Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page top 30 records of 08 at this point...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.17.2008, 09:00 PM   #161
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
im reeeally looking forward to this new deerhoof business...it might be the only thing that will top krallice for me...oh yeah, i thought earth-the bees made honey in the lions skull was good as well
chairman of the bored is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2008, 10:35 PM   #162
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
im reeeally looking forward to this new deerhoof business...it might be the only thing that will top krallice for me...oh yeah, i thought earth-the bees made honey in the lions skull was good as well

the new earth is SOOOOOOO good to get stoned too. i woke up at my friends' place after partying all night too early, luckily i had my ipod with me, and i threw on the new earth, amazing, tripped out and laid back and breathtaking, especially the string arangements. as great as early drone earth was, gotta give it to dylan for taking this new direction seriously.

i duno if i could pick a favorite record of the year at this point. kylie minoise fucking hates/loves you might be there, shishou no fune is amazing. im still thinking that when the to live and shave in la/kevin drumm release comes out, itll easily be my favorite of the year. who knows though. i also really really love the weasel walter free jazz records hes been releasing with various lineups, in the tradition of the most dissonant/harmolodic free jazz, but with weasel's satanic black metal/no wave leanings. ill let you know at the end of the year.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2008, 10:36 PM   #163
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
like i said before though, my real albums of the year are dylan and the band's basement tapes and game theory's lolita nation. those are what ive lisened to way more than anything.

listen to pink reason
Old 09.18.2008, 03:44 AM   #164
Poor Immigrant
empty page

Poor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's assesPoor Immigrant kicks all y'all's asses
The Hold Steady - Stay Positive
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!
Okkervil River - The Stand Ins
Drive-by Truckers - Brighters Than Creations Dark
Sun Kil Moon - April
Fleet Foxes - Self Titles + Sun Giant EP
Bonnie ´Prince´ Billy - Lie Down in The Light
No Age - Nouns

Are the stuff I liked the most, so far!
Old 09.18.2008, 04:18 AM   #165
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Zazen Boys rule. This is all I've been listening to. "HENTAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!"

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2008, 04:06 PM   #166
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
everyone seemed to have forgotten the mudhoney new one...

im loving it....

zazen boys is fucking great adam!
Old 09.18.2008, 09:44 PM   #167
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
mudhoney? did they release superfuzz this year? then yeah, fucking great record!!

i'm finishing my 2007 list.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2008, 06:01 AM   #168
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I forgot residents - bunny boy and islands - arms way on my list!!!!!!!!

Time to re-edit..

Old 09.19.2008, 07:07 PM   #169
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Yeah, I'm frankly amazed that there are 30 albums released this year that are worth owning, let alone ranking in a top 30.

When you guys realize in 10-15 years that 2007-2008 was a halcyon age for underground records (and the best one in almost 30 years), you'll wish you weren't listening to the same dead bands from decades ago while you were young.

My list so far...

Agent Side Grinder self-titled
Billy Bao The Dialectics of Shit
Blank Dogs On Two Sides
Cave Hunt Like Devil/JAMZ
Cheveu self-titled
Danava UnonoU
Davila 666 self-titled
Dead Science Villainaire
Dead Western Soften Your Screams into Sings
Doxa Sinistra Conveyor Belt
Eat Skull Sick to Death
Evangelista Hello, Voyager
Eddy Current Suppression Ring Primary Colours
Goslings Occasion
Hank IV Refuge in Genre
Hospitals Hairdryer Peace
Mattress Heavy Duty
Melchior, Dan und Das Menace Christmas for the Crows
NoBunny Love Visions
Nothing People Anonymous
Pocahaunted/Christina Carter split LP
Pumice Quo
Pyha The Haunted House
Russian Tsarlag / Blue Shift split LP
Sexy Prison Filth Flarn Filth
Silentist self-titled
Thee Oh Sees The Master Bedroom...
Wax Museums self-titled
v/a: Emergency Room vol 1
v/a: Festival der Genialen Dissidenten

If you want 7" releases, I could probably drop 50 really easy...and then it would be a touch choice to whittle it to 30.
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2008, 07:24 PM   #170
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Pumice... nice!
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2008, 10:09 AM   #171
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
pocahaunted... there is a band i havent given any time to at all.. must check em out..
Old 09.20.2008, 11:01 AM   #172
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

DJ Rick rules. Finally someone else with a list that isn't the same old shit.

That Hospitals record didn't do anything for me.

Old 09.20.2008, 11:43 AM   #173
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Rick
When you guys realize in 10-15 years that 2007-2008 was a halcyon age for underground records (and the best one in almost 30 years), you'll wish you weren't listening to the same dead bands from decades ago while you were young.

Yes!! I could not agree more with you. We are living a great musical period, especially since 2004 I'd say, people complaining about how "there's nothing new and nothing good in the musical production these days" make me laugh. I mean, they don't even know what they're talking about. I don't see how, because you're in the 80's or in the 00's, there should be less creativity
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2008, 12:13 PM   #174
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Rick

My list so far...

Agent Side Grinder self-titled
Billy Bao The Dialectics of Shit
Blank Dogs On Two Sides
Cave Hunt Like Devil/JAMZ
Cheveu self-titled
Danava UnonoU
Davila 666 self-titled
Dead Science Villainaire
Dead Western Soften Your Screams into Sings
Doxa Sinistra Conveyor Belt
Eat Skull Sick to Death
Evangelista Hello, Voyager
Eddy Current Suppression Ring Primary Colours
Goslings Occasion
Hank IV Refuge in Genre
Hospitals Hairdryer Peace
Mattress Heavy Duty
Melchior, Dan und Das Menace Christmas for the Crows
NoBunny Love Visions
Nothing People Anonymous
Pocahaunted/Christina Carter split LP
Pumice Quo
Pyha The Haunted House
Russian Tsarlag / Blue Shift split LP
Sexy Prison Filth Flarn Filth
Silentist self-titled
Thee Oh Sees The Master Bedroom...
Wax Museums self-titled
v/a: Emergency Room vol 1
v/a: Festival der Genialen Dissidenten

If you want 7" releases, I could probably drop 50 really easy...and then it would be a touch choice to whittle it to 30.

havnt heard a lot of those (obviousl6 mr rick hears more new music than me) but the ones i do know are all on my list. eat skull-sick to death is on my headphones now, theyre my favorite rock band right now along with pink reason. the new hospitals record is fucking amazing too, dead western is something i need to check out, and billy bao is fucking amazing.

one thing we all seem to be looking over is the new black pus record. chippendale is the gnarliest musician alive, and listening to him destroy his drum set, and make devasating electronic noise and vocal distortion and occasional saxophone ALL BY HIMSELF. better than lightning bolt. ok, not better than lightning bolt, but definitley better than mindflayer.

listen to pink reason
Old 09.20.2008, 12:17 PM   #175
batreleaser
invito al cielo

o and i totally agree this and last year have been incredible for wierd punk/rock, noise, jazz, pretty much underground music is amazing right now. but still, its very hard to keep up with all this amnazing stuff. there's been times when ive considered totally dropping out of music and listening to 'the basement tapes', 'white light white heat', 'fun house', and 'axis: bold as love" for the rest of my life, but music is my life and i know i could never ever fucking leave it. ive lost friends by popping in to live and shave in la on my car stereo and freaking people out, haha. but all these people bitching saying there's no good music, youre going to the wrong fucking record stores, i say if you cant keep up with the game dont fucking play.

listen to pink reason
Old 09.20.2008, 12:17 PM   #176
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
DJ Rick rules. Finally someone else with a list that isn't the same old shit.

That Hospitals record didn't do anything for me.

not as good as 'rich people', but thats because that record was fucking perfect.

listen to pink reason
Old 09.20.2008, 01:42 PM   #177
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
havnt heard a lot of those (obviousl6 mr rick hears more new music than me) but the ones i do know are all on my list. eat skull-sick to death is on my headphones now, theyre my favorite rock band right now along with pink reason. the new hospitals record is fucking amazing too, dead western is something i need to check out, and billy bao is fucking amazing.

one thing we all seem to be looking over is the new black pus record. chippendale is the gnarliest musician alive, and listening to him destroy his drum set, and make devasating electronic noise and vocal distortion and occasional saxophone ALL BY HIMSELF. better than lightning bolt. ok, not better than lightning bolt, but definitley better than mindflayer.

i would probably bathe in his sweat. not in the ghey way. just hoping some of his awesomeness makes it into my pores

edit__ yeah, weird how zach hill and chippendale both made awesome records this year. i like this Hill a lot, but Chippendale is a whole different animal

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2008, 01:51 PM   #178
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
and the new los llamaradas records hasn't been released yet, it's going to be sick.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2008, 01:53 PM   #179
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

just listening to that hospitals album... man its good!
Old 09.20.2008, 02:13 PM   #180
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Maybe I need to re-listen. I only listened to it once.

> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth