed like a way to artificially lengthen, or "deepen", the play experience... it was usually quite easy, I think she only got nabbed one time, but it was still kinda annoying when 65% of the game, you have to worry about her. As far as the only game with a buddy mechanic that isn't annoying -- ICO came 4 years early, and is 40000x better, and nearly the entire game has a "buddy mechanic". In fact, ICO is by far the best game of last-gen, bar none. Maybe Disgaea comes close.

Anyway, RE4 is a classic game, though. No tank controls! It's fun and it's a nice experience, the atmosphere on the early wooded levels is probably the best ever, and the cheesy ass story is ... cheesy ass. Great game!

I think I will play this later, though:

Old 09.08.2010, 07:34 AM   #2311
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
RE4 is amazing. I love it. I love the lack of tank. Ther'es a momentum to the game that feels like a train hurdling down a track. It's awesome. And just fun. And there's some great scenes (the "sea monster" or the first time a tentacle comes out of a neck-hole, etc)

my 2 favorite s of the series are RE4 and the Gamecube remake of RE1. They are polar opposites, but are the two most perfected games of the series.
Old 09.08.2010, 01:59 PM   #2312
Murmer99
stalker

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
so far... MGS4 is decent. as said before theres way too many cut scenes and they're fuckin long.. i think there's probably more "movie" scenes in it than there is gameplay. but it's kinda fun. i don't think i could say one of the best games ever.

i haven't really played video games much.. in nearly a year. i go through certain phases with video games. I'll get into a few of them and play for maybe 3 or 4 months. then i won't even want to look at a video game for a long time.
Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 02:06 PM   #2313
viewtiful alan redux
the destroyed room

viewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's asses
I started Final Fantasy 13 while i'm finishing Bionic Commando... I'm an hour in and so far I don't feel as compelled as I want to. With the other games I could pay 2-3 h ours in my first sitting.. this one I had no problem putting it down.
Old 09.08.2010, 02:14 PM   #2314
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Man, I just am done with Final Fantasy games. I love 4, 5, 6, 7, and 9. But all the rest are pretty meh. 12 is one of the worst games I've ever played... kinda sad, but what do you expect when the lead programmer/director of the project is hospitalized from exhaustion from working overtime on the project, and the guy who made the SaGa games stepped in, in place of him (and as well know, the SaGa games are terrible!)?

np:

Old 09.08.2010, 03:05 PM   #2315
noisereductions
invito al cielo

SaGa games are terrible??? I loved the Final Fantasy Legends.
Old 09.08.2010, 03:23 PM   #2316
brak's dad
empty page

brak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's assesbrak's dad kicks all y'all's asses
ShI have been competing in various staring contests with those in my house, and have conquered them all. Haha! They too will sleep in the lawn with ann ashtray and the other single celled organisms.
brak's dad is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 04:29 PM   #2317
viewtiful alan redux
the destroyed room

viewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's asses
A "project justice" arcade machine.
Classic extremely difficult Capcom fighting game... also the plot (yes, there are cutscenes in the arcade game) makes no fucking sense.. not at all
Old 09.08.2010, 05:14 PM   #2318
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I've never gotten around to playing ICO. I'll try it out when I get my new PS2 in about a week or so. Power Justice looks pretty cool too, I'll burn myself a copy for DC.

RE4 and Robocop vs. Terminator both kick major ass though. I love that gun in RvT where you can steer all of the bullets. It's a cheap tactic to pwn the game, but extremely fun nonetheless.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2010, 05:25 PM   #2319
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Well, if not interactive movie, then "cinematic game"?......

OH! I thought you were talkin' about the cutscenes alone. Yeah....I'm not really bothered by long cutscenes. I get sucked into the story hence why it's one of my favorite franchises.

and while MGS2 is the worst in the series, I still enjoy it. Raiden is a pussy, but the story is still somewhat interesting.
Old 09.08.2010, 05:27 PM   #2320
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
so far... MGS4 is decent. as said before theres way too many cut scenes and they're fuckin long.. i think there's probably more "movie" scenes in it than there is gameplay.

there IS more movie than gameplay in MGS4. it took me 17:17:17(seriously) to beat it and honestly, about 6 of those hours are gameplay.

and yes. Gameplay in this game is fuckin' awesome...but once again..short (like the rest of the MGS series)
66106113114115 116 117118119126166216 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth