Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Dinosaur Jr
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.25.2007, 01:21 PM   #21
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses

king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2007, 01:27 PM   #22
Massassinated
bad moon rising

Massassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's asses
The new album is bland.
Old 05.25.2007, 01:29 PM   #23
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
hah bland?! i think not my friend and i shall challenge you to a duel.
Old 05.25.2007, 01:31 PM   #24
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
*Pulls out swords.

Altered.
Old 05.25.2007, 01:32 PM   #25
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
listen to the song in my sig...you prob have already..but do it again for fun
Old 05.25.2007, 02:09 PM   #26
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

What is it? If its anything worthy then I'll listen to it, but if you interrupt me listening to Rapeman for some shit, then you're getting cyberspanked.
Old 05.25.2007, 03:56 PM   #27
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
speaking as a big dino jr fan both with and without lou, I think Beyond is a great record.It sounds kind of like what would have happened if lou had stayed in dino when they went to a major label. I love this record, I think its just as good as Where You Been.

J's songwriting is in top form on the record."almost ready", "pick me up", this is all i came to do", "been there all the time" and "we're not alone" should become dino jr standards.Lou's songs on the record are just as good and its cool to hear a mascis solo over a lou song for the first time in over a decade.I can't wait to see them do the new songs live.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2007, 04:59 PM   #28
GrungeMonkey
100%

GrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-aim
The album kicks arse... take off lous songs and you've got a damn near perfect album. I wasn't so taken with it at first think it was usual formula and stuff - but really you cant beat how great these songs are and they're up there in with the best they've done i'd say.

Lou's songs are the best on the album!!! They're the ones that sound most like classic Dinosaur. But its a great album, no doubt about that.
GrungeMonkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2007, 06:02 PM   #29
auto-aim
the destroyed room

auto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrungeMonkey
Lou's songs are the best on the album!!! They're the ones that sound most like classic Dinosaur. But its a great album, no doubt about that.

Don't get me wrong i dont hate them or anything, but just dont get on with them that well... They kind of sound like a good foo fighters to me - and they break the general flow of the album but they're stylistically different.

His Naked Torso
auto-aim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2007, 07:50 PM   #30
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-aim
Don't get me wrong i dont hate them or anything, but just dont get on with them that well... They kind of sound like a good foo fighters to me - and they break the general flow of the album but they're stylistically different.

Only "lightning bulb" sounds stylistically different from the rest of the record. "back to your heart" fits in fine.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2007, 10:08 AM   #31
Massassinated
bad moon rising

Massassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
Well, plain, dull, totally unimpressive if you prefer.
Old 05.26.2007, 10:09 AM   #32
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

Have all the albums now. Finally
Old 05.27.2007, 07:52 AM   #33
THEXTREMIST
empty page

THEXTREMIST has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I very much like the album. Seems to take bits from all the Dino Eras, Sebadoh and Mascis and the Fog and just push them all together into one tightly neat puzzle.

I'll agree that 'lightning Bulb' doesn't really fit on the album and for that reason I can't really get into that track, it just interrupts the flow of it when I'm listening. But the tracks are really good, my favs are probably 'We're Not Alone' and 'Back To Your Heart' and in choosing one of each, I guess both J and Lou would be happy lol.

I do hope that Lou releases a new Sebadoh record though, I think that's gotta be the future point from here for him.

I'd like to see Mascis recording a more acoustic based album perhaps, stripped down even more from the Fog days. All together, very snazzy
THEXTREMIST is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2007, 08:12 AM   #34
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEXTREMIST

I do hope that Lou releases a new Sebadoh record though, I think that's gotta be the future point from here for him.
Yeah, me too, I've heard on this board the Spring tour was great, so he MUST release a new Sebadoh album. That 'd be really fantastic. I'm still wainting for a new Sebadoh release, the last one was just decent (of course I don't speak about the III reissue).

HECKLER SPRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2007, 08:15 AM   #35
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEXTREMIST

I'd like to see Mascis recording a more acoustic based album perhaps, stripped down even more from the Fog days. All together, very snazzy

Yeah,same, like when he made Martin & Me, I really want that album.
Old 05.27.2007, 12:26 PM   #36
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
i think the album is great
cant wait to see them on the 17th here in houston
sucks they are the opening band though
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2007, 12:28 PM   #37
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

^Who are they opening to?
Old 07.03.2007, 02:38 AM   #38
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
Black Keys
keys were okay
Dino blew them out of the water
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth