Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Low-"C'mon"
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.07.2012, 12:10 PM   #161
hipster_bebop_junkie
the destroyed room

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
"Let It Go", from The Murder Of Crows' "Imperfecta" EP can be streamed here:
http://blog.thecurrent.org/post/2012...-and-minnesota
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2012, 03:06 PM   #162
hipster_bebop_junkie
the destroyed room

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Bump.

"Imperfecta", by The Murder Of Crows, is now available for streaming on SoundCloud:
http://soundcloud.com/themurderofcrows/sets/imperfecta

A new batch of CDs will be pressed and distributed by Noiseland Industries.
Old 07.16.2012, 09:39 PM   #163
hipster_bebop_junkie
the destroyed room

Low - 2012-07-07 - Cactus Festival, Brugge, Belgium
Uploaded by emmanuel
Old 07.18.2012, 05:58 PM   #164
_tunic_
expwy. to yr skull

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
here's the LMA link: http://archive.org/details/low2012-07-07.brugge.flac16

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2012, 06:49 AM   #165
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Friends,

We’ve been taking some downtime this year to write, and we’ve just started to record the new album. We should have news for you soon about a new record in early 2013.

In the meantime, Alan’s new project, The Murder of Crows, is performing songs off their EP Imperfecta live via a webcast from Sacred Heart Church in Duluth (where C’mon, Trust, Great Destroyer, and RGC 2 were recorded). You can stream the performance worldwide through www.stageit.com on Monday, September 24 at 2PM EST/1pm CST/11am PST and 7pm Greenwich Mean time. Admission is “name your own price” so reserve your spot and watch at work or at home.

MOC is a duo featuring Alan and and violinist/vocalist Gaelynn Lea (Snöbarn). You can listen and purchase their new 7 track EP, Imperfecta, on iTunes, Amazon MP3 or through their bandsite. Imperfecta also features guest vocals from Mimi on the track “Let It Go”. Click here to listen to “Let It Go”. Follow The Murder of Crows on Facebook HERE.

See you soon,

Low

אש זרה

Robin Hood is more real than Jesus - Rob Instigator

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2012, 08:50 PM   #166
hipster_bebop_junkie
the destroyed room

That new Low record will be produced by Jeff Tweedy, according to AV Club:
http://www.avclub.com/articles/lows-...eedy-al,85219/
Old 09.24.2012, 08:44 PM   #167
hipster_bebop_junkie
the destroyed room

KUMD FM will be broadcasting/streaming a live session by The Murder Of Crows tomorrow. Info at the link below:
http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/kumd/arts.artsmain?action=viewArticle&sid=14&id=1946848 &pid=392

_tunic_, can you please capture it? Or do you know someone at the Chairkickers List who could? I'm afraid my work is currently keeping me away from the Interneck a little bit too much lately, and I've been missing the good shit. Thanks for any and all efforts in regards to this matter.
Old 09.25.2012, 08:29 AM   #168
_tunic_
expwy. to yr skull

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I completely forgotten about watching the stream yesterday. I was too occupied with listening to my Wedding Present capture of the night before ;-)
I've asked the list whether someone taped it, hopefully someone did

Old 09.25.2012, 03:45 PM   #169
SpaceCadetHayden
the end of the ugly

SpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's asses
i thought this thread was about cam'ron and now i'm disappointed

SpaceCadetHayden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2012, 10:24 PM   #170
hipster_bebop_junkie
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
I completely forgotten about watching the stream yesterday. I was too occupied with listening to my Wedding Present capture of the night before ;-)
I've asked the list whether someone taped it, hopefully someone did

Sometimes it seems either you document Low or no one does (kudos and respect to emmanuel, stu666, obh2o, Nibbler, and many others, though). Really hoping this show was indeed captured (they covered Nirvana's "Heart-Shaped Box" apparently; I wonder if there were new tunes as well)... They'll be performing at some other venues which aren't exactly part of the Duluth scene. Hoping some of those gigs will be taped by someone.

Wanted to catch the KUMD session, but alas, it was a shitty day at work and so I ended up missing this as well. Maybe they'll have it up for lossy streaming at some point over at KUMD's website.
Old 09.27.2012, 08:03 AM   #171
hipster_bebop_junkie
the destroyed room

The Murder Of Crows KUMD session is now archived here for lossy streaming:
http://www.prx.org/pieces/85241-murder-of-crows
Old 09.28.2012, 02:04 PM   #172
hipster_bebop_junkie
the destroyed room

The Murder Of Crows will be on WDSE's The Playlist on November 15th:
http://www.wdse.org/shows/playlist/whats-coming
Old 10.01.2012, 10:11 PM   #173
hipster_bebop_junkie
the destroyed room

Bumpity, bump.

KAXE Northern Community Radio, from Minnesota, did broadcast an interview and segments of a live show by The Murder Of Crows (Alan Sparhawk & Gaelynn Lea); which passed unnoticed to us, but I now just crossed paths with it on Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/amy-lynn-6/mur...ows-kaxe-radio
Old 10.04.2012, 09:31 PM   #174
hipster_bebop_junkie
the destroyed room

Snöbarn (Gaelynn Lea on violin, vocals and bells & Ariane Norrgard on guitar and vocals) are planning on recording and subsequently releasing their debut album, which is likely to have some kind of participation by Alan Sparhawk. Quoted below what it was posted at their official facebook:

"Snöbarn is looking forward to an exciting winter! In December we are planning to launch a Kickstarter project that would fund our very first full-length album. We hope to start recording at Sacred Heart in February; the talented Eric Swanson and Alan Sparhawk have already agreed to take the lead on recording/mixing/mastering. With any luck we'd have a soft release of the album in early May... just in time for Homegrown 2013! Stay tuned, folks!"
Old 10.18.2012, 11:09 PM   #175
hipster_bebop_junkie
the destroyed room

Catch a Low set on the radio this weekend! Nationally syndicated Mountain Stage Radio Show, taped at the North House Folk School in Grand Marias, MN, airs on your local NPR Music radio station beginning tomorrow, October 19th. You can find the air times by station here:
http://www.mountainstage.org/mtnstageaffiliates.aspx
Old 10.25.2012, 05:54 PM   #176
_tunic_
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
Catch a Low set on the radio this weekend! Nationally syndicated Mountain Stage Radio Show, taped at the North House Folk School in Grand Marias, MN, airs on your local NPR Music radio station beginning tomorrow, October 19th. You can find the air times by station here:
http://www.mountainstage.org/mtnstageaffiliates.aspx

Here's the stream of their Mountain Stage set. Or you can directly grab the full mp3, or cut into little pieces

links were originally provided y Steve on the Chairkickers forum.

Old 10.25.2012, 09:46 PM   #177
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Thx Tunic

אש זרה

Robin Hood is more real than Jesus - Rob Instigator

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.27.2012, 05:44 AM   #178
_tunic_
expwy. to yr skull

you're welcome. Judging by their latest tweets, there should be a new RGC album out pretty soon. Very much looking forward to that, especially if they will be touring Europe again. It's been too long since I last saw them.

Old 11.02.2012, 12:01 PM   #179
_tunic_
expwy. to yr skull

I was right

Old 11.13.2012, 01:07 AM   #180
hipster_bebop_junkie
the destroyed room

As it was mentioned here a while ago, The Murder Of Crows will be on The Playlist this next Thursday. They will be performing there in front of a live audience, of which you can be a part of, if you are willing and able to. You can sign up here:
http://www.wdse.org/shows/playlist/audience

I hope someone can capture the broadcast on Thursday night. If not, we can have a consolation prize in the sense that it will be archived for streaming on WDSE's website (so I've heard).

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth