Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Isss
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.29.2007, 09:31 AM   #21
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
.............I just tend to think terrible things are terrible and good things are good.
The thing that I don't understand (not that it's that important, but I'm kinda curious now) is why you listen to things you think are terrible, like YYYs in this specific case.

edit: still have to listen to this ep.-
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2007, 09:39 AM   #22
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I give everything a chance.

That's why I listened to, say, Metallica - St. Anger after hating Load, Reload, etc... and turns out, St. Anger has some awesome guitar riffs, tones, and there's cool production ideas!

I tend to find one good thing out of everything, even if I hate it.. I've listened to Bloc Party, Arcade Fire, Interpol, all that new shit, not necassarily looking forward to hearing it or but I ended up hearing it so yeah. I listen to music every day, every time I'm at the computer, reading, playing games, driving, sleeping, etc., so I get to hear pretty much everything (not to mention I work at *ack* Wal-Mart, which plays brand new CD's all the way through over their radio broadcast at night; though it's sometimes super pop shit, I got to hear the new Modest Mouse, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and some other shit through it).

So, I give everything in music a chance...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2007, 09:52 AM   #23
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Damn, and you manage to listen even subsequent releases (like, not just the debut) by each of the myriad of new bands "spawned" in these last years? That's dedication (even a bit torturing, actually, since many releases are definitely not worth a listen)... I can hardly manage to listen to all the music released by bands I like, I'd never find the time to listen "willingly" to things I don't like.. I mean, I like to listen to "new" bands (like Bat For Lashes , Rolo Tomassi , which I like a lot and many others), but after hearing, say, the first arctic monkeys cd I would never give a listen to their new album in its interity, given the fact I'd probably hear a couple singles anyway on radio or wathever.. I just don't have time for that, even if I listen to hours and hours of music per day..
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2007, 11:10 AM   #24
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Well, obviously, a lot of bands fall under the cracks and I miss them but..

I try my hardest to at least listen to half the album.. and if it sucks, then yeah.... but I try.

Don't forget you're talking to a man who spent two weekends (4 years ago) listening to the Merzbox from beginning to end..

And there's SOME music (cute is what we aim for or whatever) I obviously stay away from, so I don't listen to as much shit as you'd think.. but I do try to at least .. well, there's this dude on soulseek called formerbusboy and all he shares is rips of new albums and that's mainly who I get them from... and he tends to cut through the shit and just get stuff worth listening to, so yeah.

Old 07.30.2007, 08:03 AM   #25
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
love love love the yeah yeah yeahs.

they are fuckin brilliant. love the song "down boy" on this EP.
Old 07.30.2007, 08:37 AM   #26
sarramkrop

[quote=atsonicpark]Oh no, I will never be as talented as a girl who yelps and fingerbangs herself on stage overtop of poorly-written garage shit rock! Woe is me!

quote]

I could have replied to any number of your posts and deconstruct them piece by piece, but for now I'll only point out that kid 606 aka atmoronicpark can only produce the above criticism of a record, considering that HE LISTENS to ALLTHE MUSIC that comes out, probably by downloading it all because, you know, the internet is the only way forward, innit? Seems to me that reading too much internet garbage and too few books are proving too hazardous for your head. Do me a favour, do try and listen to a record before you even think of forays into music criticism.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 05:18 PM   #27
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I don't listen to ALL music that comes out, but I do tend to hear all the big releases. Believe it or not, I mean I know I'm apparently on the internet too much (an hour a day, sometimes two hours), but I do hang out with my friends and even burn CD's for friends of music I don't necassarily like. Point is, no matter what avenue I go down, I do end up hearing a lot of new music weekly. That's just how it is. I know it could be better spent, uh, not downloading music I potentially dislike... and uh... forcefeeding myself books I'll probably hate (though I do read lots of CLICHE ALERT CLICHE ALART william s burroughs and gregory corso OH FUCK I'M A NEW YORK HIPSTER SCENE KID NOW OH FUCK THAT'S NOT REAL LITERATURE MY MIND IS EXPLODING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)... or whatever you're trying to get across.. by saying I'm not qualified to tell whether I dislike shitty garbage music because I'm quite franky not "cultured" enough. So, go ahead and waste your money on annoying-as-fuck awful music and pretend you enjoy it because 1) you haven't heard anything that blows your mind as much as Karen O going "OHHH OHHH OHHHHHHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH [repeats song title 700 times] OHHHHHH UH HUHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEAH!" or 2) you just feel bad you wasted a bunch of money on something so poor when there is so much better you could be spending your money on!

For the record, I buy tons of albums that I enjoy, but you insult me for downloading shit, as if my privelage of hearing a terrible record should only be given to me if I pay for it... which seems to justify the "# 2" reason I posted above why you're even defending this Spin Magazine bullshit.

...Also, I hate Kid606 and nothing I've ever done sounds anything like him, so I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, except to further prove you know nothing about music.. which, you know, I'm not SAYING you know nothing about music (because that's a pretty immature stance to take on things), but man... if you're going to insult ME now, you should know what you're talking about... that's like me going "you like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs aka GUNS N ROSES." See? It makes no sense. Oh shit, I'm DECONSTRUCTING YOUR POST. Sorry, I'll stop now.

Your criticism of me -- actually, your criticism of ANYTHING -- is never to going to be taken seriously when you try to throw in your elitisms and have this self-imposed-godlike stance/message board condescension. I know you think you're awesome because you seem to have a decent knowledge of crap music and you actually don't think "the internet innit movin forward innit" and you have some kind of ability to "innit pick apart innit at your ATMORONICPARK posts lmao innit". But, quite franky, you can say just as much -- hell, maybe even say MORE -- by going, "You know, atsonicpark, I disagree with you. But that's okay." without throwing in such witty quips and barbs as "YOU HEAR >ALL THE MUSIC< IN THE WORLD BY DOWNLOADING YOU SUCK GET OFF THE INTERNET *types away on the internet for 17 hours*." I mean, Jesus, it's obvious to me that you're really smart (and I'm not being sarcastic in the least with that sentence; you seem very educated), but you're debating the fucking YEAH YEAH YEAHS (who pretty much everyone knows is terrible) with me! That's embarassing, dude!

Anyway, I said a few posts ago I'd shut up and leave this thread alone, and I haven't said anything else insulting towards you since then, so yeah... I dunno why you're saying anything else about me (with BOLDS and UNDERLINES, to accentuate a non-point) let's just both accept we're probably being dumb here. Cuz I really have nothing else to say about this... so, until you come back with an sillier reply and we argue for hours about nothing, I'm leaving this thread alone..

Old 07.30.2007, 07:48 PM   #28
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Oh no, I will never be as talented as a girl who yelps and fingerbangs herself on stage overtop of poorly-written garage shit rock! Woe is me!

You're using logic to criticize a great band. Music isn't only for your brain. It's for your heart, gut and crotch. If you don't feel what they're sending, then you have my sympathy because it fuckin' feels good!

And Karen has great stage presence!
Magic Wheel Memory is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 07:54 PM   #29
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
If I listened to music with my heart, gut, and crotch, I would be listening to Air Supply, Lynard Skynard, and Nickelback.

Thank fucking god that isn't the case.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 08:09 PM   #30
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
If I listened to music with my heart, gut, and crotch, I would be listening to Air Supply, Lynard Skynard, and Nickelback.

Thank fucking god that isn't the case.

If that's where your heart, gut and crotch are taking you, you should go see a doctor ASAP. I'm sure there's an operation to fix that.
Old 07.30.2007, 09:40 PM   #31
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

See, I like pbradley. We disagree often.... but he doesn't use every opportunity to try to tear me apart either... and I give him the same respect... WE'RE SEXY!!!!!!!!

Old 07.30.2007, 09:51 PM   #32
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
are the yyy still together?

on a side note, i'm going to be forced to see interpuke, the hurlrrors and the spinal hives because yo la tengo are playing with them in this ultra nerdy, moronic festival in mex city.

and before you tell me my music sucks and that i'm the biggest snob here or that i copy Glice and atsonicpark. THIS IS MY OPINION ON THOSE GOD AWFUL BANDS, JACKASSES.

cock.

listen to monosodic.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2007, 09:56 PM   #33
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

haha, everyneurotic, you're my favorite person here, of course.

Old 07.30.2007, 09:57 PM   #34
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Quote:
See, I like pbradley. We disagree often.... but he doesn't use every opportunity to try to tear me apart either... and I give him the same respect... WE'RE SEXY!!!!!!!!

I love you.
Old 07.30.2007, 09:59 PM   #35
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

*dances like karen o*

WHOA WHOA WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'LL TAKE YOU OUT BOYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Old 07.31.2007, 03:41 AM   #36
sarramkrop

Quote:
haha, everyneurotic, you're my favorite person here, of course.

He would be, since he's YOUR MANAGER!!!

You still can't come up with anything better than insulting someone physically just because you don't like their music. Lame, take it from a sporadic Yeah Yeah Yeahs listener. I've also noticed that I've pushed you to post the longest reply that you have ever produced on this forum, which means that I'm doing something right.

YEAH YEAH YEAH!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2007, 03:52 AM   #37
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Well, I'm sure I'd insult her personality if I knew her, if that counts!

Oh well.

I think I said this a few posts back, but actually Karen's the only member who ruins the band for me (not just cuz she's ugly, I hate her voice, and it's always mixed really loud on their records). Cuz Nick is good, and the drummer is in the Seconds, who I like a lot. So, they need to kick her out. Though she'll probably end up doing a solo album anyway.

Old 07.31.2007, 03:57 AM   #38
sarramkrop

Watch it atsonicpark, I'm in a fairly good mood today. And we don't want sarramkrop to get in a bad mood, do we?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2007, 08:41 AM   #39
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

TICK X 73.

Old 08.02.2007, 11:02 AM   #40
matt74m
little trouble girl

matt74m is a glorious beacon of lightmatt74m is a glorious beacon of lightmatt74m is a glorious beacon of lightmatt74m is a glorious beacon of lightmatt74m is a glorious beacon of lightmatt74m is a glorious beacon of light
Is Is is a great EP. Think for a charting/major label type of a band, Yeah Yeah Yeahs are pretty good.
matt74m is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth