Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page drunken assholes
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.16.2008, 01:50 AM   #1
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Just got back from a concert at a bar.

Jesus I hate drunken assholes who drink and drive and get pulled over but somehow managed not to get taken to jail who, the very next night, get drunk and act like a fucking idiot and knock over the band's equipment and shit.

It's okay to drink, and it's sometimes okay to be an asshole. But damn.

And then some other chick at this bar.. jesus.. she shoved past me and some people talking and then was like "SORRY" in this sarcastic drunken slurred voice. We didn't even care that she bumped into us, but she... uh... seemed to think we cared so she gave a sarcastic "sorry" to be a bitch for no apparent reason?!

People are fucking weird. I guess since I've spent my whole life trying not to be a dick to people, I'm not used to this kind of shit. Oh well. At least I can rest easily knowing I've never went out of my way to be a dick to people. Fuck 'em.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2008, 02:43 AM   #2
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
people tend to be shit, and normally people get more shit when they're drunk. Doesn't stop all of us doing it on occasion and doesn't make it any less annoying but thems the facts
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2008, 02:44 AM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Right, I'm not... you know... trying to preach. Just venting. Haha.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2008, 06:45 AM   #4
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Drunks at concerts are always a pain in the butt. I don't understand why so many people place such importance on drinking heavily at gigs - it's hardly going to enhance their experience, is it?

I used to go to gigs with a guy who would spend the two or three hours before the gig in a pub, drinking constantly, would hit the bar again on entering the venue, and would watch the band totally pissed. Next morning he would remember nothing of the band he saw.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2008, 12:59 PM   #5
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
I hate drunks at concerts. There is no point of getting drunk if youre going to see a band. You wont remember anything. And I hate drunk chicks which want to dance with you during the gig and then brush up against like every guy in the venue. gross.
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2008, 01:02 PM   #6
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
no point? ever seen the Pogues?

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2008, 01:17 PM   #7
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
Drinking and driving is something I'm really, very against.

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2008, 01:29 PM   #8
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
the shepherds bush empire is shit for drunks and pricks talking all through the gig. the section at the back by the bar seems to be where you stand around and talk really loudly to your mates. trouble is, you have to shout because that annoying loud music coming from the stage. And you need to talk about the last episode of Nathan Barley and laugh really loud and touch your friends arm, but he's only your friend and hes gay really so its ok to brush your tits against him and who are you shushing fucker? fuck off somewhere else i'm talking.

So i tend to avoid going there unless its someone really good
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2008, 01:54 PM   #9
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_buzzo
I hate drunks at concerts. There is no point of getting drunk if youre going to see a band. You wont remember anything. And I hate drunk chicks which want to dance with you during the gig and then brush up against like every guy in the venue. gross.

Bollocks. Drinking can make an incredibly shit band much better than they are. If anything, the prevalence of drink at shitty shows is probably why thousands of bands still have careers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2008, 02:02 PM   #10
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
dude that reminds me. the other day my new roomate and were cleaning cuz we had a party the night before. i was taken out to trash, and these two californian total university of arizona soroity types starting talking shit to me OUT OF NOWHERE. at first, i had no idea they were talking to me cuz id never seen them before and these two dudes were like yo guy these chicks are talking to you. i then turn around and these girls were like, "FUCK YOU FAGGOT FUCK YOU NICE CUT OFF SHORTS FAG!!!!!!!!!", blah blah. and these girls were hot, but thats besides the fact. my initial thought was that i was blacked out on alcohol and called them a cunt, because it seemed quite clear they lived at the same apartment as me. when i asked them if i offended them, they continuted to act like 12 year olds and seriously like harassing me, at first i felt like the fat loner kid on the first grade playground all over again, then i realized, wait a sec, what the fuck do i care, im adam lehrer, these girls cant talk shit to me, and i was gonna blow up in their faces and possibly be physically threatning. but i quickly realized the stupidity to that and just ignored them.

moral of the story, fuck being mean. mean people deserve to choke on thier own vomit, and being mean is baggage. i usually feel worse if i hurt someone else's feelings than if someone hurts mine, u know what i mean. and this school of mine, university of arizona, is full of self absorbed assholes, its terrible. but, obviously, tons and tons of cool people too. when you got 38,000 going to a school, theres gonna be some bad eggs.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.16.2008, 02:03 PM   #11
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Bollocks. Drinking can make an incredibly shit band much better than they are. If anything, the prevalence of drink at shitty shows is probably why thousands of bands still have careers.

the pogues for instance. everyone i know who likes them (like me of course) is either irish, irish descent, or a lover (not neccesarily an alcoholic) of alcohol. i fall into the third category.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth