Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café V
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.12.2016, 04:23 PM   #481
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Can you tell I live in tha Dirty South? Third Coast y'all.
Old 02.12.2016, 04:32 PM   #482
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
perhaps in some categories. In others she is far far < than Kim K.

You're talking essentially about ass vs invasion of the flat booty bitchez I assume??

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.12.2016, 04:34 PM   #483
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I think that since the current wave of hip hop is purely based around stripper anthems, and that most of the hot new tracks are bumpin' out of Magic City in Atlanta, instead of a large media marketplace like NYC (where hip hop was born and where it has rotted on the vine) and LA, (where every fucking goddamn rapper still sounds like G-Funk-Lite) these "kids are just not exposed to it.

Over the past month my wife and I have noticed that the hip hop radio stations in Houston (93.7, 97.9) are playing all the cats that we have been listening to for the past 8 months or so, from Rae Sremmurd, to Rich Homie Quan to TY $ to Kevin Gates to Future. I guess no one under 30 is listening to the radio anymore.

You sir nailed it. This era is all just lazy party music about excesses and debauchery more than its not... and hey, there has always been a place for that in rap and hip hop but it seems to me to be too much involved in the ratio now for my tastes

Old 02.12.2016, 04:36 PM   #484
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
You're talking essentially about ass vs invasion of the flat booty bitchez I assume??

HA! 2Short....

Just polar opposites in form. Tall and gangly vs shorter and voluptuous, blonde WASP vs brunette Armenian, short hair vs long hair, closeted lesbian vs straight maneater....

Both are beautiful women. All types of women are beautiful.
Old 02.12.2016, 04:41 PM   #485
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
You sir nailed it. This era is all just lazy party music about excesses and debauchery more than its not... and hey, there has always been a place for that in rap and hip hop but it seems to me to be too much involved in the ratio now for my tastes

besides the party beats there is also a HUGE undercurrent of crack-slingin' glorification, or at least description of the trap life.

I always try to explain it to my friends that when you are poor, when you grow up without material things to use as status symbols, you use non-material things to prove your worth, such as how many babes you bone, who bones the hottest babe, who sells the most dope, who steals the best car, who has been shot and lived, who went to jail and didn;t punk out. etc. You rap/sing about what you know about.

Those things do not mean shit to most of middle america, regardless of race, because their lives are about material possession without the stress of wanting things you can never have, like buying a new ipad every year, new iphone every year, which car mom and dad will buy you for your 16th birthday, who has the best threads,that mommy paid for.. etc. These people see the current wave of rap and find nothing redeeming in it, but fuck them. it is not for them.
Old 02.12.2016, 04:41 PM   #486
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
you can easily find both types of women at yr local grocery store.

or your local library
Old 02.12.2016, 05:26 PM   #487
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
you can easily find both types of women at yr local grocery store.
Only if you live in LA yeah..indeed last time i went grocery shopping at my sister's in Portland i told her, "that wasn't any fun at all. In LA i love going to the market to flirth with all the lovely ladies." In Portland all the ladies were considerably less lovely..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Action Hero
if we aren't in a movie then where are all the ordinary women? All the women here are gorgeous?! You're right but this isn't a movie.. this is California.

Old 02.12.2016, 06:02 PM   #488
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
You're being too defensive right now. I'm not attacking you nor anyone else here dude. I love Kanye and want this album to be great. I never cared what the media says..

Sorry man, I know you're not a attacking me or anyone.
I'm trying to be funny as also serious, and I guess I'm failing.

I apologize.

In the future, if I ever accuse you of cloud city Vadering, please understand that I'm talking to you like a very close friend, trusting that you'll know I'm fucking around.

Now I feel bad.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.12.2016, 06:11 PM   #489
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Louder's right that #NoMorePartiesInLA and Real Friends are total gems.

I can kinda see why you're disappointed if you were expecting more like Ye's phenomenal, career best verse on "No More..."

Me, I am happy to hear Kanye's thoughts and visions take formation. Even if he's just curating, producing and adding very few lyrics, I still love his work.

But yeah, No More Parties is pretty far beyond anything else on the album in terms of flow and technique.

Friends?
Old 02.12.2016, 06:22 PM   #490
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
besides the party beats there is also a HUGE undercurrent of crack-slingin' glorification, or at least description of the trap life.

I always try to explain it to my friends that when you are poor, when you grow up without material things to use as status symbols, you use non-material things to prove your worth, such as how many babes you bone, who bones the hottest babe, who sells the most dope, who steals the best car, who has been shot and lived, who went to jail and didn;t punk out. etc. You rap/sing about what you know about.

Those things do not mean shit to most of middle america, regardless of race, because their lives are about material possession without the stress of wanting things you can never have, like buying a new ipad every year, new iphone every year, which car mom and dad will buy you for your 16th birthday, who has the best threads,that mommy paid for.. etc. These people see the current wave of rap and find nothing redeeming in it, but fuck them. it is not for them.

Dude, what era of the American middle class are you referring to exactly? Because shit... I used to make what I though was a fair amount of money for living in a mid-level city. 40-45k/year tops. Nothing super impressive, but it was a lot more than many of my friends made. But I never had enough money to do the things you're talking about. Not even close. With expenses factored in and student loans and helping my girlfriend through grad school, I was paycheck to paycheck.

The middle class doesn't really exist anymore unless you live in a very small town and make a shit ton of money for that area. I'm talking like, 70k or more in an area with no more than 10,000 people, where the average household income is less than 25.

My parents were college professors and magazine editors and even in the good old '90s, buyinf a new car was a massive decision that required a loan and a conmittement to sticking with said car for 5-10 years.

Maybe I grew up poorer than I remember, but I think you're talking about upper-middle class folks at the very least, if not straight up rich people.
Old 02.12.2016, 06:33 PM   #491
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Dude, what era of the American middle class are you referring to exactly? Because shit... I used to make what I though was a fair amount of money for living in a mid-level city. 40-45k/year tops. Nothing super impressive, but it was a lot more than many of my friends made. But I never had enough money to do the things you're talking about. Not even close. With expenses factored in and student loans and helping my girlfriend through grad school, I was paycheck to paycheck.

The middle class doesn't really exist anymore unless you live in a very small town and make a shit ton of money for that area. I'm talking like, 70k or more in an area with no more than 10,000 people, where the average household income is less than 25.

My parents were college professors and magazine editors and even in the good old '90s, buyinf a new car was a massive decision that required a loan and a conmittement to sticking with said car for 5-10 years.

Maybe I grew up poorer than I remember, but I think you're talking about upper-middle class folks at the very least, if not straight up rich people.

Teddy Brosevelt i hate to break it to you but unless you live in Appalachia 45k is NOT middle vlass. It isn't the poverty line by any means and it is a more or less "cool" lifestyle BUT frankly in today's US any household under 100k is NOT MIDDLE CLASS rather is paycheck to paycheck

Old 02.12.2016, 07:55 PM   #492
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Teddy Brosevelt i hate to break it to you but unless you live in Appalachia 45k is NOT middle vlass. It isn't the poverty line by any means and it is a more or less "cool" lifestyle BUT frankly in today's US any household under 100k is NOT MIDDLE CLASS rather is paycheck to paycheck

That was my point.

100k is still upper class. Trust me, I've lived and worked in some very expensive areas, and people making 100k (not for the household, but for one person) do just fine. I was able to rent a nice place in Seattle on much much less. Course I had a girlfriend who also worked and made good money, and I have no children, but yeah... My Frieda who clear 100k live very well.

A lot of t depends on where you are. You live in LA, right? In sure you get this.

Anyway I don't think I'm quite middle class anymore. I make less than I used to, even though I'm still quite comfortable.

I didn't mean to say "yo, I make 45k, I'm a baller!" Not at all. I meant something closer to "hey, I bring in 5 or 6 times what people under the poverty line make and I'm still nowhere near being able to buy a Fucking car every year."

The middle class doesn't exist anymore, unfortunately.
Old 02.12.2016, 08:00 PM   #493
Severian
invito al cielo

Wait, Teddy Brosevelt?
Old 02.12.2016, 08:25 PM   #494
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Sorry man, I know you're not a attacking me or anyone.
I'm trying to be funny as also serious, and I guess I'm failing.

I apologize.

In the future, if I ever accuse you of cloud city Vadering, please understand that I'm talking to you like a very close friend, trusting that you'll know I'm fucking around.

Now I feel bad.
It's all good my man, no hard feelings.

I might've gone too far with my criticism, honestly I've been bummed all day because I just want this album to be great.. it's obvious that Kanye isn't going through the best phase in his personal life these days and I just don't want it to affect this album negatively.

https://twitter.com/RHYMEFEST/status/698178615175987200

"@JakeChatty my brother needs help, in the form of counseling. Spiritual & mental. He should step away from the public & yesmen & heal"

--

P.S. I'm sure TLOP will be good.. even if it ends up being Ye's worst album lyrically.. it won't be the end of the world.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.12.2016, 08:26 PM   #495
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Louder's right that #NoMorePartiesInLA and Real Friends are total gems.

I can kinda see why you're disappointed if you were expecting more like Ye's phenomenal, career best verse on "No More..."

Me, I am happy to hear Kanye's thoughts and visions take formation. Even if he's just curating, producing and adding very few lyrics, I still love his work.

But yeah, No More Parties is pretty far beyond anything else on the album in terms of flow and technique.

Friends?
Well, No More Parties is back on the album now so that's a plus.

And of course.
Old 02.12.2016, 08:35 PM   #496
louder
invito al cielo

My opinion often seems "extreme" to others because of how passionate I am. I'm used to it.
Old 02.13.2016, 09:22 AM   #497
louder
invito al cielo

I think Kanye might be addicted to coke. It would explain his erratic behavior and Rhymefest's tweets.
Old 02.13.2016, 09:54 AM   #498
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
I think Kanye might be addicted to coke. It would explain his erratic behavior and Rhymefest's tweets.

I've thought that on and off for as long as I can remember.
Old 02.13.2016, 11:08 AM   #499
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
I've thought that on and off for as long as I can remember.
Rhymefest said he's more concerned about Ye's well being than his music. That and the following pic are very telling:

Old 02.13.2016, 11:09 AM   #500
louder
invito al cielo

Anyway,

WHERE THE HELL IS THE LIFE OF PABLO??!?!?!

222324 25 2627283575125 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth