Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page You'll never guess who turned up on stage with Primal Scream last night!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.30.2008, 01:52 AM   #21
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Primal Scream were fucking amazing on that Exterminator tour. One of my life's regrets is that I went to see them again on their next tour expecting them to be just as good the second time.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2008, 02:18 AM   #22
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
On paper Evil Heat should have been just as good as XTRMTR, they had a pretty similar style and approach on that album, but it just doesn't sound as powerful as the album before, XTRMTR's sound just came out of fucking nowhere (as do most Primal Scream albums) so Evil Heat was comparitively weaker, so I imagine the tour was fairly cack. You could have been easily fooled into thinking the show I was at was on that tour though, they played only four tunes from the new'un, and most from XTRMTR, largely due, I imagine, to the presence of the producer and guitarist for that record.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2008, 07:40 AM   #23
NWRA
children of satan

NWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's asses
I saw these in Leeds last night. Really enjoyable gig, and was pleased to see that they mainly played Exterminator/Evil Heat (Shoot Speed/Kill Light being the highlight), with only four new songs and a few crowd-pleasing older songs during the encore. They were more modest and communicative than I was expecting, for some reason. They ended with a great (well, effective) noise section.

What is their new album like? The songs seemed good live.
NWRA is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2008, 06:36 PM   #24
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Bono?
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2008, 06:37 AM   #25
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
I randomly saw them last night. I didn't even know I was going to it till a few hours before haha. It was actually really fun. They're better live than on record.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth